• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Dobutso no Mori, Animal Crossing, and Dobutso no Mori e+ Difference Questions

pDestiny

Bells
Okay, so to start off, this is mostly going to be part of a personal project of mine, that being a "Hubris Quest" where I would play every main game in a franchise and every remake that has healthy additions. And I thought AC would be a fun one to do so I've been looking into it, I have possible English Patches for Dobutso no Mori and Dobutso no Mori e+ that I can use but my main questions are these.

Smaller Questions:
What are the main differences between the three versions?
Can I access all the features/items in an emulated version or would I need hacks and/or exploits?

Big Question:
What constitutes "100% Completion"?

My goal for these is to play the series in order, starting with Dobutso no Mori, and part of that is seeing all the content I could, outside of seeing every villager which I don't plan on, that leaves completing the game, with a side order of playing it for at least one year. With some games it's simple, get the full pokedex, get every piece of heart and item, etc. But I'm not too sure on if any Animal Crossing has a completion goal. Hoping for like, a furniture catalog or something I could fill up.

I have played all of the mainline games except Dobutso no Mori. In my opinion, 100% completion constitutes completing your catalog, museum, and fish/bug log. Bring New Leaf and New Horizons into the mix, and you can add completing your Badge/Nook Miles goals to that list.

Villagers you meet along the way are totally up to you. I wouldn’t say you necessarily have to meet them all. I keep the villagers I like, and let the others go. Also, there are villager pictures. I believe those got added in Wild World. You can collect them all from each villager, but that will take lots of patience on your part. You obtain pictures from high friendship, and even then it’s random whether or not they gift you the picture. It’s not a necessary part of completion, in my personal opinion. You may have people that will tell you otherwise, but again, it takes a lot of work to get one for every villager. I’d only get the pictures of the villagers you come across, and not worry about the villagers you don’t have.

I hope this helps you just a little bit, and I wish you luck on your quest. It seems like an interesting one.

Nookipedia is great for this.

This lists the changes from Doubutsu no Mori to Doubutsu no Mori+. Most changes here are cosmetic, but notably, many key things are introduced in Doubutsu+, such as the Able Sisters, Blathers, house expansions, and morning aerobics, along with a bunch of cosmetic changes and memory-related things. From what I gather, Doubutsu+ is roughly the same as Animal Crossing (international), just a few things changed for localizations.

This lists the chnages from Animal Crossing to Doubustu no Mori e+. This is the same as Animal Crossing (international), but with new stuff. Some changes include the infamous "wake Tom Nook up after hours", the Reset Surveillance Center, chanegs to Animal Island, conditional dialogue based of villager accomplishments, villagers becoming sick, lost items, fleas, and Jacob's Ladders. There was also the introduction of objects, which are basically Public Works Projects prior to New Leaf.

And then don't forget Dòngwù Sēnlín, the only game to officially release in China. Notable differences between Doubutsu no Mori and this are localizations, such as changing Japanese furniture to a few items not seen outside of China.

And then don't forget Dòngwù Sēnlín, the only game to officially release in China. Notable differences between Doubutsu no Mori and this are localizations, such as changing Japanese furniture to a few items not seen outside of China.
I couldnt find any of those lists so thanks for those links :)

Also, two other side questions, but I dont think this is notable enough editions from what you've said it changes. But even so, is there any possible way to play this with an english translation and/or could it be done on a hacked Wii U?

I couldnt find any of those lists so thanks for those links :)

Also, two other side questions, but I dont think this is notable enough editions from what you've said it changes. But even so, is there any possible way to play this with an english translation and/or could it be done on a hacked Wii U?

I haven't the faintest clue.

nobody has put in the effort to translate the chinese version like zoinkity did for the japanese n64 version

the fan translation for dnm e+ by cuyler36 is currently on "hiatus" pending significant progress on the decompilation to c code for much easier editing

nobody has put in the effort to translate the chinese version like zoinkity did for the japanese n64 version

the fan translation for dnm e+ by cuyler36 is currently on "hiatus" pending significant progress on the decompilation to c code for much easier editing
So for now I can only play dnm 64 and AC Gamecube?

Back