Do you think your hype has died down now that the game has been revealed?

I'm actually surprised by the amount of people that dislike the "tropical setting". I don't think they understand that the island can be whatever you want. You can even remove the palm trees... Its just a giant plot of land that happens to be on an island. Also the delay put some people into a bad mood, at least it did for me. I understand why it was delayed, it just sucks that I went through most of 2019 thinking it was releasing this year. But the game will be polished and it makes me happy Nintendo is caring for it's developers so its not a big deal.

To be fair, the trailer did start and end on a beach with palm trees, plus the Nooks seem to be wearing Hawaiian shirts. I agree that we can probably adapt the Island to whatever we want, but there’s definitely cause for the “tropical” associations imo.

As far as the delay goes I’m not bothered in the slightest. I expected it to come out toward the year’s end, likely December, anyway—it’s really just an additional few months from my perspective.

Not even close. They said they have a ton of other NEW features that they still haven't shown yet.

Nope! I'm much more excited. Initially I was concerned that the game would be following in the tracks of pocket camp, and have shard mechanics and integration, but knowing that the new game will barely have any crossover with pocket camp, I'm very happy! I hope to make lots of stuff and am excited to share materials with my friends haha. I imagine when it releases, we will move through eachothers islands one by one, collect all resources, then equally redistribute between ourselves to suit our goals

I'm actually surprised by the amount of people that dislike the "tropical setting". I don't think they understand that the island can be whatever you want. You can even remove the palm trees... Its just a giant plot of land that happens to be on an island. Also the delay put some people into a bad mood, at least it did for me. I understand why it was delayed, it just sucks that I went through most of 2019 thinking it was releasing this year. But the game will be polished and it makes me happy Nintendo is caring for it's developers so its not a big deal.

You can get rid of the palm trees but those sandy beaches are a permanent reminder of all those sick hours I spent catching beetles in the island.

Excuse my ranting... Im actually way more excited now that information on its release date and first looks into its concept have been revealed. I feel I was part of the minority when the date release was pushed back, because I had already expected as much from the New Leaf release. That game had been in the works or talked about being released 4 YEARS before it ever was. I remember the constant pushback of that games release, and having to wait through every E3 or direct only to have them supply me with disappointment. The announcement of this instalment getting pushed back was NOT surprising and I actually expected them to come out with the whole "in 2020" and that would be it, only to have them delay it further. But the fact they gave a month and day, showing they are certain, made me EXTREMELY excited and hyped for next year.

Last edited:
I am not hyped anymore. That has nothing to do with the game - I will be really excited a month before or so but right now there aren't any news only speculations. I can't be hyped for 9 months straight :)

I'm still hyped, the delay has made me want to go back and play older titles such as the gamecube game and wild world, but yeah still hyped if anything slightly more hyped knowing how much work Nintendo are putting into it.

Nope. If anything, my hype has been prolonged since the sneak preview of the gameplay. I can't wait to see more the game has to offer!

That surprises me too. You have always been able to build a town to your liking. There's even footage of the different seasons in this game, so I don't see the problem.

Back on topic. I can wait patiently while being occupied with work and other stuff and playing some New Leaf. I'd always rather see a delayed release of a good game than a rushed game full of errors that needs to be patched over and over. I'm pretty confident NH will be good. Can't really say I'm hyped, but the E3 announcement and gameplay did make me happy and curious of what else they'll release in the coming months. Let's just say I'm looking forward to this game :)

I'm not really hyped up as much anymore, but I'm sure if they (maybe, possibly?) have an Animal Crossing direct to show off more features of the game or other little quirks will probably excite me. I'll definitely be excited all February and it'll probably be the slowest month despite being the shortest lol-- along with the days in March building up to its release.

Quite the inverse, actually, because we actually know more about the game. I think in the last week or so, my hype has died down some, but just because the news isn't so new anymore.

My hype went the opposite direction. I was excited for a new Animal Crossing game when they announced it for the Switch. Now I?m even more hyped since the latest E3 announcement. I wonder how big will it be after the next direct.

I think the fact that I haven't had access to ACNL for a while in addition to the reveal, has only increased by excitement. Because I can't just go and play new leaf, I'm filling that void with videos of people analyzing clues of possible machanics, and thinking about ideas for town themes.

However, I will have access to New Leaf in about 1-2 weeks, and I sure that will fill the void, as I have lots to do in my town.

I don't, however, think that playing new leaf will decrease my excitement, but it will allow me to put it on the back burner for a while.

I would agree that my hype has died down, but that doesn't at all mean that I'm not still really excited to play the new game.

It's the inverse for me - hype was quite low before reveal, because it was very uncertain on what the game would become and when it would release. (I know Nintendo said 2019, but when there's no gameplay to show, I choose not to believe that.)

Now that we actually know how it plays (and that it's not a Pocket Camp-style cop-out), we know when it's releasing and we know a lot of the fun new mechanics... *now* is when I start to get hyped.

Also quite happy that they're focusing on Nook again instead of shoehorning Isabelle into the spotlight for the fifth game in a row. She was fine in New Leaf, but after HHD, arguably Amiibo Festival and especially Pocket Camp... let's give her a break, or at least a supporting role instead of a major one.

Last edited:
I feel like New Leaf will still be my #1 favourite AC game, but New Horizons still looks good. Yes, I was bummed out that it was delayed, but also excited to know that they?re taking all that time to improve the game. I?d rather have a game that took its time to be well thought out and worked on to the best of its abilities, rather than a rushed ?could have been better? game. So overall, my hype hasn?t died down.

The initial hype, maybe.
I have a lot of people are going to be riding the Hype Rollercoaster every time we get a clue as to what the game will or wont be like.
I'm not trying to get too hyped up considering that I don't know if I'll be able to afford it at all.
But I'm so excited anyway!

Last edited:
I wouldn't want to be constantly hyping about ACNH everyday for 9 months straight. That would just be too distracting.

I am counting each day until the release, so I don't think my hype has died at all :lemon:

My hype has died down because of the 9 month wait. Ask me again in January or February and I'll be beyond excited.

Back