Do you think your hype has died down now that the game has been revealed?

The initial hype, maybe.
I have a lot of people are going to be riding the Hype Rollercoaster every time we get a clue as to what the game will or wont be like.
I'm not trying to get too hyped up considering that I don't know if I'll be able to afford it at all.
But I'm so excited anyway!

I'm basically trying to stay away from most new information until another Direct. I want to surprise myself. :p

Quite the contrary. Before, I don't think there was any hype.

We were living under the impression that Nintendo was making an Animal Crossing game, and it was set for 2019.

Some were a little upset that Nintendo was being super hush about it. There were no trailers or any kind of preview. Others, myself included, predicted that Nintendo was just waiting to drop an official showcase for E3.

Now that we've seen the game, know the name, and know some features, the excitement is real, and we have an official date to mark on the calendar and wait for. I'm sure we're all eager to hear and learn more about the game during the next 8 months.

I'm not sure how hype could diminish based off how it was pre E3.

Last edited:
Well this forum is dead half of the day. So I guess the hype is dying down now that the game's trailer reveal has come and go. But, my hype remains.

It depends on where you look. It only seems like the hype has died down because most of the speculation has been done about the information we know and everyone is waiting for the next bit of information to tease them.

yes, peeeeersonally i don't like the new game, because it reminds me of pocket camp and doesn't necessarily feel like a main title game to me, it feels like a spin off. but it might just be the trailer that threw me off. i'm waiting until we see more footage before deciding to buy it.

I had high hopes before the direct, not so much after.

Still waiting on the final product.

Not at all. There was nothing to talk about before, and I was considering just selling my switch if we didn?t hear about it for much longer than we had (because my expectation was that it would take inspiration from the spinoffs anyway). Since the trailer hit I?ve been much more excited.

My hype has never been higher than after the reveal. I can't deny it has died down a bit in the passed weeks, but I still can't wait to play New Horizons and definitely keep thinking about it.

Here's hoping an Animal Crossing Direct will be shown within the next 3/4 months! Still a long wait, but we're used to it by now. ;)

My hype has never been higher than after the reveal. I can't deny it has died down a bit in the passed weeks, but I still can't wait to play New Horizons and definitely keep thinking about it.

Here's hoping an Animal Crossing Direct will be shown within the next 3/4 months! Still a long wait, but we're used to it by now. ;)

Yup! March will be a busy month for me. I will probably end up picking up the first FF7 episode along with of course, ACNH.

I was never hyped. I'm not the sort of person who gets excited about things well in advance. I don't even get excited about going on holiday until the day before I'm due to leave.

The hype did die for me, but as soon as there's something new I'm jumping back on the hype train.

Back