Do you think there should be an updated villager tier list?

Should there be an updated Villager tier list?

• Not needed! The value is how much the player wants it!

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • It would help! Shops can be updated, etc

Votes: 39 60.0%

• Total voters

Allytria

In the name of the moon!
Bells
Switch
0195-7034-4726
Summer Shell
Father's Day Carnation
Pear (Fruit)
New Horizons Token
Tasty Cake
Spring Shamrock
New villagers made an appearance in New Horizons! Do you think there should be an updated villager tier list, or is the value depending on the person?

I know some players make shops and go off of these tiers for prices!

Last edited:
I think the whole 'value' thing plummeted a bit when the amiibo cards came out (correct me if I'm wrong, the last time I was active here was before welcome amiibo) but for the new villagers which don't have cards yet I'm sure there will be at least some kind of tier list, with Raymond on top probably LOL

I think the whole 'value' thing plummeted a bit when the amiibo cards came out (correct me if I'm wrong, the last time I was active here was before welcome amiibo) but for the new villagers which don't have cards yet I'm sure there will be at least some kind of tier list, with Raymond on top probably LOL

I noticed this too, then saw that amiibo cards for popular villagers were like $20+ single on ebay! (〃ω〃)

Last edited:

Or Audie, she's super popular as well

Loooool ok people are wild :') I've been debating getting some NFC tags and making some myself but I cannot find the files for the ones I want online so.. Now I'm tempted to just buy boosters. But knowing my luck, not a good idea lol

Can you use the Amiibo cards to get villagers to move into a New Horizons town? I’m not even sure how to use the amiibo currently.

I think villagers should be valued by the person, but 'tier lists' do help us have a form of reference to go by, especially for users new to the whole selling villagers scene.

Can you use the Amiibo cards to get villagers to move into a New Horizons town? I’m not even sure how to use the amiibo currently.

Yes you can. They visit your campsite and I believe you need to craft them 3 things they ask and have an open plot for them to move in.

You should get the option for the Nook Stop after a while. They'll appear in the campsite, however, you can only get them to move to your island, unlike ACNL where someone else could come over and persuade them to come to their town instead. So if you're trading/selling a villager you gotta have them move to your island first, then get them in boxes.

Last edited:

Yes. Once you unlock the campsite and move in the first villager, you'll be able to go to the ABD in Resident Services and see an option to Invite (Amiibo logo) Camper. If you invite them on three days and do their DIY request every day, they'll agree to move in.

I'd totally support this. Tier lists are used by a lot of people, and as the villager trading scene grows one would only become more necessary.

Anyway, here's my (probably incorrect) attempt at tiering the new villagers' popularity:

Tier 1: Raymond, Audie
Tier 2: Sherb, Judy
Tier 3: Dom
Tier 4: Reneigh
Tier 5: Cyd, Megan

Last edited:
I think we should have one especially for the new villagers because some are way more popular than others!

Do they make the cards anymore? Swear I haven’t seem any lol!

Yes, not only for the new villagers, but all villagers. The new renders are done really well and I think there’s a lot of villagers who are cuter now than they were before and might become more popular once there’s in-game screenshots of everyone.

i think so. while amiibo cards did kind of demolish villager values a bit, it would be a nice reference for the new villagers and for those who want to sell/trade/buy villagers

I would still be really interested in seeing this! There’s still definitely more value in certain villagers than others, and not everyone can afford Amiibos either

It would definitely be helpful to help categorize the new villagers relative to villagers with known value, I think!

No, the villager tier list was annoying back in NL. So many inflated prices for popular villagers, so many instantly voided (and hard to find) unpopular villagers, etc.

Back