Do you like to watch AC town tour videos?

rianne

✧・゚ *✧
Bells
Switch
2331-8334-3436
My Melody Easter Egg
Mom's Plush
Sheep Plush
Love Ball
Pikachu Easter Egg
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
After the story of the 87 year old grandma who has played over 3500 hours of ACNL went viral, there was also a video posted by Audrey's grandson, Paul where she gives a town tour. This includes a tour of her house too! c:

Mayor Audie shows us her town, Adams:

This video made me wonder how many people actually like to watch videos of AC tours (not just NL, although I'm sure much of the content available/posted online is for NL town and house tours). I know some people who are more focused on interior design and prefer extensive house tours, while others like themed towns and won't spend as much time in the character houses unless it all ties in together.

One can also gain inspiration and ideas for their own houses and towns through video tours and can be more helpful than photos at times (i.e. showing a room with a lot hung on the walls, custom QR code designs, etc).

However, I do know people that prefer to experience the towns for themselves (for ACNL, there are dream addresses of course) and the ability to explore on their own. I've also had a few guided tours of people's houses and towns which can be enjoyable as well.

I like house and town tours a lot regardless of the means, but I do find myself watching a lot more "personal" video tours when I'm able to. There's just something about a person talking about their town in depth and the different design/style/theme choices which are interesting to me.

Really interested to know thoughts and opinions; feel free to answer the topic title question or discuss the video, etc. :3

Hopefully this is in the proper place to discuss this topic.

Last edited:
This was cute haha. :)
But as far as seeing other peoples' towns, I like to.
I like hearing about why they chose the things that they did, or why they went with a theme.

haha that's super cute! my aunt was like this with ACWW and nintendogs :'D
I wonder why/how her nook store is still at such a low level given the amount of progress she made over the years with her house.

I rarely watch them now but I have watched some dream town videos and lets plays from before the welcome amiibo update. I don't really like watching hacked town videos and there's a lot of focus on those after the update, at least from what I've searched and seen so far.

This video is adorable! <3

I absolutely love town tour videos! Not only do I find them super interesting and inspiring, watching them actually really helps to relax me if I’m feeling stressed out. I especially love Mischa Crossing’s dream town visit series, it’s incredible how much work and time people put into building their towns and it inspires me to do the same with mine!

I don't have the means to make my own town tour video but Crystal from Simply Press Start visited my town Bam! a while back(it's the second town and starts at the 13:59 mark).I like watching any kind of town tour/dream town tour videos.I like to see what other players have come up with and some of the creativity I've seen is pretty amazing.

Last edited:
I used to but I sort of got bored of it. I noticed that the people who do the town tour tend to pick the same dream address themes. And after not seeing anything new I guess I grew out of it.

I enjoy watching people narrate tours of their own town, since they will often give you a lot of extra detail that wouldn't be possible by visiting their dream town. I think dream town tours can be a nice thing as it can give some people's towns more exposure, but I don't really watch them myself. I would rather just visit the address myself, or hear from the person who created it.

I do actually enjoy watching town tours, because it's interesting for me to see other people's towns and also find out what they done with their towns and such. Sometimes, I found some inspiration for my own town while watching these videos.

Last edited:
I like watching town tours. It gives me hope that my town will soon look as nice as those towns.

I enjoy it. It’s nice to see how people make there towns, and see what a really nice built town looks like! It gives me ideas and inspiration. I like to usually find the dream addresses and explore them myself if possible, though

Ahhh I remember watching that video! It made me so happy to see how lovingly she talked about her town ;v;!!! But yes, I sometimes like to watch town tours, but I don't usually go out of my way to watch strangers show off their town, if that makes sense? Like, if someone I'm already subscribed to / know about shares one, I'm all over it, but I don't tend to watch them if they just randomly show up in my recommended feed. Not really sure why that is!

I like to watch Mischacrossing's videos on youtube, where she goes to dream towns she finds, and does a tour of that town.

I think they are very nice to watch, as it can inspire you/let you see what people enjoy in their towns as well.

Back