Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Purple Hybrid Hyacinth
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
I started my ACNL in December of 2014 and played til August 2015. Then I took a huge break, only playing occasionally in the middle.

As a result, I missed quite a few bugs, events, and birthdays. :( This is also my first time seeing Autumn in-game, and this will be my first Halloween in my town!

I'm currently playing the scramble game to try to complete the my museum and resume my hard-to-obtainables quest.

Have you taken long breaks? If so, do you regret it?

I only regret them because I know I'll be coming back to gyroids, weeds, and listening to villagers complain that I was gone (even though it actually does make me feel loved, tbh.)

I don't care about the events much because they're the same every year, so you don't really 'miss' them imo. They aren't changing like events change on forums and games online and such.

I take long breaks quite often until my interest/need for NL comes back. I just set all my games in 'pause' mode so no villagers move out, and take my break. No fuss really.

Sometimes. If I am taking a break, I try not to make it too long, as I will regret missing events and daily activities. At times it just happens, though, with real life getting in the way. I always make up for it by playing a ton when I'm able to again.
Don't feel pressured to complete your museum and other quests quickly - it's all about the journey, and having things to do is ultimately holding your interest.
Enjoy it :) Although I hope you do complete things in the end as it's so rewarding!

I never regret taking breaks. If I begin to play again after a while I am always very happy with my town.

I play several towns, so every game takes breaks, sometimes months apart.
I haven't been very sensible over this game, multiple games have been hard for me to manage, I just love starting new towns & don't like to delete what I already have.
I try not to think about it, I love playing, tootling around my towns, so not overly worried I've not completed a year in any of the towns. It doesn't really matter. I freeze time in the games so I play every ingame day in all the towns.

I don't tend to regret breaks as they happen fairly often for me, but I do get slightly upset if one of my favourite villagers moved out in the meantime.
But regretting breaks kind of defeats the purpose of the game for me. It's supposed to be a slow, no-stress game and you just gotta work with what you have.

Honestly, I don't really regret it when I taking breaks. It also don't bother me if I missed some events or
birthdays from my villagers. The only thing which it's kinda sad is when a villager I like moved out in the
time I didn't play. But after all I just start again at the point where I stopped last time and fix the things
that got messed up.

I'm on a break at the moment. I don't regret breaks, they stop me from getting burnt out on the game. The only downside is possibly losing a villager I like. Events and seasons always come round again, so you're never locked out of anything. I'll probably never even fill my museum or 'complete' a town in that respect, and that's okay with me :)

I don't regret taking breaks. I tend to use the activity log to tt to the last date I played so villagers I like don't move. Then I will usually tt to the right date, unless there is an upcoming event I would like to play first.

Kind of, because my paths fade and once a villager I liked moved out. But I try not to get too attached and it's so easy to start up again so whatever.

somewhat, because I lose motivation. for example I started my second town Nova back in March and took a long break and now can't find myself to be bothered to work on it. landscaping is such a pain :(

I have taken numerous long breaks from playing Animal Crossing New Leaf over the years. Life sometimes simply gets in the way and sometimes I'd rather just play or do something else. I do enjoy the game every time I pick it back up, and I think the breaks are actually beneficial because it helps to keep the game feeling fresh. That said, I never miss the big events if I want to participate in them because I utilize time travel and just go back to the last date and time I played, as I take note of that information every time I save and quit. I always time travel back to the last in-game day I played because if you do that, none of your villagers will move out.

Not really. I time travel all the time, and I still have my items in the locker, plus I don't care much about villagers in NL.

If I take a break, I know the game will still be there for me when I come back. It's simple as that. :)

Honestly, I don't really regret it when I taking breaks. It also don't bother me if I missed some events or
birthdays from my villagers. The only thing which it's kinda sad is when a villager I like moved out in the
time I didn't play. But after all I just start again at the point where I stopped last time and fix the things
that got messed up.

You can stop villagers from moving out when you take breaks, you just kind of have to plan to take a break.
If you deny a villager moving out, you can safely save and quit then and nobody will move out when you're gone. I always do this myself and it works without fail.
I just think "I'm tired of NL for a while, I'll take a break soon" and play until someone requests to move. I say no, save/quit, and I'm safe.

I used to play catch up by turning my system clock to each consecutive day I didn't play, but that became a hassle... especially when I fell months behind. I'm glad to hear that a lot of forum members don't stress about the game! I'm definitely trying to be stress-free about it now that I have another town.

Sometimes I do. But I recently learned it's not the end of the world. I'm going to resume playing this week and hopefully get Cheri and between that, Harvest Festival, and Toy Day I'll be busy.

I've taken a super long break, about a year, i think i've only played to do the forum events here and that's about it. So if/when i get back into regular play i will have to figure that out., right now i miss the relaxation a bit, but i've experienced all the events and a lot of things in the game so i haven't really regretted it so far...,

I play a lot towns and sometimes it's too much. I don't regret freezing my other towns and just playing my main town.
I can still visit those towns thru the dream suite or by starting the town up on the frozen date. Play for a short period of time and than close it for awhile.

I've actually been taking an extremely long break from New Leaf. It started with a few things feeling like a chore instead of fun (Cleaning up my item/mail mess, stopping villagers from moving, etc.) but when the update arrived, I still couldn't get myself to go back for some reason. It sounds fun and I did hear about the secret storage thing but my mood to play is just gone. I've been playing Happy Home Designer sometimes and find it more relaxing due to not worrying about space (Unless I hit the furniture limit) or villagers leaving. I do not even know how long it's been since I played New Leaf anymore. The last 3DS I played it on needs a new battery, so I cannot check the activity log. I kinda feel bad that I still keep the game card in my case of "somewhat actively playing" games. This means it goes with me whenever I leave the house and I'm still not playing it. When I finally go back to game, I will definitely regret how much work I need to do. Not sure if it will be the break or just going back to the game that will be my big regret.

Back