• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Do you collect the animal crossing amiibo cards?

What stage of collecting are you?

• Complete

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Still trying to complete it

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • Just got my faves

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • I don't collect the cards

Votes: 15 28.3%

• Total voters
I only own the WA cards and a few random series cards. I splurged and bought the whole set on eBay. The only reason why I have all the WA cards is because at one point my 3ds wouldn?t connect to WiFi anymore and I thought my trading days were over. I figured I?d need to obtain the cards in order to have access to the new items that came with the update without trading. Thankfully, I got my 3ds to work again (somewhat) but it?s nice to have instant access to the items lol. Other than my favourite villager Dizzy, I don?t mind obtaining other villagers through natural means. I don?t plan on buying anymore cards in the future, although I may buy the amiibo figurines if I happen to come across them at a game shop. Since I display those it kinda annoys me that the set is incomplete haha.

i don't collect the cards because i can't find them anywhere :( i could find them online, but i'm underage and it would take a lot, and i mean a LOT of begging for my parents to let me buy even a pack. i've had ACNL ever since it came out but i never once thought that i'd actually need (or actually want) amiibo cards. not getting into amiibo cards the minute they came out is possibly the biggest regret i have :(

I only have 11 cards. I cant find them anymore.
just bought amiibo festival recently.

I always tried to but I NEVER see them being sold ANYWHERE in Australia. And online the prices are so inflated ahhh. I feel like it's a waste of time and money for me considering I already have all my favourite villagers, and I have a few amiibo figures which is enough for me haha

I have my second town, ACNLpics, because of the 50 Welcome amiibo!, the 6 Sanrio cards, and all the special characters? cards (which do get repeated to some extent). I have my second town, ACNLpics, without any of the 333 regular villagers? cards. (ACNLpics was was created during the second half of 2014 and opened for Dream Address tours in 2015. See my signature.)

Gosh darn it, I used my amiibo card reader for the first time in ages and now I guess I'm back on amazon shopping for more cards.

I don't collect them but I used to! I mean, kinda.
When they first got introduced with Happy Home Designer I jumped on them and the little collector album thing!
Later I bought some more cards from season... 3 if I remember correctly.
But I stopped here.
I got some interesting ones though. Might resell them for quite the sum. Like Diana, Skye and Marina.

i've just started to collect them! i'm a little late jumping on the bandwagon, but that's okay! i might open a shop in the future and sell villagers to people! i've gotten a few interesting animals so far! i hope to one day complete my little collection!

I used to some years ago when they could still be collected, I do have all the Sanrio cards, and some WA/regular series ones. I kinda want to splurge on a complete set of regular/WA someday though and give away the extras or stuff though.

Pretty sure you have to buy them second hand online now though

I made it my goal to own the cards/figures of the villagers in my two towns and stopped buying afterwards. I was super into the random packs for awhile though so I have a bunch of others as well.

i only get my favourites, though i might start a collection when i get the time...

ii dont collect the cards but ii want to!! arent they expensive though? or arent they blind bags and you get like mulitples? ive seen ppl sell them like ebay, ii thought of just buying like that, bht im not sure lol

I only have the Sanrio cards and a couple of series 3 villagers. I'd like to collect them but they're too difficult to get hands on nowadays ;;

I don't collect the cards, but I have a few random ones from opening packs. I'd love to get a few of my favourites, but buying the cards individually on eBay is so expensive, and I have a little too much social anxiety to use the trading system.

It?s hard to find more amiibo cards nowadays. I still have a few dream villagers I don?t have their card to, but it?s enough that I know what to do with.

hmm i don't have any cards cause i started playing acnl last month. i recently looked up the cards and it looks like they aren't selling them anywhere besides like ebay and etsy D:
i'd totally get ones of my dreamies but they're expensive (especially the shipping) so maybe when i'm not struggling with student loans xD

I have all of them, series 1-4, WA and Sanrio. I can?t believe how expensive the Sanrio cards are, super glad I bought them when they first came out.

Back