• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Do you care about the MET Gala?

Hat'

Bells
Switch
8218-3537-3016
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Shooting Star Plush
Planet Glow Wand
Shooting Star Plush
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Love Ball
Enchanted Butterfly Glow Wand
Enchanted Bloom
Aurora Sky
Sweet Feather
I know I do, I like to see the best looks especially because there's definitely a fair share of basic if not just ugly looks out there.
It's a cool thing to watch and I like to see some amazing garments under the same theme each year.
Men need to step up their games though because the amount of black suits worn each year to this event is infuriating at this point.

I only do because I LOVE the idea of this year's theme (Gilded Glamour, so late 1800s-early 1900s). However, a lot of people were not on theme. More Glamour than the Gilded side of it.... But I'm here for it. There might be some more on-theme outfits...there's so much potential with parasols, fans, big hats, bustles, etc.

I liked when South Park had the pajama day episode segment have it become the met gala.

I never knew what this was either and I'm surprised I didn't, considering it's held in NYC. LMAO!

No, I don't care for ridiculous fashion and people "interpret" themes in weird ways.

i highkey forgot what the MET Gala even is lol, had to read a few comments here to remember it's some fashion show I've literally never cared for 😆

i don't particularly care about it but it's sometimes fun seeing some of the designs however from what i've seen from this year it's all very boring

No, I don't even think I heard of this event until this thread, lmao. I have zero interest in fashion shows, so, yeah.

i like seeing it. i'm into fashion and how it relates to art and the creativity some artists have when it comes to the MET gala is amazing. 2018's gala comes to mind when i imagine it because of how iconic a lot of the looks were and how highly conceptual some of the pieces were. chadwick boseman and rihanna still have some of my fave looks ever from the history of the gala.

this year, though, has been absolute garbage when it comes to what was worn. kim k wearing a very iconic piece relating to monroe and wearing a plastic heel and the most basic hair ever is a disappointment and nearly insulting to the significance of monroe's fashion. lizzo had an amazing piece

at the end of the day, it is just rich people dressing up, so there's nothing to really be upset over. but i like seeing it.

Yes! As an amateur fashion fan, i love seeing the looks. I love the concepts designers come up with. A lot of the looks are just works of art for me. The craftsmanship that goes into design is so mind blowing to me. I love how it’s a themed event and I love that you can see peoples takes on the theme. I did have a few favorites! Amber Valletta’s vintage Azzaro was so gatsby, i loved it. Olivia Rodrigo’s dress was stunning she looked like everything omg. I don’t remember the designer, but I think it was Versace. I loved it. Cara Delevigne in the Dior Haute Couture gave me life. The heels, the cane, the paint omg it was everything. Cardi B looked like a goddess. Sza looked ICONIC. The Atelier Versace dress Blake Lively was probably one of the best looks of the night for me. Meg Thee Stallion was unbelievably gorgeous is in the Moschino, i feel like they took Gilded and she embodied it perfectly. Regé-Jean Page’s blue velvet suit was an amazing look for him. He looked sooooo fine! I could go on and on about so many looks! I think this year was one of the best years for looks in a long time!

I liked looking at the pictures of everyone's outfits afterwards but no one stuck to the theme so I was disappointed.

no not really but i like to see what celebrities wear. i watched the 2021 met gala and the one last night just because billie eilish was there.

No, I had better things to do than watch the Hunger Games Gala.

I don't really follow any celebrities, so not really. Sometimes the themes will sound interesting, and I like pretty clothes as much as the next person, but from what I keep hearing it seems rare that the attendees will really stick to the given theme. A lot of the outfits I see look like fairly standard "formal celebrity event" attire, and I'm not generally interested in that style.

not really tbh. i’ve never cared much about award shows or events like the MET gala, to the point that i usually don’t even know they’ve happened until the next day lmao. i do like to read about them and the highlights/drama that occurred, though, and MET gala outfits are usually pretty fun to look at. i wasn’t impressed with any of the ones from this year except for blake lively’s — her dress was absolutely stunning. 😍

BCF8880D-1F64-468F-AC74-B5198FF5870F.jpeg

Some of the outfits are pretty or very creative, which can be interesting to see. But I have a negative interest in celebrity culture, and I don’t really even know anything about the event beyond some picture that make it onto tumblr or something like that.

But I mean, rich people want to dress up in fancy costumes, it’s a fairly harmless activity for them.

If people want to enjoy the resulting fashion that’s not anything I am going to judge.

Back