Disturbing moments in childern shows/movies? [Come at your own risk]

That episode of Rugrats where Angelica had a nightmare about having a little brother...

Vlcsnap-2013-01-20-03h19m47s64.png

Terrifying ;___;

Rugrats had some very wacky Nightmare Fuel moments. By any chance, have you played the game Rugrats: Search for Reptar? it's a surprisingly good game for the PS1... and it has some surprisingly horrifying levels, too.

This scene from Hey! Arnold still freaks me out.

Rugrats had some very wacky Nightmare Fuel moments. By any chance, have you played the game Rugrats: Search for Reptar? it's a surprisingly good game for the PS1... and it has some surprisingly horrifying levels, too.

This scene from Hey! Arnold still freaks me out.

Totally agree with that Hey Arnold! clip and with the Courage: The Cowardly Dog and Ren and Skimpy examples others have mentioned. Invader Zim also grossed me out as a kid, especially the episode where he eats the organs. :(
Also not a kid's show example, but the scene in Aladdin where Jasmine kisses Jafar also grossed me out as a kid (still does actually).

The entirety of the show Boohbah was terrifying to me.

Also its hard NOT to mention the final episode of tom and jerry... Blue cat blues....

I FELT DEPRESSED AFTER THAT

I agree, it was so depressing!!

another series that ended on a similar note was Dinosaurs... I never watched it as a child, but I saw the ending on youtube a while back and wtf it basically implied
that the ice age was coming and all the characters (who were dinosaurs) were facing imminent death

I found pretty much a large part of shows like Rocko's Modern Life and Ren and Stimpy to be incredibly disturbing, especially with the way characters would freak out and lose their eyes or other super gross things.

And I wouldn't call this disturbing, necessarily, but Animaniacs got away with so much innuendo that kids back then didn't understand. I found that incredibly amusing when I watched the same clips later in life and then realized all of the stuff they had hidden in that dialogue.

I found pretty much a large part of shows like Rocko's Modern Life and Ren and Stimpy to be incredibly disturbing, especially with the way characters would freak out and lose their eyes or other super gross things.

And I wouldn't call this disturbing, necessarily, but Animaniacs got away with so much innuendo that kids back then didn't understand. I found that incredibly amusing when I watched the same clips later in life and then realized all of the stuff they had hidden in that dialogue.

I second Ren and Stimpy...I found it so gross and weird. There was this one episode where one of them had like, a hairball collection or something, and the other one ate it? No. Just no.

ooomg the spongebob toenail one was gross. i remember the mermaid from flapjack, that was messed up.

Back