Have you ever had the chicken pox?

• Yes

Votes: 23 41.1%
  • No

Votes: 26 46.4%
  • Not sure

Votes: 7 12.5%

• Total voters
I'm not sure. I think I had it as a child so I think I might have been vaccinated.

I did have chicken pox as a child. I don't remember the discomfort of going through it, though I do remember calamine lotion. Don't love that the virus stays dormant in your body and can return in adulthood in the form of shingles; a friend of mine recently had shingles and it was reportedly miserable.

I never got chicken pox, although one of my brothers did. I definitely grew up in that time when people had "chicken pox parties" and all that, but I ended up getting the vaccine when I turned 16.

I agree with Renn & please get vaccinated, shingles is no joke!
There's also a shingles vaccine (Shingrix) that adults can get and I highly recommend. You can and should get it even if you had chicken pox or if you already had the varicella vaccine!

I remember wanting to get the varicella vaccine as a teen because apparently if you get chicken pox while you're pregnant it's also no good.
I'd much rather get a brief shot in the arm than live through weeks of itchy h*ll or worse, the burning shooting nerve pain that comes with shingles!

I got it when I was 6 years old. While my brother was in bed with fever, I was outside in the snow in my pajama too happy not having to go to school.

No vaccine in the UK so almost everyone has had it.

I had it in the mid-90s. Awful case - it was in my ears, mouth, on my scalp, etc. I couldn't stand the constant itching.

I'm not sure. I definitely got vaccinated against everything, but I think I have a very blurry memory of having chicken pox?

my mom swore i did when i was a baby but both of my sisters said no, never
so i don't think i ever had chicken pox, i have the vaccines tho

I’ve never had chicken pox, nor have I ever met anyone who’s had it, either. My dad might’ve had it when he was a kid, but he doesn’t 100% remember.

I was vaccinated against it as soon as I could be, and I’ve stayed up to date on all of my vaccinations, so hopefully I’ll never have to deal with chicken pox (or any other similar contagious diseases). 🤞🏻

Yes we all got Chicken Pox as children. There were no vaccines than.
Later as an Adult I had a mild case of Shingles and it was painful. It was just a small area near my ribs. Got the Shingles Vaccine in my 50s.

I've had it, I have a scar under my chest from it from picking at it when I was little. I honestly get shocked too when I hear someone say the've never had it, that's kind of bad! If you get it as an adult, it can be fatal if you didn't have it as a kid. At least, that's my understanding of it.

I dunno, honestly. I know some of us (me & my siblings) got it, and a couple didn't. But I don't think my mom remembers which if us had it and which didn't.

But we sure were all exposed to it, repeatedly. I'm from the chicken pox party generation. If a kid had chicken pox, all the other moms brought the kids together. It was supposed to be better to have it as a child, and no vaccine existed for it. But hey, we got smallpox vaccines!

I had chicken pox in primary school! I was never vaccinated against it because it was introduced into the childhood immunisation program for my area after I had already been exposed, and I wasn't within the right age limit for vaccination when it was introduced.

I had it as a kid, it wasn't too bad of an experience for me from what I remember but I am aware of the possibility of shingles so that part sucks. I'm actually happy how many people in here haven't had it! Thanks modern medicine 💉

Yes, I got chicken pox when I was 14-15 and it was the sickest I've ever been! I was off school for 3 weeks with it. I had sores everywhere; in my mouth and down my throat which made it painful to eat anything. Lost about 5kgs because I couldn't or didn't want to eat. I've still got scarring from it, however it has faded a lot over the years.

I don't think I ever got the vaccine for it. Not sure if it's part of the routine vaccines when you're very young here. I did however get the measles vaccine after I had chicken pox...worst mistake of my life lol. Should've gotten it when I was 11 like I was supposed to but I was too scared of needles 🥲

• Hug
Reactions: Doo
Yes, I had chicken pox when I was 6, I believe. It's honestly hard for me to recall how the experience was these days, I just remember being very itchy, lol.

Twice.
The 90s were different timeson many levels. Plus I was around my cousins who were all around the same age all the time.

No, I was vaccinated as a kid (at least partially?) and have been vaccinated again as an adult. I'm in a medical field and had to get proof of vaccines for my clinicals, but couldn't find proof of both steps of chickenpox. I had to then do a titer, which showed I didn't have immunity, so I got the series again last year. I should be super protected now, haha.

Back