Decorating beaches

Bizhiins

smol bean
Bells
I have a (mostly) fully decorated and terraformed island with a gothic forest theme. I’m having a hard time figuring out how to decorate the beaches in a cohesive manner that doesn’t look completely different than the rest of the island.
Can you all share some ideas/pictures of ways you have decorated your beaches?
I’ve looked at a few videos on YouTube and visited some dream towns, but most of them are a pretty colorful theme with palm trees, or have a ton of random shop items that are really jam-packed and more of a city theme. I’m going for a more natural beach look to go with the foresty theme on the island (but no palm tree. I really don’t want those haha)
Here’s a few items I’ve included already:
Bistro table in black, with black peacock chair
Black inflatable swan tube
Black poolside chair
Iron table and chairs in black
Tall garden rock
Pool stone
Decayed tree
Creepy skeleton (mossy)
I love all of these items but they’re kind of randomly strewn about without any sort of organized pattern and it doesn’t look good. Kind of needing some ideas and guidance!

Random thoughts I had:
Simple and Elegant furniture has some great customisation options for fabric if you want to make a seating area or two on the beach.
Using bug models that are big and/or black would fit your theme, maybe a small model area or statue area would work with black iron benches?
I think everyone runs out of ideas for how to decorate the beach pretty quickly, so even if you don`t decorate too much of it your island will still be great. If extending your theme to your beaches is very important, consider just adding a bunch of flowers in black or purple to the beach, maybe some wheat field in the right color for a natural beach area would work as well. And any item that you`ve probably used on your island already, pumpkin furniture and so on. :)

Good luck with your beaches! (I honestly properly decorated about half of them on my completed island, just adding some random flowers and stuff for the rest of it, so I know the challenge). ^^

I have flower and veggie sprouts (various stages) growing on my beach. Cool thing that they don't mature any further when planted on the beach. I don't know if you can use this for what you're doing, but that's what I've got going on! I also have a picnic area with a life guard chair nearby, but I'm 99% sure that this doesn't fit your vision.
I also have some rock sculptures (big head and easter island big head), ancient statues and amber on the rock ends on each side.

Right now on both of my Islands, my beaches are where my villagers live while I terraform the mainland.

I hope on Shin Jidai to make my beaches an area to relax and already have the setup for a little cafe by the lighthouse I placed on the peninsula.

On Fandesu I am going to have a cafe, and one of my Human characters on the beach.

Soo not much help from me unfortunately.

Random thoughts I had:
Simple and Elegant furniture has some great customisation options for fabric if you want to make a seating area or two on the beach.
Using bug models that are big and/or black would fit your theme, maybe a small model area or statue area would work with black iron benches?
I think everyone runs out of ideas for how to decorate the beach pretty quickly, so even if you don`t decorate too much of it your island will still be great. If extending your theme to your beaches is very important, consider just adding a bunch of flowers in black or purple to the beach, maybe some wheat field in the right color for a natural beach area would work as well. And any item that you`ve probably used on your island already, pumpkin furniture and so on. :)

Good luck with your beaches! (I honestly properly decorated about half of them on my completed island, just adding some random flowers and stuff for the rest of it, so I know the challenge). ^^

It’s funny you said that because I did end up using some of the pumpkin furniture to fill in some space!
At least not everyone totally decorates them… I mean they could be left natural, but it goes from a fully decorated island to a bare beach. I guess it’s not a huge problem, but I want it to be cohesive. Plus the beaches are weird colors (tan) and shapes so it’s kinda hard to work around, specially with certain colors.
I’ll definitely try some of the elegant furniture too in the way it looks best. 🙂
Post automatically merged:

I have flower and veggie sprouts (various stages) growing on my beach. Cool thing that they don't mature any further when planted on the beach. I don't know if you can use this for what you're doing, but that's what I've got going on! I also have a picnic area with a life guard chair nearby, but I'm 99% sure that this doesn't fit your vision.
I also have some rock sculptures (big head and easter island big head), ancient statues and amber on the rock ends on each side.

I like the idea of lots of flowers and flower sprouts. The flower sprouts are actually really pretty in this game. I was considering some of the sculptures too.
Did you put any paths? Or is everything just kinda randomly placed?
Post automatically merged:

Right now on both of my Islands, my beaches are where my villagers live while I terraform the mainland.

I hope on Shin Jidai to make my beaches an area to relax and already have the setup for a little cafe by the lighthouse I placed on the peninsula.

On Fandesu I am going to have a cafe, and one of my Human characters on the beach.

Soo not much help from me unfortunately.

I saw that on several other dream towns that people had their villagers living on beaches, and some of their shops and museum too. I think it’s nice that the game included that as an option. I didn’t do that, but it’s a nice space saver.

Meh I don't really care for beaches on my island too well. All I did was just plant palm trees, put Sandcastles, and Beach Chairs. Nothing really much to say.

I like the idea of lots of flowers and flower sprouts. The flower sprouts are actually really pretty in this game. I was considering some of the sculptures too.
Did you put any paths? Or is everything just kinda randomly placed?
No paths, I just wanted some growth on the beach. I would like to redo it, because it actually is too messy at the moment, even though I have tidied up a little recently. It's the classic thing. Going all out early in the game when you haven't unlocked everything, using the things you have and just building on and on and on, as you unlock more. My whole island is suffering from that. At least I got my house somewhat in order.

In my country beaches are often split into little sections with wooden poles called wave breakers, I copied this on my island with rows of log stakes :)

Back