• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Day 505 - Just a Normal Day

behth

Beth from Storrs
Bells
Classic Easter Egg
Hello everybody and welcome back to Life in Storrs. Today wasn't too awfully eventful, but I'll probably make it a long post anyway. :rolleyes:

First and foremost, I grabbed my mail and went inside to change my outfit for the day. I had return letters from Chief, Buck, and Whitney who all seemed to appreciate the letters I sent to them yesterday. Good thing they're not mad at me for being a lame friend lately. :)

Outside, Colton was the first of my villagers that I found. He wanted a fruit and I took him a durian, for which I was thanked with a Hanten Shirt. I came across a tent in the campsite and went inside to find Curly the pig hanging out in Storrs today.

View attachment 236155

He was pretty cool. We played a game for his Alpine Sofa and I ended up paying 1,707 bells, which I supposed wasn't all that bad.

Fang pinged me on the brick bridge and told me he wanted to move, but I quickly put a stop to his plans. Felicity was nearby and wanted to play hide-and-seek. I'm always down for a good game, so I had her go ahead and round up Buck and Fang, and I set off to find them. I don't always like playing hide-and-seek in the middle of my patrol, though...I feel like it spoils the half of town I haven't searched over yet! This time it did, for I noticed a wandering Phineas while I was running around looking for my friends. I found them quickly, though, and was rewarded with a Slate Flooring for winning the game.

View attachment 236156

After we dispersed, I talked to Buck. He had a package addressed to Felicity and asked me to take it to her, even though she was right there. I agreed and made the delivery in no time. It was a Backyard Lawn that she was excited to get, and I admitted that it would look very good in her house despite the fact that she'll never really use it. She thanked me with an Exotic Rug, which made Buck realize how easy (and worthwhile) the job could have been for him.

View attachment 236157

I then resumed my patrol of the town where I left off and quickly came across Phineas. I had no idea what I could have done to deserve a new badge, so I asked him what he had for me today.

View attachment 236158

Oh! Well I hadn't thought I'd plucked that many weeds, though I suppose after 500+ days, it's about time I unlocked the first Weed Hunter badge. x) Good thing too, since my Beautiful Town Ordinance went back into effect today!

After that conversation, Lily came over and I was happy to talk to her. She wanted my Green Wall Clock, that I was only carrying specifically to have refurbished later. I hated to turn down my new neighbor's first request, but it was mine. Why do they always single out the items that you fully intend to keep? :p She couldn't have been too upset with me, though, because precisely after that she gave me a Chevron Shirt, just because. What a little sweetie.

I came across Deirdre's house next and she was home, so I stopped in to see what she was up to. She wanted me to bring Fang to her next time I saw him, and I assured her that I would make sure to do so. I found him shortly after and had him follow me to Deirdre's house. He was hoping he wouldn't have to make a scene.

View attachment 236159

She thought that since Fang (apparently) loves popcorn so much, he would surely know something about it. But he did not, in fact, know anything about it, but was very interested in such a proposition and said he would ask around and let her know anything that he finds out. I'd definitely be on board for a popcorn festival! Deirdre gave me a Modern Desk for my troubles and I carried on with the last of my patrol.

A bit later, I stopped by the Town Hall and commissioned a new Zen Garden a little way's over from where ours is now, and made sure to put in a demolition for the current Zen Garden before I paid the other one off so Isabelle couldn't say she's too busy. That being done, I went to the bank and withdrew just enough to pay off the Zen Garden, and I'm excited to see how it looks tomorrow!

And tonight, I made sure to take Cyrus another piece of furniture to fix up, and on the way, Whitney pinged me and wanted to have it. Again! Why are my villagers so ravenous? I turned her down, but she was persistent.

View attachment 236160

I said no, again, and she was upset...I'll have to make it up to her somehow. ):

Lastly, I have one more development to report! Remember how I commissioned a face cutout standee along the path to the Queen's Castle and wanted a Tweedledee/dum design, but couldn't find one? Well, I had the lovely Kendai to conjure up another design for me and she did another fabulous job!

View attachment 236161

I plan on giving a proper tour of this whole area of town eventually, leading up the the eventual unveiling of the Red Queen's Castle, but here's a little appetizer for now. I promise I'm doing my best to finish the castle! Just a lot of furniture is proving hard to get, haha.

Anyhow, that's all for me today. Until next time, folks. Thanks for reading. :D

Attachments

• HNI_0009.JPG
    HNI_0009.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 20
  • HNI_0016.JPG
    HNI_0016.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 18
  • HNI_0021.JPG
    HNI_0021.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 18
  • HNI_0022.JPG