Mafia Critique Thread

i apologize then, that was my impression, since it kept getting brought up in the thread. but regardless i think everyone needs a reminder to not get too emotionally heated over mafia, it's just a game, and i could see some people were getting very emotional over the pronoun usage. its just better if we left politics out of mafia, yeah?

yes i agree with you

Look I don't want to start anything either, but Tae reminded you FOUR - FIVE times what his proper pronouns were and iirc you said you weren't going to use them until Crys got upset too. I just looked back in the thread and saw it.

You should only need to be reminded once of someone's pronouns and then use them. I misgendered Justice like 3 years ago by accident and was corrected. It was embarrassing, but I didn't do it again because it's something that's important to them. It's not something you're going to be crucified over, just apologise and use the right ones. People are pretty understanding if you simply say "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know. I'll use the right ones from now on." Simple, done. No drama.

Last edited:
Could this maybe be reasoning for adding pronouns in the OP...? Sorry, don't really want to go off topic, or rather, continue with this one but I think if the game's OP had the users pronoun next to their name it would eliminate the misuse of them.
Then again I see this just being pointless for some people, so meh. idk. my 2 cents I guess. x_x

edit: and not just at your game specifically, justice. any mafia game.

Last edited:
Could this maybe be reasoning for adding pronouns in the OP...? Sorry, don't really want to go off topic, or rather, continue with this one but I think if the game's OP had the users pronoun next to their name it would eliminate the misuse of them.
Then again I see this just being pointless for some people, so meh. idk. my 2 cents I guess. x_x

i mean, there are probably only a few users who this misgendering applies to, so i could probably add it on request if anyone is personally bothered by it.

i mean, there are probably only a few users who this misgendering applies to, so i could probably add it on request if anyone is personally bothered by it.

it actually applies to me quite frequently but i don't see it as relevant. i understand other people do, but i was just trying to play a game

@justice, you don't need to add it, i can see and appreciate the gesture/ thought of it though.

i'm sorry if i added a few too many comments about it in the current game, it's just bothersome when people use personal attack tactics to rile up someone in the game. once or twice is an accident but 3+ times is intentional. i love mafia and it's new concepts it's brought me to look at and i really hope to one day be good at this game instead of a flaming **** show across the board, but i definitely wouldn't allow your thread to be locked over something like this, not when i enjoy the game this much.

thanks you, for standing up and i know you're not trying to take sides but i honestly really appreciate the gesture you and minties have expressed. really, thank you.

If you aren't sure of someone's gender, you just just ask or use they. Not really blaming anyone here, but I don't want these games to start becoming a SJW fight. Just talk about it outside the thread if you really need to talk about it.

See this is why we need a gender option on the side bar.

maybe just color code the names in the OP ? just an idea. i know its not necessary, i actually agree with Daniel just ask or use 'they/them' if you're unsure.

1. Panda
2. Cory
3. Minties
4. Sarasakat
5. Call Me Daniel

- - - Post Merge - - -

Anyways i don't wanna kill Sarasakat's Critique thread so.... if anyone has any advice for my gameplay i would greatly appreciate it, i know I've only ever been town so thats all you have to work with sorry but please and thanks.

Last edited:
so i was reading through some old mafia games, and even though players can get tough and aggressive i find the current game to be full of completely rude, thoughtless comments. i think its important for each person to enter the game with a strong head and remember to not take comments personally, but i also think its important for others to not take into account how things are worded and said. you shouldn't harass players and be outright mean. and it shouldn't come down to personal attacks. im pretty sure you can bring up personal meta or come up with critique and also bring into account a person's feelings and how they might react. like there should be some distance on both sides in a sense. i don't know. i like being questioned in pressured in general. everybody wants to do their best and be challenged. nobody wants to be insulted and/or mocked.

- - - Post Merge - - -

you thought someone with the name Daniel was female ? ha

sure, that's cool. the equivalent of saying someone with a pink/pastel avatar must be a girl.

Last edited:
oh, i thought call me daniel was female

Call Me Daniela is my favorite TBT Member.

But yeah some of the original games could get pretty nasty, which is why for the most part people are a little more... Lax? I mean some of the fights now I haven't really noticed to be that emotionally charged as Minties coming at you like a doomsday meteor.

maybe just color code the names in the OP ? just an idea. i know its not necessary, i actually agree with Daniel just ask or use 'they/them' if you're unsure.

1. Panda
2. Cory
3. Minties
4. Sarasakat
5. Call Me Daniel

- - - Post Merge - - -

Anyways i don't wanna kill Sarasakat's Critique thread so.... if anyone has any advice for my gameplay i would greatly appreciate it, i know I've only ever been town so thats all you have to work with sorry but please and thanks.

Nah that messes up the role colour coding that you do in the player list. I just think it's not a big deal and this will blow over. People are aware now so yeah.

Call Me Daniela is my favorite TBT Member.

But yeah some of the original games could get pretty nasty, which is why for the most part people are a little more... Lax? I mean some of the fights now I haven't really noticed to be that emotionally charged as Minties coming at you like a doomsday meteor.

I'm not really emotional most of the time actually. I just have very little tolerance for stupidity/bad logic so I just say stuff pretty bluntly like this post is garbage lol. I don't like how now if you have an in game argument with a player that everyone suddenly dog piles on you and cries that you're a big meanie, which is why I prefer the old game style where it was cut-throat, fast-paced, and fun. I feel like I'm falling out of love with TBT mafia because of the shift in coddling.

Last edited:
Sighs

Oh well, i'm glad I wasn't D1 killed in tarot. :(

Either way, i'll go ahead and count this as a "goodbye" post.

Nah that messes up the role colour coding that you do in the player list. I just think it's not a big deal and this will blow over. People are aware now so yeah.

I'm not really emotional most of the time actually. I just have very little tolerance for stupidity/bad logic so I just say stuff pretty bluntly like this post is garbage lol. I don't like how now if you have an in game argument with a player that everyone suddenly dog piles on you and cries that you're a big meanie, which is why I prefer the old game style where it was cut-throat, fast-paced, and fun. I feel like I'm falling out of love with TBT mafia because of the shift in coddling.

so who was dog piled on now? try to stop making assumptions here *soley based on your previous learning experiences lol

*edit

Last edited:
so i was reading through some old mafia games, and even though players can get tough and aggressive i find the current game to be full of completely rude, thoughtless comments. i think its important for each person to enter the game with a strong head and remember to not take comments personally, but i also think its important for others to not take into account how things are worded and said. you shouldn't harass players and be outright mean. and it shouldn't come down to personal attacks. im pretty sure you can bring up personal meta or come up with critique and also bring into account a person's feelings and how they might react. like there should be some distance on both sides in a sense. i don't know. i like being questioned in pressured in general. everybody wants to do their best and be challenged. nobody wants to be insulted and/or mocked.

Nah, I think you're just over reacting. But its fine, after about 10 games of being incredibly emotional, i've toned down from this level just a tiny bit, since i'm usually emotional in this like you, my fine chum.

Back