• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Considering making a food themed village

sigh

gulliver stan.
Bells
Vesta
Tortimer
Lucky
Ruby
Coco
Isabelle
Leif
Mint
Lobo
Pavé
I'd been thinking about doing so for awhile, even before i started my cycling town. maybe once i erase the cycling town for good - not yet but hopefully sooner rather than later - i could finally make one. i've been contemplating what villagers would fit the best while trying to include each personality type, and so far i have:

• merengue ; normal - strawberry shortcake
    [*]tia ; normal - tea pot
    [*]frita ; uchi - burger & fries
    [*]chadder ; smug - cheese
    [*]marshal ; smug - marshmallow and i can't be convinced otherwise,, he'll always get a spot in my towns
    [*]zucker ; lazy - my takoyaki son

and i felt like chai would've been a great addition as she has tea on her head + would pair well with tia, but i don't have her amiibo card and won't be getting it any time soon. so i'm stuck when it comes to the rest, but i've been considering:

• ketchup ; peppy - tomato
    [*]tangy ; peppy - tangerine/orange
    [*]sprinkle ; peppy - idk she's kinda like ice cream, or a frappe? she's super cute ok
    [*]bonbon ; peppy - i read that she's a reference to candy and/or chocolate and she's one of my favorites
    [*]bluebear ; peppy - no actual food resemblance but she could maybe pass as a blueberry?
    [*]apple ; peppy - looks like an apple, but i'm not really a fan of her
    [*]bree ; snooty - based off of brie cheese, but i don't think i'd pick her regardless. chadder is The Cheese anyway
    [*]pecan ; snooty - named after food
    [*]mint ; snooty - named after the plant/peppermint
    [*]whitney ; snooty - no relevance to food but i just like her as a villager tbh
    [*]vivian ; snooty - same as whitney
    [*]lyman ; jock - has a pineapple nose, and while i'm not necessarily a fan of him i think that's adorable and it could definitely earn him a permanent plot in the town
    [*]rudy ; jock - no relevance to food but he's one of the handful of jocks i actually like
    [*]scoot ; jock - same ^
    [*]genji ; jock - double same ^
    [*]kid cat ; jock - triple same ^
    [*]bam ; jock - quadroople same ^. although like bluebear, he could maybe pass as a blueberry? that's a reach i know
    [*]octavian ; cranky - while he doesn't actually look like or reference food at all - he's an octopus, and people eat them. i also love him as a villager so
    [*]wart jr. ; cranky - don't like him too much, but he does look like a burger bun lmao
    [*]fang ; cranky - my favorite cranky wolf but unfortunately he wouldn't fit the theme like some of the others i've listed

i know that i also don't need to have every personality type in a town and i could always choose multiple of the peppys, but i like to because of the PWPs and it feels more balanced? if that makes sense? i'm not sure who to pick. any suggestions? opinions?

What about Rasher or Spork? Spork is lazy which you already have, but Rasher is cranky. He does look like he's been through the wars though lol.

S12BA3v.jpg

AAtbzwQ.jpg
Pekoe(normal) is named after a kind of tea and Jitters(jock) has kind of a Brazil/coffee thing going on(at least he looks like he drank 37 cups of coffee).Limberg's(cranky) name is taken from a kind of cheese.Here's a list of other food related villagers:

Benedict(lazy)
Angus(cranky)
T-bone(cranky)
Anchovy(lazy)
Biskit(lazy)
Broccolo(lazy)
Cherry(uchi)
Chevre(normal)
Chops(smug)
Peaches(normal)
Peanut(peppy)

What about Rasher or Spork? Spork is lazy which you already have, but Rasher is cranky. He does look like he's been through the wars though lol.

yeaah i think zucker fits perfectly as the food town's lazy, and i actually considered rasher but i think his face looks a little too intimidating ( in a cool way tho, like i'd definitely include him in a pirate or viking type town ), and i'm not quite sure what food he would represent aside from being a pig + bacon, even if his color reminds me more of a beet haha

- - - Post Merge - - -

ah i actually really like pekoe as a villager, it was between her and june for the main town i have right now and i ended up going with june. but i never knew she was named after a kind of tea, that's pretty cool. and jitters reminds me of me honestly LOL, i drink way too much coffee.

i forgot about peanut and angus would work too - i should probably add him to my list, and i have considered cherry for an uchi for her name + color but i figured frita already fits the role quite well. hmm idk yet. thanks for the suggestions!!

You should really add Ketchup to your town. I love her to bits but I never see anyone using her. I'd also highly, highly recommend Octavian, but I'm a little biased since he's my favorite AC villager overall.

Tangy, of course!

Or Ketchup as your peppy.

Also Coco kinda looks like a coconut.

both tangy & ketchup would fit well, it's such a hard choice!! and i love coco, i currently have her as a villager in kaysoa. she could definitely pass as a coconut and i used to think that's what she was based off of but now whenever i see her and the inside of her house i think 'gyroid'
You should really add Ketchup to your town. I love her to bits but I never see anyone using her. I'd also highly, highly recommend Octavian, but I'm a little biased since he's my favorite AC villager overall.

i agree! i think ketchup is adorable and she would be perfect for a food themed town. honestly i'm kind of considering having both tangy + ketchup, and having lyman as the jock. and i understand that though as i currently have octavian in kaysoa, he's grown on me so much, plus i feel like just because he's an octopus he would fit better in the town than any other cranky

What about Carmen? She's based a bit off of a chocolate bunny.
i never knew that, thanks for letting me know! i think bonbon might be possibly based off of a chocolate bunny too, that or just candy/chocolate

If you are making a food town Tangy is a MUST DO! She is so cute and super, super nice. She is also a flat out orange. You would be CRAZY to not include her in a food themed town.

If you are making a food town Tangy is a MUST DO! She is so cute and super, super nice. She is also a flat out orange. You would be CRAZY to not include her in a food themed town.

you're absolutely right aha, tangy was one of the villagers i first thought of when thinking about a food themed village.

after giving it some thought, these are the permanent villagers i've decided on;

• merengue
    [*]frita
    [*]tangy
    [*]ketchup
    [*]tia
    [*]chadder
    [*]marshal
    [*]zucker

and that only leaves 2 more spaces, and here are the villagers i can't decide between:

• lyman ; jock - pineapple nose.
    [*]octavian ; cranky - calamari. i already have him as a villager in Kaysoa.
    [*]mint ; snooty - she could represent the ingredient plant mint/peppermint or the flavor.

i can only pick 2 of those villagers, and i'd REALLY like to have the statue fountain which is a snooty PWP. it's tough, as i like the cranky PWPs and a few of the jock PWPs, but i guess it all comes down to which ones would work in a food town.

Mint because she's got a food name

alright thanks, adding mint to the permanent villager list!

permanents:

• merengue
    [*]frita
    [*]tangy
    [*]ketchup
    [*]tia
    [*]chadder
    [*]marshal
    [*]zucker
    [*]mint

now i can only pick one of these 2:

• lyman ; jock - pineapple nose.
    [*]octavian ; cranky - calamari?

I dunno man, I'm still rooting for Octavian! Calamari is squid, but I think Octavian could work considering there's no squid villagers.

Last edited:
I dunno man, I'm still rooting for Octavian! Calamari is squid, but I think Octavian could work considering there's no squid villagers.

I agree on Octavian. Also, yeah, calamari's squid, but octopus is edible, too.

yeah true, idk, i tried searching "octopus as food name" and stuff along those lines and i've gotten this a couple of times: "It's a type of stir fried food made with chopped octopus squid (fried calamari, calamari) is dish in mediterranean cuisine. Also, a shark can easly bite into octopuses squishy head." and others say that fried calamari is squid while octopus is just octopus, so. :/

i've officially decided to pick octavian over lyman, and i'm going to be giving each villager a catchphrase that says what they represent ( except for merengue who conveniently already says 'shortcake' ) i'll probably have octavian say 'seafood' instead of calamari LOL. thanks guys!

Last edited:
I have a food town, Tea Cozy and my mayor is named Fondant. It has some food villagers, some not:

Foodies:
Tia
Tangy
Ketchup
Chadder
Merengue

Non-foodies:
Agnes
Tank
Claude
Hamphrey
Naomi

I was going to make them all foodies, but I really adore my villagers just the way they are, so everyone is staying put.

I have a food town, Tea Cozy and my mayor is named Fondant. It has some food villagers, some not:

Foodies:
Tia
Tangy
Ketchup
Chadder
Merengue

Non-foodies:
Agnes
Tank
Claude
Hamphrey
Naomi

I was going to make them all foodies, but I really adore my villagers just the way they are, so everyone is staying put.

ah Tea Cozy is such a nice name, i like that. if i were to have non-food related villagers, i'd probably have fang and diana or whitney in the mix, but i'm going to try to stick to the theme as best as i can. i'm currently trying to think of names for my mayor and the town and i'm pretty indecisive.

for my mayor, i kind of like:

• Amai
    [*]Whisk ( the cooking utensil )
    [*]Nori ( an edible seaweed )
    [*]Spice
    [*]Caramel
    [*]Vanilla / Nilla
    [*]Berry

as for my town's name, i've been considering:

• Sweetpea
    [*]Stovetop
    [*]Gumdrop
    [*]Peachpit
    [*]Oishī

i've already decided the names of my three residents, they'll be named after spices so Pepper, Clove and Saffron ! i usually always struggle with town names, i'm still trying to come up with more - i wish the character limit was longer than 8 because then i could've picked Starburst :(

Back