• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Communication error?

D

Deleted User

when i tryed join a friend in he's city it did only say Communication error...

and the same when i tryed to join me..

have u got this

and how too fix it?

dat happens to me wen people try to come to my town but i cant and dono how to fix it!

Yeh, This happens to me alot. I try to join a specific town, But for my other friends it works.. :/

turn off your wii and turn it back on, it usually works for me if i do that (done it alooot ;) )

If it's Error Code 86420, then it's the Router/Modem Firewall blocking a successful connection.

Or you have been banned from Nintendo Wi-Fi in that game. Not saying you did it but lately nintendo has been running scans lately.

Mr_Hobo said:
Or you have been banned from Nintendo Wi-Fi in that game. Not saying you did it but lately nintendo has been running scans lately.
The ban error code is 20102.

ph33rm3 said:
Mr_Hobo said:
The ban error code is 20102.
Yes I know but other codes may vary though.

When this happens,
i usually just shut the wii off and wait for like 5-10 minutes.
After that, it works..
always done this and it always worked for me.

Restart your modem and/or your router. Then, reboot your Wii or shut it off completely for like a few minutes or an hour if possible and you shouldn't have any more troubles. Maybe your router/modem is getting sick and tired of having to deal with Nintendo connections to here and there. That happens to me from time to time and I just stop playing until like the next day cause I usually find something else to do within the next ten minutes.

Back