Cheer up everyone!

Brewster was never confirmed to be cut. Don’t expect to calm people down after saying that.

It was datamined if you don't know what this means please look it up :) Brewster is not in the current version of the game. There is no model or dialoge in the game. Many people are really down because of the datamined stuff... and I tried to cheer them up!

In many other threads people are really sad and lost the hype about the game. That's why I said there will most likely be updates because the nook shop has only one upgrade in the game right now (Also confirmed through datamining).

Last edited:
I know what it means and have seen it. But if there are really that many NPCs cut, this game is a downgrade and that is that. They have no excuse to cut so many things from the game in what is supposed to be an upgrade. They should have been more detailed in saying what these updates will consist of.

I know what it means and have seen it. But if there are really that many NPCs cut, this game is a downgrade and that is that. They have no excuse to cut so many things from the game in what is supposed to be an upgrade. They should have been more detailed in saying what these updates will consist of.

That's why I tried to cheer people up. A lot of the members here share the same opinion as you - me included! But we should have hope and try to be positive!

I'm still convinced that many of these major things that might not be there will be added in later. On-going development games are becoming more and more of a thing these days.

One thing is for certain, anyone calling this game unfinished or fearing that this "dlc" will be lost to time at some point have absolutely no idea what they are talking about. These content updates that people keep calling DLC isn't DLC, they are updates. Patches, if you will. They are treating this game and its content just like they did Splatoon 2, the only difference is that we know what isn't there yet.

an update to add things not already in the game's most recently updated base release copy is literally the basic definition of dlc

dlc doesn't exclusively just mean new cosmetics or whatever minor addition. major features can be dlc as well, so long as they're added through a downloaded update post-release

or to put it in simpler terms, anything not able to be had if you were theoretically unable to connect to the internet ever for the game would be dlc

Last edited:
Nintendo may have a road map for what they plan to offer and when. we'll all have to wait and see. We will be getting the guide book in 3 weeks, and I assume Nintendo wouldn't hold too much back, as that would be detrimental to the book.

I really really dislike this new model Nintendo adopted of adding in stuff that should've been in the game in the beginning over the course of time, it fits for games like Splatoon but absolutely not for Animal Crossing. I personally won't brush this aside and act like if this stuff doesn't matter to me, because it does, but regardless, I also am still incredibly excited to try out the game, and all I can do for now is hope that more stuff can be added in in the future! Maybe Nintendo can address an update schedule in the next direct or something.

updates to add things not already in the game is literally the basic definition of dlc

dlc doesn't exclusively just mean new cosmetics or whatever minor addition. major features can be dlc as well, so long as they're added through a downloaded update

There actually is a difference between content updates and DLC in the video game world though. Content updates are always free and are usually mandatory to download and install if you want to play online with others. The added content is seen as added to the base version of the game, to become a new base version if you will. They sometimes include patched fixes for bugs, but don't have to. They can add actual content as well.

A Nintendo example of this is the updates Nintendo pushes out whenever they add a new character in Smash. This makes it so you can play against somebody online that has paid for the new characters even if you haven't.

DLC, on the other hand, is treated as optional. You can still play the game online even if you don't own it. Sometimes it is free and sometimes it is paid.

Again, comparing to Smash, the DLC is when you actually pay to have Banjo & Kazooie or Byleth or whoever so you can use it.

Yeah I both love and hate video game communities sometimes. So much care and thought was clearly put into this game and I have faith in them to keep updating and adding things in as we go. I am so excited for this game and the negativity isn't going to change that for me.
If some of those things that I loved never make it into the game, the ability to terraform alone will occupy my for a very long time and seem to be replaced by new things that I will enjoy.

So some characters arnt in the game whoopty doo. Each game in the series has removed one or two characters so it's not insanely bad. They're probably replaced just like Joan

- - - Post Merge - - -

I guess we're all gonna forget the Welcome amibo update for Acnl haha

This reminds me a bit of the new Yume Nikki game that came out a few years ago, it was a "spiritual successor" to the original. Assuming the patch gives us back all the stuff Nintendo cut so people couldn't tt and leak it all it seems like this new Animal Crossing won't be so bad after all. But back to Yume Nikki, the original game was very nice but fans weren't happy with how undeveloped the whole game was. The company who made it later went back and added in an update which added new stuff and quality of life improvements. That's how i feel this game will most likely turn out.

Either way my feelings on it are this: If you buy a physical copy you should get the whole game all at once, no exceptions. The possibility of leakers and data-mining is of course daunting but cutting everything is not a good business practice. The full game should be there from the get-go, what about people who have bought it and lack a good wi-fi connection? They can't update their game to receive the new patch!

I find their decision to be cowardly. But at the same time, I'm still going to buy it and enjoy what i have even if it's not what i expected or turned out how i hoped. I guess because i just don't want to sit in disappointment. This game was supposed to bring so much happiness and Nintendo be damned I'm going to get some happiness out of it.

Last edited:
On paper, it's easy to negatively judge a game after seeing "xyz" has been removed. However, the real matter to consider is what was focused on instead of "xyz."

Personally, I don't want a City Folk 2.0 situation where they took the exact same game that I had (Wild World) and just sprinkled minimal improvements within it with prettier graphics. I want new, exciting changes from New Horizons. I don't need to go collecting gyroids the same exact way I've been doing it since 2001 (and getting disappointed I didn't find a fossil in that one hole), or upgrading Nooks store to Nookingtons AGAIN for the fourth time. (In fact, I'm content with Nook's Cranny being a small, pretty shop that decorates for each season.) But, my point is, I want changes to gameplay and progression more than anything else, and we can see they are pursuing that path with things like crafting and other means of unlocking content which is changing the core gameplay quite a lot.

Every review I've read has said that this game is chock full of content -- more so than ALL of the predecessors. I think we should all wait to play before we judge. We also have many patches and possibly even more DLC to look forward to.

On paper, it's easy to negatively judge a game after seeing "xyz" has been removed. However, the real matter to consider is what was focused on instead of "xyz."

Personally, I don't want a City Folk 2.0 situation where they took the exact same game that I had (Wild World) and just sprinkled minimal improvements within it with prettier graphics. I want new, exciting changes from New Horizons. I don't need to go collecting gyroids the same exact way I've been doing it since 2001 (and getting disappointed I didn't find a fossil in that one hole), or upgrading Nooks store to Nookingtons AGAIN for the fourth time. (In fact, I'm content with Nook's Cranny being a small, pretty shop that decorates for each season.) But, my point is, I want changes to gameplay and progression more than anything else, and we can see they are pursuing that path with things like crafting and other means of unlocking content which is changing the core gameplay quite a lot.

Every review I've read has said that this game is chock full of content -- more so than ALL of the predecessors. I think we should all wait to play before we judge. We also have many patches and possibly even more DLC to look forward to.
This but without the insults to City Folk :p

This but without the insults to City Folk :p

Hey, I still loved City Folk!! Not saying it's a bad game at all, it was way better than Wild World for sure, and I'm certain I ended up playing it far more than Wild World, too (despite burning out quickly at points).

My only gripes with it were it really didn't innovate as much as New Leaf or New Horizons does, reused soundtrack, and the dreaded grass deterioration, lol.

Last edited:
Even though the missing content disappoints me a little (froggy chair </3) I'm sure New Horizons will still have a lot to offer despite that. As others said, the missing content will most likely be added in future updates so I wouldn't stress out over it all that much. I will say this though, I'm not a huge fan of how recent games will release with missing content that should've been there at launch only to release it later as dlc. Personally speaking I'd rather have a game be delayed instead releasing it with decent amount of missing content, but that's just me! Either way I'm still very excited for New Horizons and I'm really looking forward to what the future updates will have to offer.

I thought Brewster was confirmed. was the datamine wrong?

I'm looking forward to taking things day-by-day, especially since the whole virus thing. This will for sure make time go by for me since there seems to be something I can be doing at all times (after the first couple days ofc).

At this point, the only thing that has me down is the fact that I still can't play it yet--even though I've been at Max Hype since the Direct.

When was it confirmed that Brewster, Luna, etc. are cut? Just bc we haven't seen them doesn't mean we never will, right?

Back