• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Cheating in animal crossing new horizons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do agree that the prices are extortionate but I wouldnt necessarily call it cheating. There are many ways to play the game and profit can be made by selling turnips or rate items etc etc. There are legit ways to get so many NMT with normal play through.
At the end of the day it all depends on RNG - you dont have to save up as many NMT and you can island hop until you find the villager you’d like. There is no race because there is no ‘end’.

Lol idk why you're getting upset, I'm trying to have a normal discussion lol. I was just curious as to what you meant by suspicious. Like bc people have so many bells from the royal crown glitch and therefore are willing to pay 250k for a ticket?

I wasn't upset, I even stated as much.

2000 tickets is insane, even if you timetravel there's no way you're gonna earn those legit within a month or two.

Do people really take 2000+ trips to those boring Islands looking for their favourite villagers? Sounds mind numbing.

It's the only way to get the new villagers since they don't have amiibo cards yet. But it's not like regular players can pay that much, so when the cheaters got their hand on their favorites the market will regulate itself since nobody else can afford it.

Lol idk why you're getting upset, I'm trying to have a normal discussion lol. I was just curious as to what you meant by suspicious. Like bc people have so many bells from the royal crown glitch and therefore are willing to pay 250k for a ticket?
The issue isn't so much 2,000 miles, it's 2,000 NMTs. By your estimate, earning 2,000 tickets would take 50 24-hour days to earn...the game has only been out for 18.

I was thinking about this today, and I'm glad someone said it. I want Raymond as well but I can't compete with people that grind this game more than I do and/or cheat. I can't wait until the hype over the new villagers calms down so I can get that business cat - hoping I run into him on a Nook Miles island or something.

Also if there is in fact, these cheaters getting thousands of NMTs for Raymond, how could the cheaters be differentiated from the people who have gotten them legitimately?

I got 700 nook miles tickets in a 12 hour period by tting and doing the nook miles + tasks, I understand where your coming from but there are a LOT of people who tt and gain mass amounts of tickets. Now you can argue that tting is cheating and the debate is older than my grandma at this point but it is what it is. I do agree with you that the prices are inflated, that was done with the members of the forum hands, and I also agree with you that the mods need to step in and officially state what kind of prices are acceptable and what prices are blatant price gouging. However, until they give us a 1:1 price ratio the free market will reign.

The segregation that is being ENABLED by the mods of this site if frankly sickening and the wage gap between an average animal crossing player and someone who has spent years hacking their game needs to be directly closed or the people will continue to suffer under the might of cheaters.

i don't think you understand what 1/3 of these words mean

I got 700 nook miles tickets in a 12 hour period by tting and doing the nook miles + tasks, I understand where your coming from but there are a LOT of people who tt and gain mass amounts of tickets. Now you can argue that tting is cheating and the debate is older than my grandma at this point but it is what it is. I do agree with you that the prices are inflated, that was done with the members of the forum hands, and I also agree with you that the mods need to step in and officially state what kind of prices are acceptable and what prices are blatant price gouging. However, until they give us a 1:1 price ratio the free market will reign.
I think a lot of people are getting Nook Miles and Nook Miles Tickets mixed up! 700 NMT would mean you earned 1,400,000 Nook Miles in 12 hours which I don't think is possible. (please provide math if you actually did mean tickets ;w; I'm curious how you did it!)

Now with that math out there, it's pretty difficult for someone to earn 2000 tickets just from playing the game. I know there are people selling NMT for real money on other websites, but then at the same time a lot of people have been trading and I can see how someone has 200 tickets. It's hard to differentiate and since those NMT bought with real money are already floating around the economy here it will be very difficult to get rid of...

Ok what I don't understand about everyone who is upset about the inflated prices is that there are still ways to get these villagers. If you don't want to participate in the new trading economy then...don't?

It's not like trading is the ONLY way to get the new villagers. Save up your miles and go hunting through mystery islands like the rest of the people who ended up with Raymond and Audie without trading. That's what I'm doing, as I don't care about killing myself to get hundreds of NMT, and the gamble of searching through islands is more satisfying to me anyways. It also allows me to spend more time in this beautiful game rather than fighting it out over the forums. That said- let people stockpile miles if they want to! Who cares, when the game provides you opportunities to get the villagers you want eventually.

Posts like this accusing people of taking shortcuts and "cheating" are SUPER hypocritical IMO. Trading for a villager you want instead of following the game's natural process for inviting/moving them in is a huge shortcut.
Which leads me to believe you're not actually angry about people accruing 1000s of NMT- You're just upset there isn't a more easily accessible way for YOU to get what you want instantly lol.

I just wanna know how long it took for that person to deliver the 2500 tickets. How many trips, how many fit in your inventory at a trip, and how long it took over all.

I think at this point people also fail to address the fact that Raymond posts are becoming more frequent, yet the price on him is increasing.. it takes a couple of people to bid obnoxiously high to not allow the price to fall like it's supposed to [and at this point posters should also be enabling him to fall, both sides are faulty] and I'm saying that as someone who sold him for 500-600 tickets. But once he starts getting to the 2k point it's an issue. I don't think everyone who has that many hacks, but to say that there aren't hacked tickets floating around at this point would probably be untrue. A cap on these bids should be introduced since clearly what's supposed to be happening, isn't.

tldr; stop betting on raymond for obnoxiously high prices, stop asking for him for obnoxiously high prices

also: i think if you post him and you aren't expecting him to go past a certain point then you watch it skyrocket that's one thing. but if you see him skyrocket, then take advantage of it that's another

Last edited:
The issue isn't so much 2,000 miles, it's 2,000 NMTs. By your estimate, earning 2,000 tickets would take 50 24-hour days to earn...the game has only been out for 18.

I didn't estimate anything, I'm not sure what you mean. I'm not saying I think a nook mile ticket is worth 250k igb or that a villager is worth 2000 nmt, I'm just curious as what exactly this suspicious behavior is.

I didn't estimate anything, I'm not sure what you mean. I'm not saying I think a nook mile ticket is worth 250k igb or that a villager is worth 2000 nmt, I'm just curious as what exactly this suspicious behavior is.
You estimated that 10,000 miles would take a few hours. I extrapolated that assumption into the 2000 NMT offer for Raymond.

Ok what I don't understand about everyone who is upset about the inflated prices is that there are still ways to get these villagers. If you don't want to participate in the new trading economy then...don't?

It's not like trading is the ONLY way to get the new villagers. Save up your miles and go hunting through mystery islands like the rest of the people who ended up with Raymond and Audie without trading. That's what I'm doing, as I don't care about killing myself to get hundreds of NMT, and the gamble of searching through islands is more satisfying to me anyways. It also allows me to spend more time in this beautiful game rather than fighting it out over the forums. That said- let people stockpile miles if they want to! Who cares, when the game provides you opportunities to get the villagers you want eventually.

Posts like this accusing people of taking shortcuts and "cheating" are SUPER hypocritical IMO. Trading for a villager you want instead of following the game's natural process for inviting/moving them in is a huge shortcut.
Which leads me to believe you're not actually angry about people accruing 1000s of NMT- You're just upset there isn't a more easily accessible way for YOU to get what you want instantly lol.
i agree 100% with you. thanks for saying this!
while 2k tickets are a lot, its an extreme exception. but its also the price some people are willing to pay to get whatever they want fast.
anyone can get the villagers or whatever if they put time and effort into it. its not like its not part of the game and you can only get it here lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back