• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Cave? O_O

Wow...I take a day off to go shopping for a camper, and everyone goes nuts...it took me forever to figure out where I had been when I posted last :D

After reading the ideas...I think I like the idea of the cave being open (or cleared of debris, whatever) when it rains or snows. That would be no different than having the coelacanth or snail show up during a rain/snow, and would make going to the cave something different to do on those days.

You know what else would make these caves worth it? Hearing Kappn' tell tales about the cave and it's dangers. I could imagine him on the boat and giving us a humorous monologue.
Kappn: You know, <player> you have a lot of guts coming out to this cave. Narry a sailor comes out of that cave a changed man! Aye, one time, I tried to enter the cave when I was young. Foolish I was, because that was how I lost me left arm.
What? I still have my left arm? Er... well... I didn't ACTUALLY lose my arm. I just fell asleep on the boat and had a dream about losing me arm. But when I woke up, I drifted 5 miles out to sea, and I didn't get back till morning.
Oh look! The cave! Good luck kid, yar gonna need it!

I agree with Juicebox, I think if you combine that idea with mine, where he paddles you down the cave while you fish.. AMAZING.

Wow...I take a day off to go shopping for a camper, and everyone goes nuts...it took me forever to figure out where I had been when I posted last :D

After reading the ideas...I think I like the idea of the cave being open (or cleared of debris, whatever) when it rains or snows. That would be no different than having the coelacanth or snail show up during a rain/snow, and would make going to the cave something different to do on those days.

Yeah, the forum is definitely more active now that the release of AC3DS is nearing.

*pops up*

Oh, yeah. I made that cave. That's the new Reset Surveillance Center entrance. Maybe with the release of this so-called "Animal Crossing 3DS" (But I still don't know what is a "3DS"...) I change it. You know, my brother is who tells where it should be. Make sure you don't reset on that city or... I'LL BE MAD! And now...

SCRAM!

*burrows back*

*pops up*

Oh, yeah. I made that cave. That's the new Reset Surveillance Center entrance. Maybe with the release of this so-called "Animal Crossing 3DS" (But I still don't know what is a "3DS"...) I change it. You know, my brother is who tells where it should be. Make sure you don't reset on that city or... I'LL BE MAD! And now...

SCRAM!

*burrows back*

Even with this funny post, I think it'd be cool if it was the new entrance to it.
A bit mysterious though.. a water cave? ._.
I guess if you wanna stay hidden..

Even with this funny post, I think it'd be cool if it was the new entrance to it.
A bit mysterious though.. a water cave? ._.
I guess if you wanna stay hidden..

Yeah, that'd be very cool!

It would be pretty neat if there where water only areas that you had to travel by boat and some land areas where you could find rare and uncommon fossils and when winter comes some water areas would freeze up.

I know I'll prolly just get bashed for that idea but i wanna share it nonetheless.

Yeah, that'd be very cool!

It would be pretty neat if there where water only areas that you had to travel by boat and some land areas where you could find rare and uncommon fossils and when winter comes some water areas would freeze up.

I know I'll prolly just get bashed for that idea but i wanna share it nonetheless.

That seems cool. Kappn can ride us there. *hums his song*

Though I haven't read all of the other pages, I'm pretty sure that there will be no caves. This would offer a great variety of new options and be such a huge innovation... if there really was something like a cave, Nintendo would have mentioned it in their former trailers or articles. Or at least on the boxart.

The thing that we can see on the island (boxart) isn't a cave, but kind of a hut - at least that's is my opinion. Would make perfect sense, since there were housings like that in previous games (tents, iglus).

The only cave-like thing that I saw in the trailer was the tunnel were the train came from, if I remember right...

Though I haven't read all of the other pages, I'm pretty sure that there will be no caves. This would offer a great variety of new options and be such a huge innovation... if there really was something like a cave, Nintendo would have mentioned it in their former trailers or articles. Or at least on the boxart.

The thing that we can see on the island (boxart) isn't a cave, but kind of a hut - at least that's is my opinion. Would make perfect sense, since there were housings like that in previous games (tents, iglus).

The only cave-like thing that I saw in the trailer was the tunnel were the train came from, if I remember right...
Yeah, thats what I thought. I was pretty sure it was the island house from the GC version, but then everyone said it was a cave.
BUT, we never saw Kappn in the trailers, and here he is in the boxart.

Yeah, thats what I thought. I was pretty sure it was the island house from the GC version, but then everyone said it was a cave.
BUT, we never saw Kappn in the trailers, and here he is in the boxart.
Yeah but the cave ISN'T on the boxart. I don't understand what you are trying to get at.

That's cause it isn't in the box art or trailers... haven't you seen this map?
ekoce.png
there is a possibility that it was never actually added in the game but i have a feeling that it is. :>

That's cause it isn't in the box art or trailers... haven't you seen this map?
ekoce.png
there is a possibility that it was never actually added in the game but i have a feeling that it is. :>

Yeah I KNOW that it isn't in any of the trailers which makes me feel that there's nothing like that in the games. Because even showing just a hint of that would wake the interest of even more fans of the series.

Yeah but the cave ISN'T on the boxart. I don't understand what you are trying to get at.

Thats my point; since the cave isnt on the boxart NOR wasnt it shown in any other trailers, I have a very rough prediction that it will not be in the game. I understand since you guys watched the movie anyway.

Even if you look at the CONCEPT map, thats only a rough sketch. 3/4ths of it was incorporated into the real game, but that "cave" seems pretty real. I am also pretty sure some people got confused after Sockhead shown the island hut, so they thought it was a complete cave. although Im not sure if the island is even in the game, it shows on boxart though.

Otherwise, I really hope theres a cave anyway.

Last edited:
Did anyone notice that the big tree is on this concept map too? i think it would be great to have that in my town!

That big tree is on the boxart as well, and it showed up in a previous game of the series, too. :)

I'd say the Big Tree is somewhat safe t assume, but I really just disregard the concept map and one obvious thing is they show a train in it when it is a tram in the trailers.Big difference.

Looking at the map and box art again, and all the islands, it makes sense that I'm naming my town Windfall. It will have islands like in Wind Waker surrounding it. o_O

Wow I am awesome!

I don't think the chances of there being a cave are that great, but it might happen. There's no evidence for it except for that tiny cave, and it may just have been to flesh out the art. (For example, we know that the town will have two tiers and then the beach, but that's no in the concept art. So the concept are is deviated from, probably in more ways then one. [Either adding or subtracting, imo.])

On the subject of the big tree, has anyone even thought that it might just be a town decoration that you can place later on in the game?

The cave is debatable. It could just be art, or it could be for something completely different. Right now, I'm not going to say anything is for sure just because it's on the box art.

Back