• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Campsite Save Scumming is NOT Available

Rex of Elysium

Bells
Well, I time traveled just long enough to get my first camper. I started a second character, and it turns out the game forces you to talk to Nook as soon as you land, and it autosaves when you are done. So this means you CAN'T save scum for the campsite anymore.

That being said, I got a less than 1% chance at getting one of my favorite villagers. I want to introduce you to Hans the Yeti! I am in shock as to who I got, my second favorite villager ever!

Anyway, wanted to let you guys know the campsite reset trick DOES NOT WORK in this game.

Thank you for confirming this. I was wondering if this was an option or not, saves me the hassle and disappointment. Gonna just have to hope I get a good one.

Yeah! I appreciate you taking the time to check into this. I was personally wondering if this was going to be possible or not. I did it in new leaf, but glad to have confirmation on this for new horizons

Are you sure this isn't just for the first campsite villager? I tried the same today, but the very first visitor always has to be smug. I was thinking it might work for any later campsite visitors, but I'm not sure yet! :(

Back