• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Bug/fish/dino villagers

Would you be ok with the idea of bug/fish/dinosaur villagers?

• Yes!

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • No way!

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

MiniPocketWorld

🌺💦🏄💦🌺
Bells
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Flimsy Watering Can
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Violet
Purple Violet
Would you be ok with the idea of bug, fish, and/or dinosaur villagers being added to the franchise? Why or why not.
If so, what are some examples you'd like to see?
If not, would you rather see something else?

I'm always up for more variety. I could see dinosaur and bug villagers working well. For bugs, I would like to see butterflies, moths, ladybugs, bees, praying mantis, centipedes, and caterpillars off the top of my head. I'd also like some spider villagers, but those would fall under arachnids.

I'm open to the idea of fish, but I can't really envision how they would be implemented. Would they look like real fish and live in the ponds, rivers, and ocean? Or would they be bipedal like the fish characters in Spongebob and walk on land? I can suspend disbelief as long as it's done right. I mean, we do already have octopus villagers.

i’d never turn down new villager species, so sure! i’d especially love shark, axolotl and/or butterfly villagers. i wonder what having bug/fish villagers during bug-offs or fishing tourneys would be like — maybe they’d have special dialogue, or the npc/other villagers would spend the day chasing them around. 🤣

I'm always open to the idea of more new villagers, and new species sound like a lot of fun! ^^ I'm not sure if I'd personally like any bug/fish villagers enough to want them as permanent residents, but at the very least they'd probably still be pretty cute and I bet others could do a lot of cool things with them.
I really like the idea of dinosaur villagers though—there's a lot of iconic dinosaur species out there that I bet would make a cute basis for a species. I'd also be very curious to see if they'd have any special dialogue pertaining to fossils/the fossil section of the Museum.

dino villagers (as well as bug/fish but less so imo) would be absolutely poggers, and the idea of getting new species of villagers seems pretty cool in general !

Dino villagers of all kinds would be cool. Fish, i dunno, but I could see maybe some bug villagers, like butterflies, luna moth..

Bug and dino villagers would be nice! I mean, it is weird, but there are frog villagers when you can catch frogs. Plus I've seen some cute moth designs! I can't see fish villagers working that well. Maaaybe a fish NPC but nah, I wouldn't prefer that.

I love the design of those shark villagers! I'm sold! I could populate a whole town with them. The orca is really cute too.

I will spend my thoughts on each one.

1. Bug villagers
I really think this would be an interesting idea if executed well. Obviously, the insect villager will have to be anthropomorphic enough for players of all ages to interact with positively. I would love to see Blathers' reaction to a mantis or beetle villager.

2. Fish villagers
This is actually more plausible than Bug villagers or Dino villagers. We already have Octopus villagers, which are sea creatures. We can very well have fish villagers like Sharks. Interesting interactions while fiahing/catching a shark when a Shark villager is nearby would be neat to see. Gifting one even better...

3. Dino villagers
I said that Fish villagers is more likely earlier and the reason for this is the Alligator. Nintendo could just have an Alligator fill the theme of a dinosaur and thats all we get. This is especially true if they start adding more reptiles like lizards, iguanas or snakes.

I don’t know how I’d feel about these species. I don’t know how the fish would look either. I imagine they’d have legs, similar to how they look on SpongeBob. For the dinosaurs or bugs, I have no idea how they’d look in game. I’m content with the species we currently have, though. I don’t see a need for additional ones.

Back