• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

broolow's random art thread

broolow

broolow
Bells
So i've been drawing things for a while now, since 2014 i think. Though i didn't take it somewhat seriously until 2019, that's the year where i started to make more of an effort to improve. This is a hobby i started because i wanted to draw cool things, make my own characters and scenarios, that kinda stuff.
I made this thread to show off some of the art i'm most proud of. It's not everything and there's stuff i can't post here for obvious reasons (So be careful when you look up my other art galleries).
In case you're curious, i used a variety of programs throughout the years but now i stick with Colors 3D for my current stuff.

Here we go.

View attachment 460057
I drew this one last night. I was bored and feeling a bit inspired, so i tried to do something that looked like a comic book cover.

View attachment 460065
I really felt like drawing Bomberman, so i came up with this design that looks like a custom character i would actually use.
View attachment 460067
Saw this cool pose on Pinterest and got inspired. The lizard on the left is based on a miniature i actually have in real life.

View attachment 460069
I dabbled with pixel art for a bit a few months back as i wanted to try out something new. This Milotic art that i drew for someone is the one i'm most proud of.

View attachment 460070
Wanted to try my hand at something more abstract.
View attachment 460071
This one was inspired by a Shadow the Hedgehog render. I went with a grenade launcher as it is one of my favourite weapons in that game.

View attachment 460079
I saw this one pic of a girl holding an open book above her head and i thought it was funny.
View attachment 460084
View attachment 460086
Other people's OCs i drew as part of an art trade.

View attachment 460089
One of my older lineless works.

View attachment 460090
And finally, here's something even older from when i still did everything on a DS Lite.

That's it for now, i would like to hear what y'all think.

wooah man i love your art style!! i havent seen anything like this before so i find it very unique and cool, cartoony in a way but still different. you have a very creative mind as the styles, character designs, and scenes are all wild and fun that grabs peoples attention, out of the box really. i think your art looks really cool, awesome work!! 🤩

wooah man i love your art style!! i havent seen anything like this before so i find it very unique and cool, cartoony in a way but still different. you have a very creative mind as the styles, character designs, and scenes are all wild and fun that grabs peoples attention, out of the box really. i think your art looks really cool, awesome work!! 🤩
Thanks! :blush:

the fact that you created the last piece on a ds lite has me in shambles. like it’s honestly good and looks so cool, and you drew it on a ds lite?? you’re so talented fr.

i think your most recent piece out of the ones you shared is my favourite. it definitely looks like it could be a comic book cover, but it also looks like it could be a scene from a video game! so, so cool. your art style is awesome!

the fact that you created the last piece on a ds lite has me in shambles. like it’s honestly good and looks so cool, and you drew it on a ds lite?? you’re so talented fr.

i think your most recent piece out of the ones you shared is my favourite. it definitely looks like it could be a comic book cover, but it also looks like it could be a scene from a video game! so, so cool. your art style is awesome!
Thank you!

Here's two more that i made recently:

This one was inspired by those old "battle station" photos floating around the internet.
I incorporated a lot of elements of old and obsolete computer things into it, such as that one Compaq Presario monitor with the cool purple speakers.

Saw a pretty background on Pinterest, you know the rest.

Last edited:
Random OC design i came up with last week. I had prairie dogs in the mind and so i had to stick one in there.
By the way, they're eating cornstarch biscuits, which are a personal favourite of mine.

An older one from when i still used Colors DS. I had the idea for this one after playing the DS version of Umihara Kawase and realizing that the whole fishing theme worked really well with a certain OC i had.

Here's another old one. This character is based on Ms Honeybee, which is a character from an Amiga game that never came out.
In fact, her name literally is Honeybee. Also, here's a little fact about Colors DS: There's no vertical setting. So i had to hold the thing sideways every time i wanted to draw anything vertical and then manually rotate the image later after exporting it. And since the button mapping obviously wouldn't change to accommodate the orientation, constantly switching between horizontal and vertical drawings really screwed with my muscle memory. Also, the L button (the tools menu button) had gone bad and that was very annoying.

And finally, here's an old Sonic doodle that i did as a bit of perspective practice.

Last edited:
Happy Halloween! I had the idea for this one after playing Tomodachi Life for way too long.

I made these for a collab and i really like how they turned out.

A couple ones from August.

Last edited:
Back