• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Bridges and villager houses?

ceribells

Shady Something or Other
Bells
Vesta
Mailbox
Yellow Candy
I FINALLY got the fairy tale bridge PWP today, and am trying to place it where my original bridge was. Issy keeps saying its too close to Chief's house (he lived there before I demolished that bridge), despite it being like 3 squares away. What's the issue? I really really don't want to move him out, but she still says it like 5+ squares away.

Last edited:
i had this problem before :c i had to kick frita out because its was too close to where i wanted to place the bridge.

Poo. :c I really hate Isabelle like 90% of the time, the pwp system is really flawed.

I had Kiki move two squares in front of my bridge and (before I demolished it) it was in the corner where all my villagers like to crowd. Now I can't even build a new one until I kick Merengue out because she's too close to where I was going to build it. Haha, I hate the PWP system.

Move a square up or down from the original "Build Spot" and you might get that it's okay to build there.

You can also try going on the other side of river where you want to build the bridge.
That might help :eek:

Move a square up or down from the original "Build Spot" and you might get that it's okay to build there.

Not when Julian moved in on Kiki's right and Merengue is on her left and I'm above Merengue. It's like this:
<MY HOUSE>......\......../~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
.........................\ .......I OLD I
..........................\.......I OLD I
...........<Merengue>\......I OLD I
.............................~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
.................................<Kiki>....<Julian>

I hope that doesn't violate any rules. Please don't take my bells, I'm already poor. :eek:

- - - Post Merge - - -

You can also try going on the other side of river where you want to build the bridge.
That might help :eek:
Nope, I've tried.

I also forgot to mention there is a rock next to Julian's house.

I tore down two bridges hoping to get the fairy tale request. Had all the other stuff. No luck. And Isabelle flat refused to put up a temp one where I wanted. Major flaw in the game.

I think there needs to be 4 spaces between a house and the bridge. I hate that villagers can move into the No build zone for bridges. I have the same problem now. I want to replace a brick bridge with a fairy tale bridge, but Zucker moved in too close. -_-

Yeah, I've had villagers move RIGHT in front of bridges before, I guess the game is okay with putting a new house near an old bridge but not vice versa. I swear they didn't test the pwp system sometimes :/ it can be endlessly frustrating and obnoxious. Thanks for your replies, hopefully I can trade Chief out for another cranky wolf.

Try placing those "Sign post" things in spaces where you want to place projects later.
Sometimes it works, my friends do it.

Your Welcome. I hope your villagers that need to move out, move soon so you can place your bridge.

Back