• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Mafia Bravely Default Mafia

You literally just said that killing Mafia achieves nothing. Are you frreaking kidding me? Do you know what the point of this game is?

If a Mafia member dies there's so much we can look at. Who did this person back up, who were they against, what did they say and why.
If you started the first day by lynching someone for no other reason than they're bad then there won't be any information on who they backed up and whatnot. That's why it's a dumb as **** method. Ashtot, what's your opinion on aud? As much as I hate to admit it, and as correct as I believe I am in this situation, this ***** fight isn't going anywhere.

idfk it's day 1 how are we supposdto know lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

what do you expect. u said to RL so wyd
I distinctly remember outlining how day 1 scumhunting works to about a year ago. Albeit, that was chat mafia. Still, you should be able to apply some of the theory to forum mafia.

If you started the first day by lynching someone for no other reason than they're bad then there won't be any information on who they backed up and whatnot. That's why it's a dumb as **** method. Ashtot, what's your opinion on aud? As much as I hate to admit it, and as correct as I believe I am in this situation, this ***** fight isn't going anywhere.

If someone is lynched you can ALWAYS get information from their death.

Anyways audino hasn't posted much and you can't assume much of their reaction to the whole "audino is mafia thing".

3hyibsZ.gif

hey why vote for me

Also Endless, fore I go to bed and while you're posting actively, I wouldn't mind knowing why you feel compelled to keep your vote on me - an explanation beyond the pushing and tomatoes.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Actually, wouldn't mind knowing tomorrow. Sleepy af.

- - - Post Merge - - -

3hyibsZ.gif

hey why vote for me

Voting for Capella is the classic first/second day mafia behavior.

Also Endless, fore I go to bed and while you're posting actively, I wouldn't mind knowing why you feel compelled to keep your vote on me - an explanation beyond the pushing and tomatoes.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Actually, wouldn't mind knowing tomorrow. Sleepy af.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Voting for Capella is the classic first/second day mafia behavior.
shut up i can be subpar sometimes (angry)

It seems like a little less than half of the people playing this game have actually posted. If its rl I'll probs vote from there.

Anyways audino hasn't posted much and you can't assume much of their reaction to the whole "audino is mafia thing".
When someone is lynched and flips town, you get 1 piece of information: Vote log. Who voted for them when and why. If you lynch someone because "they're useless", then this doesn't exist.
When someone is lynched and flips mafia, you get three pieces of information: Vote log, their interaction with other players and who, if anyone, they tried to get lynched at some point. If you use your method you get the last two. The last two are almost worthless day 1 and grow into larger and larger stockpiles of information the longer the game goes. The first one, which your method conveniently dashes into the dust, is the information piece that is statically as good as it is all the way throughout the game. AKA it's amazing day 1. Therefore, today is the most important day to not vote off someone for a non-real reason.

Problem, what's your opinion on Dad's content so far?

Okay, who do you think is Mafia?

I'll answer, since I'm headed off to bed in a minute and won't be around tomorrow, so consider this an explanation for my vote.

I'm suspicious of audino & runeraider.

audino:
What's your time zone? GMT+9
How often do you expect to post per 24 hours? As much as necessary?
Why did you join this game? luv mafia
Who/what is in your avatar? Touya from pkmn
Are you mafia? Nah

They say that they will post "As much as necessary", but the only thing they've posted since then is:
this is true
If it's useless, why did you answer them? You didn't have much to say when Sonrio accused you of being Mafia, and you haven't participated in any of the discussions going on since then.

runeraider:
Hi, I'm not the mafia. Please don't lynch me, I'm allergic to dying. <3
@endless

1. meh
2. meh
3. meh
4. dunno, got it off google search
5. hell naw

Right, that's too much helpfullness from me, I'm going.

You haven't posted a lot, but your first post being a plea not to lynch you, plus you were around long enough to read & answer the questions but didn't post anything else makes me a bit suspicious.

Pre-post edit: Annnd someone's beat me to audino. :rolleyes:

@Dad Mostly a placeholder at this point. Every time you post I'm second guessing my original read on you.

i don't have a read on anybody atm. it's 3am and my reads r probaby gonnna be really off
i'll read into all the posts better in the morning possibly

Disagree with the read on Rune but that's a neat read on Aud, even if it's contrary to how I took the posts. It isn't much but glad to see the conversation is starting to flow. (Also, that read was off the RQS. Even if it's wrong it's conversation that sparked off the RQS, creating information. So yeah, Ashtot, the RQS was useful. I should be a little more mature than this but I can't help feel proud of my measly one up.)

I'm going to dig into studies since I have heaps of homework and 7 hours left to complete it. I'll probably be on briefly to flick my vote to the likeliest target a couple of hours before deadline but apart from that I'm out of here. Lynch a wolf, kick Ashtot in the balls enough times for him to step off his godchair and start playing mafia.

Disagree with the read on Rune but that's a neat read on Aud, even if it's contrary to how I took the posts. It isn't much but glad to see the conversation is starting to flow. (Also, that read was off the RQS. Even if it's wrong it's conversation that sparked off the RQS, creating information. So yeah, Ashtot, the RQS was useful. I should be a little more mature than this but I can't help feel proud of my measly one up.)

I'm going to dig into studies since I have heaps of homework and 7 hours left to complete it. I'll probably be on briefly to flick my vote to the likeliest target a couple of hours before deadline but apart from that I'm out of here. Lynch a wolf, kick Ashtot in the balls enough times for him to step off his godchair and start playing mafia.

I stopped arguing and here you are being an idiotic again. I'm done with this.

I fell asleep srryyyy, ive been tired lately.
Idk that's my only defense LOL. If I'd been awake I would have participated.

If no explanations for trundle's vote surface I'll probably just vote sonrio

im the mafia

Shhh shut up Airy the Godfather or you're dead D:

uh.....who are you......

Shush!

do we even know what roles there are or is it just like "you are agnes oblige, vestal of the wind. you are allowed to overturn a vote by saying UNACCEPTABLE! once in the game"

unacceptable_lemongrab_and_agnes_by_dodomir23-d7b9lrh.jpg

The premise is simple, all we need is compliance.
I want everyone to answer these questions:
What's your time zone?
How often do you expect to post per 24 hours?
Why did you join this game?
Who/what is in your avatar?
Are you mafia?

What kind of question is this?!

Bolded is the misrepresentation of what you'd asked. (First post is an incredulous question asking why no one else has noticed what you have and second acts like you were trying to get discussion going over whether it was bad content.) Underlined is the incorrect information provided on what was blatantly a push. She's posted 4 times prior to this, with only one of the responses being directed at you.
>>>>>Lynch this guy.
Pre-post edit: His last post is affixing attention on his intended victim. Speed up the wagon.

Ashtot, you appear to have a chip on your shoulder. I've already outed a read and I'm the one that started the RQS (which supplies people with a method to enter the game, helps us know when we can expect them to respond so that stalling as mafia is harder and simultaneously familiarises us with them. The final question is complete bs but I felt the need to put it in there for fun.)
I can't think of a post, bar the one where I called you BAM for disagreeing with me, that wasn't useful.
Pre-post edit: Ashtot, you haven't posted anything useful. Hate to break this to you.

Yer pust ish a trahs useless post

heres a GOOD question to ask everyone:

how experienced are you at mafia? do you think youre good?

What kind of question is this???

Jesus, I have to tackle one half of that post at a time.
It's used universally across the site. Well, not universally, but a heck of a lot. It's the preferred method of kicking the game off over RVS, which people view as a perfectly fine way to kick the game off as well. If it was bad it wouldn't be used that much. On the flip side, I just explained why it's used that much to you, but you either didn't read my post or disregarded my reasoning. Either way is cool, you're still hella ignorant.

Let's say there's 5 mafia. That leaves a pool of 11 (this is a 16 player game right?) other people, if we count the number of power roles we have as n (a variable), then the chance mafia has to kill a power role tonight is n/11 or n/10, depending on whether we lynch town or mafia today. If you're town, you statically increased that chance to n/10 or n/9, depending on what's lynched today. You didn't need to claim, it achieved nothing, and jeopardizes town.

You're so bad. And I'm not saying that to be an arrogant douche. I'm saying that for your own benefit. Individually, I think your mean skill at mafia isn't horrible, but your opinion is that it's way better than it is, which leads you to be both incredibly irritating and to make really bloody stupid mistakes. On the flip side, if you're mafia, then your play is going to give you an advantage since you can lynch town without looking bad. Since that isn't uncommon for you. However, we roll town more than we roll mafia so bloody well model your play in a way that benefits town.

Pre-post edit: Dad's last post was the best post he's made so far in the thread. The tone, actual effort and reasoning in it is better than probably every other post in the thread. I don't advocate a salad-rush at him anymore but I'm not unvoting either.
And yeah, it is a tamayto tamahto thing. But the part you need to recognize is that both of those are legitimate ways of saying the word. Or, in this case, both methods are legitimate starting methods. I'm not bashing RVS, I use it plenty often myself. But I wanted to kick this game off with RQS since you hadn't ever done that before. (And the few RVS starting games I read on this site didn't end so well.)

Give them an award
Jokerlaugh.gif

They say that they will post "As much as necessary", but the only thing they've posted since then is:

If it's useless, why did you answer them? You didn't have much to say when Sonrio accused you of being Mafia, and you haven't participated in any of the discussions going on since then.

Answered them because (tbh) I wanted to share that my avatar was Touya from pokemon. I don't really think answering is going to be pro town or anti town esp since it doesn't help any kind of roleclaiming, as if anybody's gonna say yes to the last question.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Actually I'll retract the sonrio thing, there are a few players that haven't even posted in the thread yet like DarkOnyx, NikkiNikki, pillow bunny, Blu Rose. &ITookYourWaffles has only posted once

I'd feel more comfortable voting once everybody has at least shown their face

Back