• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

BotW: Questions and need tips

Stella-Io

Unhindered Dreamer
Bells
Festival Lantern
Plum Blossom
Fortune Cookie
Night Sky Scenery
Snowstorm Scenery
Playful Scenery
Holiday Candy Cane 2023
Stitches
Friday the 13th Candy
Eerie Star Potion
I was watching a video on YouTube about BotW and at the end it had some tips and stuff to do. One thing it mentioned was that your house can die? And you have to go to a special place to revive it? However when they showed the map there wasn't any place marked, it was just an area. Where exactly is that place (I haven't killed a horse... yet...)?
Also, how do the horses die? My horses have been electrecuted a few times but I can usually get right back on them.
Then there's also stamina, speed and strength. What exactly does that mean? I notice one of my horses has more spur kicks than another, so it that speed or stamina? And what is strength, is that it's 'life bar'? How do I see a horses 'life bar'
when I have it out?

Can I also board other mounts or is it only horses?

Also I would like some tips. So far I've only played 25 hours in the game, I've found an electric dragon that I want to get scales off of but haven't been able to yet, I've found some Sheikah towers, found Lurelin Village and Haneto Village, I have like 4 or 5 hearts but never upgraded my stamina, unlocked the objective of the main storyline and upgraded the Sheikah slate along with having all the runes.

I have yet to come across Zora's Domain, anywhere near Hyrule Castle/Town, Gerudo Desert, fought any of the divine beasts, or do a whole bunch of important stuff.

What are some tips you have you have from gameplay? Should I go after weapons, what's the best way to get better at fighting (I'm really not a fighter I like to forage, travel and I want to tame a solid coloured horse but my stamina is too low for that rn) just stuff a beginner should know.

I was watching a video on YouTube about BotW and at the end it had some tips and stuff to do. One thing it mentioned was that your house can die? And you have to go to a special place to revive it? However when they showed the map there wasn't any place marked, it was just an area. Where exactly is that place (I haven't killed a horse... yet...)?
Also, how do the horses die? My horses have been electrecuted a few times but I can usually get right back on them.
Then there's also stamina, speed and strength. What exactly does that mean? I notice one of my horses has more spur kicks than another, so it that speed or stamina? And what is strength, is that it's 'life bar'? How do I see a horses 'life bar'
when I have it out?

Can I also board other mounts or is it only horses?

Also I would like some tips. So far I've only played 25 hours in the game, I've found an electric dragon that I want to get scales off of but haven't been able to yet, I've found some Sheikah towers, found Lurelin Village and Haneto Village, I have like 4 or 5 hearts but never upgraded my stamina, unlocked the objective of the main storyline and upgraded the Sheikah slate along with having all the runes.

I have yet to come across Zora's Domain, anywhere near Hyrule Castle/Town, Gerudo Desert, fought any of the divine beasts, or do a whole bunch of important stuff.

What are some tips you have you have from gameplay? Should I go after weapons, what's the best way to get better at fighting (I'm really not a fighter I like to forage, travel and I want to tame a solid coloured horse but my stamina is too low for that rn) just stuff a beginner should know.
Although I've only spent about 65 hours playing it on my switch, I also had the wii U version and played for hundreds of hours and have researched the game a whole lot. I went through a huge BoTW phase, lol, so I can help! Yes, horses can die. And yes, you have to go to a special place to revive it. There are 5 fairies in the game (NOT the fairies that you can catch!), which are located in great fairy fountains. If you don't know what that is, if you've discovered Kakariko village, find the Tal'noh Naeg shrine (It's on the big hill above the village, there's a path that you can follow to the top!). There will be a forest BEHIND it, and head in there and follow the path. You should see after a small bit, a huge pink flower. After examining it, you'll have to pay 100 rupees to awaken the fairy's power. THIS IS NOT THE ONE THAT REVIVES HORSES. This is just to show you what you should be looking for, because to revive horses, you must speak to the Horse God, AKA a fairy. The Horse God's location is south of the highland stable. There will be a bridge called 'Horse God Bridge' and after crossing it, you'll find the Horse God fairy fountain! There IS a hefty fee of rupees to pay to revive her, though. Horses can die from multiple causes. You yourself can hit it with weapons and kill it, it can fall off bridges and cliffs, and monsters and other enemies can do your horse in as well. Yes, you can ride other things besides horses! Deer and bears can also be ridden.

Back