• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Best device to play ACWW on?

Leeloo55

Cliffhanging floaty thing
Bells
I have a 3DS XL and just received Wild World, and I usually hold down ‘select’ while the game loads in order to give it the original resolution. It’s a great game!

I’m wondering if it looks any better on a different DS device, like the DSi XL or 2DS, etc. Has anyone ever played it on multiple DS iterations?

Thanks for any opinions you feel like sharing!

I love the 3DS XL in general because it makes all Ds games bigger and I have bad eyes. I think WW is also on the Wii U virtual store as well so you can technically play it on the tv as well

Thank you so much for your thoughts! It’s nice to know I’m already using a reasonable option. I love the personalities in this version of Animal Crossing. I really wish New Horizons was just a glossier version of Wild World!

I also have a 3DS XL, and wanted to ask you if the graphics are really stretched out, as in, even more than on the DS? That being said, I believe I have my DS Lite still somewhere, so I can look it up and see if the resolution changes.

I also have a 3DS XL, and wanted to ask you if the graphics are really stretched out, as in, even more than on the DS? That being said, I believe I have my DS Lite still somewhere, so I can look it up and see if the resolution changes.

Yes, I believe the graphics will be slightly stretched out on the 3DS XL unless you hold down the “select” button while the game loads, which will restore the original ACWW resolution, and gives you a perfect square on both bottom and top screens (and leaves you with some blank black area on the top rectangular screen). If you get bored and have time, I’d be curious to know if the game actually looks better on the DS Lite... that was definitely my original question, though I feel like it shouldn’t be noticeably better, now that I’ve read more on the topic. Please let me know if you check it out!

Yes, I believe the graphics will be slightly stretched out on the 3DS XL unless you hold down the “select” button while the game loads, which will restore the original ACWW resolution, and gives you a perfect square on both bottom and top screens (and leaves you with some blank black area on the top rectangular screen). If you get bored and have time, I’d be curious to know if the game actually looks better on the DS Lite... that was definitely my original question, though I feel like it shouldn’t be noticeably better, now that I’ve read more on the topic. Please let me know if you check it out!

Oohh, I will definitely try the select button, thanks! I am not where my lite is right now, but will update you on a few days!

You can play WW on any of the systems and to me it looks fine! I play ACWW on my Wii U though! They have a virtual console version I play but it is very crunchy still. I think personally it looks great on 3DS and DS but on Wii U it does not look good on the big screen. As long as you enjoy it though that is what matters and I hope you are liking AC WW! It was a long time since someone had replied so I hope you really loved WW or you are still playing!!! I sure am still playing all the ac games lol!

Honestly? A good chunky original DS for the ultimate 2005 vibes :'p
But for real, I like to play on a 3DS XL because even though it look a bit blurrier, the huge screen is gentler to my eyesight. The Select trick you do makes it look the same as in a DS, but for some reason it makes me squint my eyes because it feels too small, so if I want to play with the original resolution I just do it on a DS/DS lite

I have heard DSi XL upscales games better than the 3DS, so that might be the best solution (I have never played on one so I can't confirm, but i guess it has anti-aliasing disabled so the graphics look crisp unlike 3DS' blurriness)

Probably a bit too late to respond but since I have been doing the same research and just bought a DSI- thought I'd add. The DSI XL is the only ds console that is guaranteed to have dual ips screens, ds games look fantastic on it, and the build of the device is very high quality. It's probably the most premium feeling handheld device from Nintendo. I would recommend it or the regular dsi. Very crisp and well built.

Late, but just wanted to third the DSi in case anyone's still interested. Out of my DS Lite, DSi, 3DS and 3DS XL the DSi is definitely best choice for this!

This wasn't an option before, but now that the Steam Deck has come out, I think it could be one of the better options to play AC:WW on. I haven't tried it myself yet, but I definitely am interested in doing it soon.

Back