• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Auction Ended

cornymikey said:
BEN said:
Is there still the risk of my game being affected?
your game is most likely already affected. anyone who has a hacked item or invited someone with a hacked item gets "affected". but nothing changes at all. theres no risk.
If nothing changes, how how is the game "affected"? I just dont want my game to get any issues.

BEN said:
cornymikey said:
BEN said:
your game is most likely already affected. anyone who has a hacked item or invited someone with a hacked item gets "affected". but nothing changes at all. theres no risk.
If nothing changes, how how is the game "affected"? I just dont want my game to get any issues.
u wont. about 95% of the people on tbt, including myself have traded w/ ppl who either hacked or bought hacked items. nothing happens. my wii is fine.

cornymikey said:
BEN said:
cornymikey said:
BEN said:
u wont. about 95% of the people on tbt, including myself have traded w/ ppl who either hacked or bought hacked items. nothing happens. my wii is fine.
There is a risk though.

At least thats what I heard.

And if Kimmi hacks, why is he bidding on things when he can get them himself?

Piranha325 said:
cornymikey said:
BEN said:
cornymikey said:
BEN said:
There is a risk though.

u cant get DLC, i think.

cornymikey said:
Piranha325 said:
cornymikey said:
BEN said:
cornymikey said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deep
There is a risk though.

u cant get DLC, i think.
I think someone said you can, but I'm not sure. I'm probably wrong. :p

I am getting confused as to what the risks are, but untill i am sure that there will not be a problem, the current bid will stay with Aceilikcookies for 3mil.

BEN said:
I am getting confused as to what the risks are, but untill i am sure that there will not be a problem, the current bid will stay with Aceilikcookies for 3mil.
They can cause problems, but rarely. I wouldn't take the chance though.

BEN said:
cornymikey said:
BEN said:
You see, there are codes specified for official DLC.
The hacked DLC items take up codes and if Nintendo releases an item that will use that code, you cannot recieve that item.

Let's say the Blue Pikmin Hat (HDLC) took up the code that was meant for the Shamrock Hat. When you receive the Shamrock hat, the item will say Blue Pikmin Hat, and if you wear it, you will see a Blue Pikmin hat.

If you go to a friends town that isn't affected by this code, your friend will see you wearing a Shamrock hat while you will see yourself wearing a Blue Pikmin Hat.

People say it's safe because Nintendo uses tons of codes for DLC and there's only a small chance that it will take up a code of the HDLC. But it's not because there's no guarantee that Nintendo won't release a DLC that uses the code that the HDLC took over.

BEN said:
ok then, im against hacking as well. B) <--- that means you are cool!

TravisTouchdown said:
BEN said:
cornymikey said:
BEN said:
The hacked DLC items take up codes and if Nintendo releases an item that will use that code, you cannot recieve that item.

Let's say the Blue Pikmin Hat (HDLC) took up the code that was meant for the Shamrock Hat. When you receive the Shamrock hat, the item will say Blue Pikmin Hat, and if you wear it, you will see a Blue Pikmin hat.

If you go to a friends town that isn't affected by this code, your friend will see you wearing a Shamrock hat while you will see yourself wearing a Blue Pikmin Hat.

People say it's safe because Nintendo uses tons of codes for DLC and there's only a small chance that it will take up a code of the HDLC. But it's not because there's no guarantee that Nintendo won't release a DLC that uses the code that the HDLC does.
Off-Topic: I'm wondering if this is why I haven't received my Shamrok Hat. Someone on her gave me a Blue Pikmin hat for free when I was new to the game and had no clue it was hacked. :I Damn it.

Piranha325 said:
TravisTouchdown said:
BEN said:
cornymikey said:
BEN said:

People say it's safe because Nintendo uses tons of codes for DLC and there's only a small chance that it will take up a code of the HDLC. But it's not because there's no guarantee that Nintendo won't release a DLC that uses the code that the HDLC does.
Off-Topic: I'm wondering if this is why I haven't received my Shamrok Hat. Someone on her gave me a Blue Pikmin hat for free when I was new to the game and had no clue it was hacked. :I Damn it.
No it's not. Because I've been infected with this code as well, and I see the Shamrock Hat as a Shamrock hat.

Piranha325 said:
TravisTouchdown said:
BEN said:
cornymikey said:
BEN said:

actually, isnt that wrong?

i thought it was that you can only have 256 DLC, so the pikmin hat is taking up a space? well thats what i heard...

Nevermind. I mis-read your post.

So, if I have the blue pikmin hat cataloged (I sold it to Nook) will this mean that my Shamrok hat will appear as the blue pikmin hat?

Piranha325 said:
Nevermind. I mis-read your post.

So, if I have the blue pikmin hat cataloged (I sold it to Nook) will this mean that my Shamrok hat will appear as the blue pikmin hat?
No, you read it fine.
The Shamrock Hat was just an example.

cornymikey said:
Piranha325 said:
TravisTouchdown said:
BEN said:
cornymikey said:

i thought it was that you can only have 256 DLC, so the pikmin hat is taking up a space? well thats what i heard...
There are 256 slots allotted for DLC, but there are tons of codes in the game.

TravisTouchdown said:
cornymikey said:
Piranha325 said:
TravisTouchdown said:
BEN said:

There are 256 slots allotted for DLC, but there are tons of codes in the game.
kk, ill stop posting and messing up BEN's auction now. bye

Still, Im not going to take the chance. The current bid is for 3mil by Aceilikecookies.

Back