AMA Ask Gabby Anything

Hey, since you're one of the oldest members here, would you mind talking about what TBT was like back in your era?

Okay, imagine this: I'm driving a car, 🎲 the front passenger is this blonde chick with a funny accent, 👱‍♀️ the person next to you in the back is a dinosaur who can only whisper 🦖 and we're all going to Taco Bell. I'm obviously getting the Beef Chalupa, 🌮 funny accent lady is getting a Soda, 🥤 the blue dinosaur person is... who knows, I can't hear them! 🤨 Did you hear what they said, blonde passenger lady? No? Yeah, me neither... 😂 ANYWAY, we're going to Taco Bell... What is GABBY getting at Taco Bell? 🦑🍄 (that's a Gabby emoji) *folds my hands, presses my index fingers and thumbs together and presses my fingers against my lips as I squint*

Hey, since you're one of the oldest members here, would you mind talking about what TBT was like back in your era?
Yeah! It's changed in a lot of ways but has also remained the same in some. It was really slow. More close knit, I'd say. Everyone kind of knew everyone. I remember 8 members being on all at once was TBT being *really* active. Sometimes there would be days without a new post or thread. People were more active in the IRC chat and would all kind of gather and chat there.

Wild World was the main game. It was relatively active to meet people on the AC boards and trade items, run around, make friends. I seem to recall you could change the theme of the forum more easily to different grass themes, but I asked Justin about it and he didn't recall it. Maybe Jeremy would remember.

One of the things that is missing that we used to have (that I think would actually be fun) was a roleplaying board. Basically, you could make a thread of like a "diner" or "high school" and you'd roleplay in the thread. I had the "La la Diner". The Disney movie High Sky had recently come out, and there was a really fun RP thread made about it.

Staff and members were all the same. I think there is more of a divide now. There were "local" and "global" moderators - unnecessary ranking very early in the forum. There was a "sage" role (I think a leftover from Nsider), and I remember so desperately wanting to be a sage.
Post automatically merged:

Okay, imagine this: I'm driving a car, 🎲 the front passenger is this blonde chick with a funny accent, 👱‍♀️ the person next to you in the back is a dinosaur who can only whisper 🦖 and we're all going to Taco Bell. I'm obviously getting the Beef Chalupa, 🌮 funny accent lady is getting a Soda, 🥤 the blue dinosaur person is... who knows, I can't hear them! 🤨 Did you hear what they said, blonde passenger lady? No? Yeah, me neither... 😂 ANYWAY, we're going to Taco Bell... What is GABBY getting at Taco Bell? 🦑🍄 (that's a Gabby emoji) *folds my hands, presses my index fingers and thumbs together and presses my fingers against my lips as I squint*

You know, I was just thinking about my taco bell order today. I get a chicken quesadilla with extra jalapeno sauce, a cheesy fiesta potato, and a medium baja blast.

So, what do you usually listen to, music-wise?
Great question. I like a variety. I've been really into vocalists like Amy Winehouse, Aretha Franklin, Beyonce (loving her new album), Etta James, Jill Scott, and Lauryn Hill. I'm a big hiphop/rap fan and have been listening to Kendrick Lamar, Ice Cube, Kid Cudi, Megan the Stallion, among many others. I've recently gotten into early Metallica, and love a lot of harder rock/metal genres. I went to a bluegrass festival last weekend. I've gotten really into house music and other DJs. It really just depends on my mood! I've found something I've liked in just about any genre.

Aside from Animal Crossing, what are some of your favorite video games?
I love city builder games. I played this game called Banished, City Skylines, and Stardew Valley. I've played so much of the classics like Skyrim and Minecraft. I love me some Mario Kart, Super Mario Sunshine, and the Mario Party series. I'm not too much of a Zelda fan but I did love Twilight Princess and BOTW and TOTK. I was a big fan of the Sims when I was younger, so that series holds a special place in my heart, and I also loved the Civilization series (specficially Civ 5).

I don't play anymore but I did play a shameful amount of League of Legends.

Do you have a favorite Animal Crossing villager?
My boy, Punchy!
Acnlvillager66.png

Back