Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Very random question but I've not played the HHD stuff in ages and I saw the spinning tea cups ride in pocket camp and then heard it's actually technically available in new leaf, and according to moridb its available via HHD data, but I was wondering if anyone could expand on that; I probably didn't do the required entry for the data to by on my HHD although I do have a copy with all non time limited things unlocked on it. Is it still possible for me to get it from someone else by directly trading? Or is the only way by getting a physical amiibo card in the mail from someone who has saved the item onto it? I remember thinking that was the only way but that seems very troublesome to go through for an item.

You can trade for them.
That's how I got them.

They are orderable once you have them catalogued. ^_^

My question is, why is it that I see people talking about how the island is such a good place for getting bells? To me, it seems that it’s not a good method since it only usually works at night and just doesn’t give as much money as farming fruit. I’ve been way more successful planting trees. Am I missing something?

My question is, why is it that I see people talking about how the island is such a good place for getting bells? To me, it seems that it’s not a good method since it only usually works at night and just doesn’t give as much money as farming fruit. I’ve been way more successful planting trees. Am I missing something?

It's low effort. I do it pretty much every night and I can get at least a million Bells a night. Fruit takes a few days to regrow. The Island is open 24/7.

Farming fruit isn't anywhere near as profitable as the island.

During the day there's Napolean fish, worth 10k. Marlin, also worth $10k, and Whale Sharks. $13k.

Wear the lucky item, or one of the hats Katrina sells you, either the Tingle Hood, or Celebration hat, and you've got it made.

I have made nearly 160 million bells since last february, and none of that was from fruit.

Last edited:
Hey uh...does somebody knows why some people don't want their visitors to talk to their villagers ? Is there a particular reason to that ?

Hey uh...does somebody knows why some people don't want their visitors to talk to their villagers ? Is there a particular reason to that ?

There's a chance a villager will copy the other villager's clothing article. Many people like it when a villager maintains there 'originality', and it's often hell getting them to change back into their original clothing because the villager will often replace a furniture item and place the clothing in their house instead of wearing it.

There's a chance a villager will copy the other villager's clothing article. Many people like it when a villager maintains there 'originality', and it's often hell getting them to change back into their original clothing because the villager will often replace a furniture item and place the clothing in their house instead of wearing it.

But...what does this have to do with a visitor talking to them..? Like can they copy the clothe of the person who visits the town aswell ?

But...what does this have to do with a visitor talking to them..? Like can they copy the clothe of the person who visits the town aswell ?

Oooh.. visitors. I need to read things more clearly. XD

Basically the same applies, they want to keep their originality. If a visitor talks to them, they'll start mentioning them while offline to the player. Some people just don't like that.

I never let anyone talk to my villagers, as they will talk about that person every day - forever.
Like they did in WW.

I have what may be a couple of silly questions. Does Jack the Czar of Halloween have or give out a pic in ACNL? I recently received Isabelle's pic and that got me wondering about the other NPCs. I remembered that I received a piece of the Creepy Set from Jack in his letter. If he does have a pic, how do I go about obtaining it? Also, are there other NPC that don't have pics? Thanks!

Not sure if this can be found out in the game but. Is there a way to find out exactly how many days/hours I've played?

Nvm found the activity log. Thought I was closer to 300/300 but I'm not.

Last edited:
How do you obtain furnitures from the gold and the sloppy sets ?

How do you obtain furnitures from the gold and the sloppy sets ?

For Golden, give Cyrus 3 gold nuggets plus $10k.

The Sloppy Set appears randomly in Re-Tail, and the Police Station.

Though I've never seen it in the Police Station, only in Re-Tail.

Some villagers own some of it, and Wendell has some in his RV. ^_^

Do characters make any references to older Nintendo games other than Rover's 2002 comment and Gulliver mentioning Rogueport?

Do characters make any references to older Nintendo games other than Rover's 2002 comment and Gulliver mentioning Rogueport?

I've never noticed the villagers or characters referencing other games but I haven't played the game in a while so maybe I forgot...

Back