Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Will all villagers be awake in your dream town?
Let's say I update my dream address at 5am and normally all villagers are asleep but are dream towns are exception to this?

I don't have a dream town, but I've visited towns that were clearly updated at night and all villagers seem to be awake.

I don't have a dream town, but I've visited towns that were clearly updated at night and all villagers seem to be awake.

im sorry please forgive me but every time i scroll by your avi, i am instantly reminded of the blonde guy from el dorado. up till yesterday i actually thought it was him

You mean the custom patterns? You have to unlock the QR machine by talking to the sister in the back who is always sewing (I forgot her name) for several days in a row. Eventually you will unlock the machine and you can use it to read other patterns someone has made.

no - i meant like getting to display someone else patterns. i know theres a website called thumlina or something but i just can figure it out. . .

Will all villagers be awake in your dream town?
Let's say I update my dream address at 5am and normally all villagers are asleep but are dream towns are exception to this?

I see it as 'awake' as the once that will be asleep usually at the hour the dreamtown is updated will say something like 'I'm having the weirdest dream' or 'everything looks so dreamy' or something similiar, so they are sleep-walking but awake? If that makes sense lol

I've read in some other threads that if you have problems with visitors at your town or at the island, you can turn off your wifi. I did a search but couldn't find it. How do I do this and how do I know if someonee has done it to me?

Three times when I was at the island I suddenly got an error and appered back at my dock and lost all of my stuff from the island.

I've read in some other threads that if you have problems with visitors at your town or at the island, you can turn off your wifi. I did a search but couldn't find it. How do I do this and how do I know if someonee has done it to me?

Three times when I was at the island I suddenly got an error and appered back at my dock and lost all of my stuff from the island.

There is a wi-fi switch on the right upper side of your 3DS, it has a light-green colour light when it is on, if something happens just turn it off. When you get an error, someone hit the wi-fi switch or they have an unstable internet connection.
Edit: The New 3DS has no wi-fi switch, so you?d need to turn off the game or system.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I already know this but in my first town I only used my Mayor character about 98% of the time. So I'm asking just to be sure.

1) In order for each character to use the QR machine in Able Sisters does each character have to befriend Sable to unlock it? Rather than just one?

2) Can only the mayor character get town project suggestions from villagers?

3) If the Mayor spends 4000ish bells at Able sisters and a second non-mayor character also spends 4000ish bells does this count as having spent 8000ish bells to unlock Kicks?

I'm pretty sure I already know this but in my first town I only used my Mayor character about 98% of the time. So I'm asking just to be sure.

1) In order for each character to use the QR machine in Able Sisters does each character have to befriend Sable to unlock it? Rather than just one?

2) Can only the mayor character get town project suggestions from villagers?

3) If the Mayor spends 4000ish bells at Able sisters and a second non-mayor character also spends 4000ish bells does this count as having spent 8000ish bells to unlock Kicks?

1) Each player has to befriend Sable
2)Yes, only the mayor
3)I think every player contributes to the amount they spent for the upgrade

If I only have 8 villagers, when would a villager randomly move in? It's already been 2 days since I've had 8 villagers but no one has plotted their house yet.

If I only have 8 villagers, when would a villager randomly move in? It's already been 2 days since I've had 8 villagers but no one has plotted their house yet.

It can be up to seven days before a 9th villager will move in. On the 7th day you're guaranteed to have a 9th if one hasn't moved in already.

I believe it can take up to seven days and the probability increases with each day.

EDIT: Oops, a little too late. :*

Last edited:
I started my cycling town today. I signed off on n ordinance, so I think I did all the main tutorial stuff from Isabelle. I have 9 villagers, and I want to get one in boxes so I can start cycling, but I can't! :( any tips?

Does just catching and releasing still count towards badges? :confused: I imagine it does, just wondering if there's some weird game logic I don't know about ;P

There is a wi-fi switch on the right upper side of your 3DS, it has a light-green colour light when it is on, if something happens just turn it off. When you get an error, someone hit the wi-fi switch or they have an unstable internet connection.
Edit: The New 3DS has no wi-fi switch, so you?d need to turn off the game or system.

I have a new 3ds but I do see a switch in that spot. Thanks.

Back