Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Does anyone know if villagers can display villager pictures in their house? I think that would be too cute.

Hi! anyone knows if you can have a digital copy and play a physical copy of the game on the same 3DS?

Hi! anyone knows if you can have a digital copy and play a physical copy of the game on the same 3DS?

Yes you can. Physical copies saves your data to the cartridge itself while a digital copy saves its data to the SD card.

Why do spork/crackle have different names in different regions??

I think that different names suit different languages better, or that the name means something unformal in other regions. It also just can have no particular reason lol.

I have three games, two physical and one digital. If I have one town with 10 people and I visit someone with a villager in their void, does it clear their void? Will I be safe to then play with the same person on a town with less than 10 villagers and not receive their villager?

I have three games, two physical and one digital. If I have one town with 10 people and I visit someone with a villager in their void, does it clear their void? Will I be safe to then play with the same person on a town with less than 10 villagers and not receive their villager?

I believe that to clear voids, that person with someone in -their- void has to visit someone else with 10 villagers.
Like if I had a move out and had 9, I would clear my void by visiting a few people with 10 villagers. You have to visit at least twice though, as I've still gotten voided villagers from someone who visited a town with 10, so make sure this person visits a couple times.

can someone walk me through step by step to get other patterns in with the able sisters? or can someone do it for me ;-; i am SO confused on this. . .

can someone walk me through step by step to get other patterns in with the able sisters? or can someone do it for me ;-; i am SO confused on this. . .

You mean the custom patterns? You have to unlock the QR machine by talking to the sister in the back who is always sewing (I forgot her name) for several days in a row. Eventually you will unlock the machine and you can use it to read other patterns someone has made.

I know on the older 3DS this was possible with just a toggle switch but I'm on the N3DS and would like to know what to do if, and thankfully this hasn't happened yet, somebody were to do stuff I don't like while visiting.

I know on the older 3DS this was possible with just a toggle switch but I'm on the N3DS and would like to know what to do if, and thankfully this hasn't happened yet, somebody were to do stuff I don't like while visiting.
Pretty sure you just have to press the power button. You can then return to the home menu and start up your game again. Takes a bit longer than simply flipping a switch, but I'd say it's worth it if somebody is about to do.. unpleasant stuff.

Which items give me more storage space? I have lots of chests and wardrobes, but they just... Kinda connect to each other? I need more space, demnit! A hoarder like me cannot simply let go of these things.

Does anyone know another way of having more space other than making a new character and expanding your house and museum?

Which items give me more storage space? I have lots of chests and wardrobes, but they just... Kinda connect to each other? I need more space, demnit! A hoarder like me cannot simply let go of these things.

Does anyone know another way of having more space other than making a new character and expanding your house and museum?

Nope. You either use the museum exhibits, side characters or get rid of your stuff. Or if you can, bury/drop stuff on/in the ground.

There aren't any items that give you more storage space, there's just the wardrobes and chests that give you more space than your inventory, but they're linked together like you've discovered. The only point in getting specific ones or multiples is just to decorate your house or put them in a room where you can access them more quickly and so on. Otherwise, you could even just not get any of them and use the locker in the station because it'd be the same thing.

The only real way to get more storage space is to make extra characters and get the museum, sorry.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't know if you can visit them or if they have to visit you.

In any case, people used to say that but nowadays more people say that you can't clear your void at all (since there's only a chance that a voided villager would even try to move to someone's town or whatever). To be on the safe side you could have your friend visit multiple people with full towns or try to pass it on on purpose to someone who wants that villager. That should at least decrease your chances.

Will all villagers be awake in your dream town?
Let's say I update my dream address at 5am and normally all villagers are asleep but are dream towns are exception to this?

Back