• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Are you planting too many of them in a row? Are they too close to rocks or buildings? I assume not since you've said you're following the general rules for planting trees but I'm asking just in case. Also, remember that you can't plant cedars (I think it is) in the southern half of your town, so if any of those saplings are cedar saplings and that's where you're planting them, that could be it.
There's enough space between them all and they're all in the northern half.
It's always a different sapling(s) dying so that's why I'm wondering if I'm just planting too many trees at the same time or something

I've been told that if someone talks to your villagers while visiting your Dream Town, they might mention this person to you. I was wondering what exactly triggers this. More precisely; how does the game "know" someone has visited your Dream Town and has talked to your villagers? I'm assuming that you need to connect to the internet for that, but is it just switching on your WIFI or do you actually need to visit the Dream Suite or...?

They know that someone has visited your town because the dream towns are online, which is why you need to connect to your wifi to use the dream suite and can visit them even if their owner is offline.

I don't have a DA so I don't know exactly what it's like when villagers tell you about visitors but from what I understand, they tell you in regular conversations so I don't think you need to visit the dream suite. They probably get that data when you switch your wifi.

There's enough space between them all and they're all in the northern half.
It's always a different sapling(s) dying so that's why I'm wondering if I'm just planting too many trees at the same time or something

You should check out these:

Part One: http://animal-xing-3ds.livejournal.com/126262.html
Part Two: http://animal-xing-3ds.livejournal.com/126850.html

And remember, you can only fit 15 plants in a 7x7. If you add another, it will die. If you're planting them all at the same time, a random one will die on the inside. Staggering is your friend! Unless you decorate with perfect fruit trees. Then just never shake them. Good luck!

Last edited:
If I have Streetpass notifications turned off, can other people still pick up villagers from my void when they visit me?

Can I put trees on the near the edge of a cliff? Silly lil Rosie plotted her house RIGHT next to my camping site... ugh. I want to make a border so it at least looks somewhat secluded.

Last edited:
If I have Streetpass notifications turned off, can other people still pick up villagers from my void when they visit me?

No. People can still get your voided villagers if they visit your town and vice versa.
When you turn off Streetpass, you won't be able to get the voided villagers of those you've streetpassed.

Can I put trees on the near the edge of a cliff? Silly lil Rosie plotted her house RIGHT next to my camping site... ugh. I want to make a border so it at least looks somewhat secluded.

So long as it is one space away from the cliff and any other building/pwp then yes.

Yes. If you switch off Streetpass entirely, that means they can't pick them up via Streetpass, but they can pick them up if you wifi with them.

How would I go about cycling when I have 9 villagers and 7 of them are dreamies?
Do I just cycle and wait until one of the ones I don't want, wants to move out?

Does inviting campsite villagers to move in count as cycling as well?

Can secondary characters (meaning: not your mayor) get all of the villager pictures? I just went to get them on a second character and after the fourth one Blancha said she was done and left. What gives?

Can secondary characters (meaning: not your mayor) get all of the villager pictures? I just went to get them on a second character and after the fourth one Blancha said she was done and left. What gives?

Secondary characters can obtain all pictures. Blanca left because you didn?t introduce your second character to the villagers.

How would I go about cycling when I have 9 villagers and 7 of them are dreamies?
Do I just cycle and wait until one of the ones I don't want, wants to move out?

Does inviting campsite villagers to move in count as cycling as well?
Yes, that means you can only cycle with those two villagers. You can speed up the process slightly by getting a 10th non-dreamie so you have three villagers to cycle with.

Inviting villagers into your town never counts as cycling, it's about moving them out. So you can move in someone from the campsite, but to succesfully cycle them, they need to move out of your town again. But if your question simply was if you can use campsite villagers for cycling as well, then yes, you can. :)

Secondary characters can obtain all pictures. Blanca left because you didn?t introduce your second character to the villagers.

Oh, hmm...that could be it, I just made my second characters and don't play them really. If I talk to all my villagers before doing starting event can I get them or would it be too late to do that on the day of?

Oh, hmm...that could be it, I just made my second characters and don't play them really. If I talk to all my villagers before doing starting event can I get them or would it be too late to do that on the day of?

Just introduce your second player to the villagers, and THEN talk to Blanca.

okay so i keep planting non-native perfect fruit, but the trees just grow as the regular fruit and not perfect ;-;
how can i get the fruit to plant as perfect?

Back