Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I need help with this ASAP:

https://www.belltreeforums.com/thre...-your-town-today.73607/page-689#post-10026743

I talked to Apollo multiple times and he's not saying anything about moving out of my town, yet three of my villagers told me earlier that he was thinking of moving out. If this was true, that's the first thing he would tell me, right? I would just tell me if he wanted to move out, right? I've talked to him several times afterward and he never said anything about moving. He even rewarded me a stripe bathroom sink after found him on the beach and delivered a package to him from another villager. And showed me the first letter I wrote to him. And just overall talked about the developings friendships in the town. Nothing about moving out. Could it be a fake rumour? I sure hope it is. I don't want any of my nine villagers moving out of my town. I never connected wih other players online (precisely so i can't lose my NPC villagers and so no one can mess up my town) so it can't possibly related to that. I also heard online that if a villager is thinking of moving out you will not see him in any store (I don't know if that's true) and I have seen Apollo in a store today. I don't understand what's going on here, I get rumours about him wanting to move him, yet nothing in his words or attitude to me indicate that he wants to move out (and I certainly don't want any of my villagers to move out).

What should I think of this? Do fake rumours of someone moving happen sometimes? Was it all a big misunderstanding on Aurora's, Victoria's and Goose's part?

Is there still a chance he might move out even if he doesn't seem to even be thinking about it when I interact with him?

I feel crappy because I had dental surgery yeesterday and now my jaw hurts (stiffness and soreness, any dental procedure that requires you to keep your mouth open for an extended period can result in jaw soreness and stiffness due to muscle strain) and there's swelling (after a tooth is extracted you may experience some swelling around the mouth, cheeks, eyes and sides of the face. This is the body’s normal and healthy reaction to surgery, most swelling will not become apparent until the day following surgery and will not reach its maximum until 48 to 72 hours post-operatively). The pain is getting on my nerves and I have to eat nothing but freaking apple sauce for three days instead of a healthy balance diet. :cry:

As if that wasn't bad enough, and it makes me feel even more crappy, there's rumours about one of my villagers wanting to move out of my town, though said villager doesn't show any sign (in words and attitude when I interact with him) of wanting to leave my town or that the friendship we developed a week ago has changed in any way. So I now get conflicted messages from my villagers.

Please folks get back to me on this ASAP. I DON'T want my villager to move out of my town and I've been crying so much my eyes are all puffy. 😭

Please tell me what the heck is going on here and what I'm supposed to think and do. Did Aurora, Victory and Goose got it wrong and was it all a big misuderstanding? Because why would they tell me this if Apollo has no intention of moving out of my town? Should I worry about this? Why wouldn't Apollo just tell me if he wanted to move out of my town? Or is it that he never wanted to move out and the others misundertood? Whatever the case may be, all of this make me feel crappy. Please folks talk to me, everything seem to go from bad to worse today and I'm having a bad day and just a few words from you might actually help me.
No need to panic. Just save and quit and reload your game and find Apollo as soon as you can after you reload. He should ping you with the move-out request. If you don't find Apollo before another villager pings you for something else, just save, quit, and reload again until Apollo pings you.

No need to panic. Just save and quit and reload your game and find Apollo as soon as you can after you reload. He should ping you with the move-out request. If you don't find Apollo before another villager pings you for something else, just save, quit, and reload again until Apollo pings you.

Yeah, I found the exact same instructions online somewhere and it worked. He pinged me and I managed to convince him to stay. I'm so happy he's not leaving (I don't want any of my nine villagers to move, I like my friends). 😭

I came across this today:

https://www.gameinformer.com/b/feat...use-qr-codes-in-animal-crossing-new-leaf.aspx

Do you think those Qr codes for clothes online are real or fake?:

If used will those Qr codes give you those clothes in ACNL? Why does it seem like most of those Qr codes are for skirts and dresses (I'm one of those chicks who prefer pants or Bermuda shorts), why aren't there more Qr codes for pants and Bermuda shorts? How does it work exactly? Also, how are you supposed to use the sewing machine when one of the sister is constantly using it? I started the "game" just two weeks ago so there are things I don't yet know about, even if I did a lot of research online even when I was waiting for my copy of the "game" in the mail.

Do you have AC tunes stuck in your head sometimes? I do. Sometimes it's cool and sometimes it's annoying.

These days I have those tunes stuck in my head:

What about you?

Edit:

July just started, I think I'm gonna hunt for those:

https://www.ign.com/wikis/animal-crossing-new-leaf/July_Bugs

I caught a Cicada Shell just a minute ago...

Last edited:
Yeah, I found the exact same instructions online somewhere and it worked. He pinged me and I managed to convince him to stay. I'm so happy he's not leaving (I don't want any of my nine villagers to move, I like my friends). 😭

I came across this today:

https://www.gameinformer.com/b/feat...use-qr-codes-in-animal-crossing-new-leaf.aspx

Do you think those Qr codes for clothes online are real or fake?:

If used will those Qr codes give you those clothes in ACNL? Why does it seem like most of those Qr codes are for skirts and dresses (I'm one of those chicks who prefer pants or Bermuda shorts), why aren't there more Qr codes for pants and Bermuda shorts? How does it work exactly? Also, how are you supposed to use the sewing machine when one of the sister is constantly using it? I started the "game" just two weeks ago so there are things I don't yet know about, even if I did a lot of research online even when I was waiting for my copy of the "game" in the mail.

Do you have AC tunes stuck in your head sometimes? I do. Sometimes it's cool and sometimes it's annoying.

These days I have those tunes stuck in my head:

What about you?

Edit:

July just started, I think I'm gonna hunt for those:

https://www.ign.com/wikis/animal-crossing-new-leaf/July_Bugs

I caught a Cicada Shell just a minute ago...
I've never encountered any fake QR codes. They should all be real. I have found some that wouldn't scan properly because the image was too blurry, but that's it.

You can only make clothing patterns for shirts, dresses, hats and umbrellas. You can't create patterns for bottoms like pants or shorts, so that's why you can't find any.

The things about medals, I've read in several places. So either is a false myth, or something is not working properly in my town:
So... it's been three months exactly. Has anyone found an answer, please? About why this feature doesn't seem to work in my game?

So... it's been three months exactly. Has anyone found an answer, please? About why this feature doesn't seem to work in my game?
I never noticed any changes in the amount of medals that I could earn for doing the same tour. I think I started off with only easy tours available, which award fewer medals, and after a while the moderate and hard tours became available, which awarded more medals due to the increased difficulty. I don't know if that's what is being referenced.

Oops, sorry. Apparently, it has something to do with the Bell Boom Ordinance and I've never used that. I'm afraid I don't know anything about it.

I wanted to start my fourth pwp (the first three are the campsite, the fire hydrant, and Club LOL, for that last one I have to wait 7 to 10 days I've been told), a foutnain. But I'll need to ask in the questions thread, because I can't seem to be able to find a good spot for the fountain. When I choose a spot, Isabelle always say that it's too close to something (too close to the Town Hall, too close to the Event Place, too close to the river, etc), so I had to freaking cancel the project (temporarily), this won't do. I wanted it to be close to the Town Hall building, I don't want it to be in the middle of nowhere. And after the fountain (my fourth pwp), I want to add the yellow bench (my fifth pwp). And I want the bench to be facing the foutain, so when I and my villagers sit and relax on the bench (whether it's daytime or nighttime) we can look at the beautiful fountain. But I can't seem to find a spot big enough for a fountain and a bench and a spot that's not "too close to something".

If I can't find help and advices on the Tree Bell Forum, I won't be able to get the ball rolling on my 4th and 5th pwps, even if I now have the perfect method to get enough money (more than enough and then some) to cover the costs of those pwps (see the video and the post here):

https://www.belltreeforums.com/thre...-your-town-today.73607/page-690#post-10029678

If someone could give me a link to a Youtube video or a website where I can see the finished product, the fully upgraded house, with all the rooms (1st floor, second floor, basement, etc) so I can make plans and decide what I'm going to do with each of my six rooms and where in the house will each of my room be (example, kitchen is going to be the left room, bathroom is going to be the right room, x room is going to be in the back, x room is going to be in the basement, etc), that would be really appreciated. It would help me plan ahead of time. All I know for now is that I want my kitchen to be on the left, I want my living room to be in the basement (I'm gonna have a sofa, a flat screen TV, a popcorn machine and a soft drink fountain or soft drink display in there), and I want to turn one of my rooms into a study room where one can study and read. I'm going to have a bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, living room, study room (that's why I'm after items like the library wallpaper, the exquisite rug, the large book shelf, the large magazine rack, the stacks of books, the homework set, the home computer rack, the writing desk, the writing chair, the desk lamp, the microscope, the telescope, the CD player, and the CD Shelf), and the sixth room I will change it depending on my mood and what I want any given time (it will be a backyard-themed room complete with a swimming pool and bbq and beach chair, a game room with video games and sport games and cool toys like a dart board game or puzzle game... or a kind of greenhouse room with a lot of plants and flowers... and it will be subject to change).

See my post here:

https://www.belltreeforums.com/thre...-your-town-today.73607/page-690#post-10030352

Also they've got cool Aloha shirts on the island. I wish I could get those. Are there are any medal mini-games that don't require diving into the ocean with a wet suit? I ain't going in there, not even if you paid me a billion dollars. There are jellyfishes, sharks, and piranhas in there (which is why I collect bugs, fishes and painting but chose to forgo the sea creatures). Those are everywhere in the waters and they scare the crap out of me. I wouldn't go diving in there during the day, let alone at night when everything is dark and you can't see your hand in front of your face underwater. I could be jumped by something.

Speaking of being jumped, I was shaking the trees earlier, for money and the free pieces of furnitures (one of them was a doghouse and the other an incense burner, don't ask me how those items got there), and I had my bug net out in case I was attacked by bees, and believe it or not a freaking tarentula jumped me and attacked me from behind, I didn't even see it coming, by the time I saw it it was too late and I regained consciousness on my front porch. God I had cowards that attack you from behind. Come back here and fight me like a man... erm, I mean a spider?... Tarentula: 3, Me: 0. The first time it ran away before I could do anything, the second time it attacked me from the front after I swung my bug net in an attempt to catch it and missed, the third time it jumped me from behind. I've had it with this freaking creature. Also, why does the game classify them as bugs or insects? Spiders are arachnids. They differ from insects in having only two parts to the body, eight legs not six, six or eight eyes (two in insects) and spinnerets on their abdomens that produce silk. Also, scorpions are not bugs or insects either. Scorpions are invertebrates but are not considered insects. Scorpions, along with ticks, mites, harvestmen and spiders, are called arachnida. They are arachnids, not bugs or insects. And they are distant cousins of spiders. Scorpions and insects share similarities but possess clear differences. Both belong to the group of animals known as arthropods which have an exoskeleton like spiders, mites, ticks, centipedes, millipedes and crustaceans to name a few. They both have jointed appendages and grow through the process of molting where they shed their skin. Even though they are related, they belong to very distinctly different groups. Scorpions are animals in the order Scorpiones, under the class Arachnida, which makes them a distant cousin of spiders. Scorpions have eight legs, while insects have six. Scorpions have two body segments while insects have three. Scorpions do not possess antennae and never develop wings—a fact that many people appreciate. Scorpions do not possess antennae. Anyone who educate themselves by reading books and googling stuff know that. Why didn't the creators of the game bothered to get their facts straight on tarentulas and scorpions? They got the bugs and fishes' descriptions and history in the museum right, why didn't they get THIS right?

Also how do I catch the damn thing? I have to donate one to my museum. Please tell me that this thing doesn't attack you when you visit the museum room where it is, like the mosquito does (and probably the flea too). I don't want agressive bloodsucking parasites in my museum who will attack me when I visit a room and sit on a chair and try to relax there and just take the time to appreciate my museum, so I'm not going to donate a mosquito and/or a flea. And if the tarentula or the scorpion attacks you when you visit the museum room like the bloodsucking parasites do, then I'm not gonna bother to try and catch them because I won't donate them to my museum. Also, as a precaution I don't make any sudden movement when I walk near the bee in my museum, you never know, but otherwise she just leave me alone and doesn't chase me around the room.

Can you tell me if those are reliable and helpful advices?:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/69363775

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/67081357

Also, where can I get a list (online) of all the bugs and fishes that appear or don't appear when it's rainy? I noticed that a lot of bugs don't show up when it's rainy. Sometimes the weather is against you and you can't complete an initiative and get the Meow coupons on time, it's stupid that the game punishes you for something you have no control over like the weather. Also, rainy season is supposed to be over, yet it rained non-stop those past three days. And it rained for days where I live in my world. When will it ever end? I'm fed up with the rain. At least it means that we won't have another scorching hot summer this year, and most of the summer has been rainy and breezy. Thank God the scorching heat is gone for now. That means I don't have to use air conditiong that much and my eczema is less worse when the weather is not scorching hot and damp.

Thanks in advance for your help with ACNL and answering my questions, folks, it is really appreciated...

Last edited:
Also, why does the game classify them as bugs or insects? Spiders are arachnids. They differ from insects in having only two parts to the body, eight legs not six, six or eight eyes (two in insects) and spinnerets on their abdomens that produce silk. Also, scorpions are not bugs or insects either. Scorpions are invertebrates but are not considered insects. Scorpions, along with ticks, mites, harvestmen and spiders, are called arachnida. They are arachnids, not bugs or insects. And they are distant cousins of spiders. Scorpions and insects share similarities but possess clear differences.

I'm only going to answer to this little bit, because I think (in all good faith) that you're taking it way too seriously. AC is supposed to be a relaxing game!
Secondly, I play the game in Spanish, so I actually bothered to check it out and found that this applies to English as well. The term 'bug' is not scientific, it's for a wider generic use ('bicho' in Spanish). That's why the game correctly classifies those animals as bugs, not insects, that one being a descriptive scientific term. Basically, any nasty crawlie thing would be a bug. Snails are included too, if you noticed? And I know very well they aren't insects, they are molluscs, yet they're still bugs.

Here's what your Wikipedia friend says as well:

[Bug may refer to] More broadly, any of many small, primarily terrestrial invertebrates, such as

I wanted to start my fourth pwp (the first three are the campsite, the fire hydrant, and Club LOL, for that last one I have to wait 7 to 10 days I've been told), a foutnain. But I'll need to ask in the questions thread, because I can't seem to be able to find a good spot for the fountain. When I choose a spot, Isabelle always say that it's too close to something (too close to the Town Hall, too close to the Event Place, too close to the river, etc), so I had to freaking cancel the project (temporarily), this won't do. I wanted it to be close to the Town Hall building, I don't want it to be in the middle of nowhere. And after the fountain (my fourth pwp), I want to add the yellow bench (my fifth pwp). And I want the bench to be facing the foutain, so when I and my villagers sit and relax on the bench (whether it's daytime or nighttime) we can look at the beautiful fountain. But I can't seem to find a spot big enough for a fountain and a bench and a spot that's not "too close to something".

If I can't find help and advices on the Tree Bell Forum, I won't be able to get the ball rolling on my 4th and 5th pwps, even if I now have the perfect method to get enough money (more than enough and then some) to cover the costs of those pwps (see the video and the post here):

https://www.belltreeforums.com/thre...-your-town-today.73607/page-690#post-10029678

If someone could give me a link to a Youtube video or a website where I can see the finished product, the fully upgraded house, with all the rooms (1st floor, second floor, basement, etc) so I can make plans and decide what I'm going to do with each of my six rooms and where in the house will each of my room be (example, kitchen is going to be the left room, bathroom is going to be the right room, x room is going to be in the back, x room is going to be in the basement, etc), that would be really appreciated. It would help me plan ahead of time. All I know for now is that I want my kitchen to be on the left, I want my living room to be in the basement (I'm gonna have a sofa, a flat screen TV, a popcorn machine and a soft drink fountain or soft drink display in there), and I want to turn one of my rooms into a study room where one can study and read. I'm going to have a bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, living room, study room (that's why I'm after items like the library wallpaper, the exquisite rug, the large book shelf, the large magazine rack, the stacks of books, the homework set, the home computer rack, the writing desk, the writing chair, the desk lamp, the microscope, the telescope, the CD player, and the CD Shelf), and the sixth room I will change it depending on my mood and what I want any given time (it will be a backyard-themed room complete with a swimming pool and bbq and beach chair, a game room with video games and sport games and cool toys like a dart board game or puzzle game... or a kind of greenhouse room with a lot of plants and flowers... and it will be subject to change).

See my post here:

https://www.belltreeforums.com/thre...-your-town-today.73607/page-690#post-10030352

Also they've got cool Aloha shirts on the island. I wish I could get those. Are there are any medal mini-games that don't require diving into the ocean with a wet suit? I ain't going in there, not even if you paid me a billion dollars. There are jellyfishes, sharks, and piranhas in there (which is why I collect bugs, fishes and painting but chose to forgo the sea creatures). Those are everywhere in the waters and they scare the crap out of me. I wouldn't go diving in there during the day, let alone at night when everything is dark and you can't see your hand in front of your face underwater. I could be jumped by something.

Speaking of being jumped, I was shaking the trees earlier, for money and the free pieces of furnitures (one of them was a doghouse and the other an incense burner, don't ask me how those items got there), and I had my bug net out in case I was attacked by bees, and believe it or not a freaking tarentula jumped me and attacked me from behind, I didn't even see it coming, by the time I saw it it was too late and I regained consciousness on my front porch. God I had cowards that attack you from behind. Come back here and fight me like a man... erm, I mean a spider?... Tarentula: 3, Me: 0. The first time it ran away before I could do anything, the second time it attacked me from the front after I swung my bug net in an attempt to catch it and missed, the third time it jumped me from behind. I've had it with this freaking creature. Also, why does the game classify them as bugs or insects? Spiders are arachnids. They differ from insects in having only two parts to the body, eight legs not six, six or eight eyes (two in insects) and spinnerets on their abdomens that produce silk. Also, scorpions are not bugs or insects either. Scorpions are invertebrates but are not considered insects. Scorpions, along with ticks, mites, harvestmen and spiders, are called arachnida. They are arachnids, not bugs or insects. And they are distant cousins of spiders. Scorpions and insects share similarities but possess clear differences. Both belong to the group of animals known as arthropods which have an exoskeleton like spiders, mites, ticks, centipedes, millipedes and crustaceans to name a few. They both have jointed appendages and grow through the process of molting where they shed their skin. Even though they are related, they belong to very distinctly different groups. Scorpions are animals in the order Scorpiones, under the class Arachnida, which makes them a distant cousin of spiders. Scorpions have eight legs, while insects have six. Scorpions have two body segments while insects have three. Scorpions do not possess antennae and never develop wings—a fact that many people appreciate. Scorpions do not possess antennae. Anyone who educate themselves by reading books and googling stuff know that. Why didn't the creators of the game bothered to get their facts straight on tarentulas and scorpions? They got the bugs and fishes' descriptions and history in the museum right, why didn't they get THIS right?

Also how do I catch the damn thing? I have to donate one to my museum. Please tell me that this thing doesn't attack you when you visit the museum room where it is, like the mosquito does (and probably the flea too). I don't want agressive bloodsucking parasites in my museum who will attack me when I visit a room and sit on a chair and try to relax there and just take the time to appreciate my museum, so I'm not going to donate a mosquito and/or a flea. And if the tarentula or the scorpion attacks you when you visit the museum room like the bloodsucking parasites do, then I'm not gonna bother to try and catch them because I won't donate them to my museum. Also, as a precaution I don't make any sudden movement when I walk near the bee in my museum, you never know, but otherwise she just leave me alone and doesn't chase me around the room.

Can you tell me if those are reliable and helpful advices?:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/69363775

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/67081357

Also, where can I get a list (online) of all the bugs and fishes that appear or don't appear when it's rainy? I noticed that a lot of bugs don't show up when it's rainy. Sometimes the weather is against you and you can't complete an initiative and get the Meow coupons on time, it's stupid that the game punishes you for something you have no control over like the weather. Also, rainy season is supposed to be over, yet it rained non-stop those past three days. And it rained for days where I live in my world. When will it ever end? I'm fed up with the rain. At least it means that we won't have another scorching hot summer this year, and most of the summer has been rainy and breezy. Thank God the scorching heat is gone for now. That means I don't have to use air conditiong that much and my eczema is less worse when the weather is not scorching hot and damp.

Thanks in advance for your help with ACNL and answering my questions, folks, it is really appreciated...
A word of advice for this thread: you're more likely to get help from people if you get straight to the question(s) you're trying to ask instead of telling people the entire backstory of why you need help. Anyways, answers to some of your questions:

• PWPs need to be at least 2 spaces away from houses and other PWPs, though they need to be further away from larger landmarks like the town plaza. You can just keep asking Isabelle at different spaces to see where a PWP is eligible to be built.
  • When you fully expand your house, every room will be 8 x 8 spaces. The only difference between rooms is the entrance and window positioning. Here is a video showing an example of the different rooms:
  • Most island tours do not involve diving. The ones that involve diving should be fairly obvious. Also, diving isn't dangerous. Sharks will be scared off if you swim close to them. Jellyfish can stun you, but that doesn't actually hurt your character and is just an minor annoyance having to mash your way out of the stun.
  • The best way to catch Tarantulas and scorpions is to carefully sneak up on them and stop when they are hissing at you, then keep creeping towards them when they are not hissing until you are close enough to hit them with your net. That's much easier than trying to time your net swing as they charge at you.
  • The mosquito is the only bug that attacks you in the museum. Bees, tarantulas, and scorpions will leave you alone.

Maybe you, folks, can help me figure out this gibberish. It's all freaking nonsense. I don't know why I even bother. I'm bored to death because of the forced confinement that has been lasting for over 17 months now, so I might as well just go along with it, even if I roll my eyes and shake my head the whole time.

That's what Katrina the fortune-teller told me:

"A stall at the summer festival. I see the owner gritting his teeth as you win over and over again. From this place, I can see the signs. Oh yes, I can. I see good fortune upon items. Cute top. This item will be the key to truly unlocking your good fortune. May happiness find you and yours. And remember that bad times are just times that are bad."

Let's break this down.

"A stall at the summer festival."

What freaking summer festival? The only important event in summer, and I did my research online, is the Summer Solstice Day which happened happened over two weeks ago.

And I found this:

https://animalcrossing.fandom.com/wiki/Festivale#In_New_Leaf

But all of those festivals happen in winter, except for the one taking place in March during the Spring season.

There isn't any summer festival. I did my research online and came up with nothing. Also, I though Katrina read you your fortune for the current day. If there was a summer festival today, the bulletin board would say so, there would be an anouncement. Unless she's talking about Tanabata/Star-Crossed Day? But that only takes place in Japan. For anyone who lives outside of Japan the event will not unlock or take place. But I doubt that's what she was talking about. I haven't seen any of the AC website call this holiday a "summer festival".

"Cute top. This item will be the key to truly unlocking your good fortune."

Cute top? Like any of them? Because she didn't bother to name a specific one.

"And remember that bad times are just times that are bad."

(Sarcastic). No kidding. You don't say!?

That's the third time she read me my fortune, and it's still gibberish and too vague for my tastes.

Folks, if you can decipher this and you find out what it says, please let me know. I'm bored and if I can win at a "summer festival" over and over again and get some good prizes I'm all for it, so please let me know what she's talking about.

Oh, they're building Shampoodle! Finally!

Edit:

While you're at it, folks, can you please give me a link to a Youtube video that explains how the second floor of the museum works, how to make exhibits, what you can buy there and all that stuff?

Thanks in advance.

Edit:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/66493158

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/66631555

https://www.belltreeforums.com/threads/public-works-projects-rotation.387858/

This kind of thing is just infuriating. It's stupid that they will let you rotate some structures (like the furnitures in your home, and the black cube pwp from what I've heard) and won't let you rotate others (like a bench pwp). Also, why do all the benches have to look down or face south (I want to have only two benches by the way)? I wanted the bench to face north, not south. And I wanted the bench to face the fountain so that when my villagers and I sit and chill on the bench we can look at the beautiful fountain, surrounded by beautiful sunflower tiles. I wanted a specific view. Now I'll have to cancel the bench project, demolish my previous project (the fountain) and rebuild the fountain so that the bench face the fountain (so the bench will be south and the fountain will be north instead of the other way around and the bench will be a few steps away from the fountain facing it) in order to get the view I want and it'll costs me another 99 800 bells to rebuild or move the fountain in another spot, just a feet away or less. I bet you also have to pay a certain amounts of bells to have a project demolish not just to have a project built, because expecting demolition to be free of charge would be lunacy, amirite? I lost a lot of money here and it makes my blood boil. Now I'll have to cover the demolition costs and the rebuilding costs, and I have to cover all the damn costs and do all the hard work around here, because the villagers give so very little money for the pwps that you have to wait weeks for them to give so much as a reasonable amount, I've heard people talk about it online. 😡

You have to cover all the costs and do all the work and the satisfaction committee or whatever Isabelle wants to call it, they have the nerve and the audacity to say that the people want more pwps and Sharp Town is underdeveloped even though it's gaining popularity because I'm on my 5 or 6th pwp. If the freaking satisfaction committee is not happy, they can walk in the mayor's shoes for a few freaking weeks, they can cover all the costs and do all the work like I do, and then they can freaking talk. They do none of the work and don't even give any money towards it and they leave it all to me, yet they have the nerve to complain? I lost a lot of money today. All this because they won't let you rotate a freaking bench. They make a huge deal about this whole HHD touch system that you can unlock in NL but they won't let you rotate a freaking bench. You too would be bitter and angry if you had lost nearly 100 000 bells. From now on, I want to see pictures of all the pwps to see if they face north, south, east or west because if I want a specific view or aesthetic then I have to build other projects around it in such a way that certain projects face others or are at x distance of one another, etc. I would LOVE to turn my benches a certain way to face the ocean or another PWP and apparently I'm not the only one. And I wish I had known sooner that the pwps furniture can't be rotated. I did a lot of research online those past four weeks (yes even before I receive my copy of the game in the mail) and I only just now stumbled upon this information, that pwps furnitures can't be rotated. Lost 99 800 bells. 😡

I'm gonna have to enact the Bell Boom ordinance, hit the island for stags, beetles, and sharks and sell everything with a 20% increase in sales. And I'll have to do it soon. Maybe next week. Meanwhile I have enough money for two other pwps at least...

Edit:

9980 bells to demolish a project. That's even worse than the 80 bells disposal fees for every piece of trash you fish out of the sea before you have unlocked the island and while you still haven't found a trash bin in the store so you can dispose of the garbage for free via the trash bin in your house. So basically I lost 110 000, give or take if you round it up. It's really frustrating. See? Knowledge is power and contrary to popular belief, what you don't know CAN hurt you.

They say that "A MISTAKE CAN COST YOU A LOT, BUT A LESSON LEARNED CAN BRING BACK MILLIONS."

(Sarcastic) You don't say!?

Last edited:
Use your thonky refs for the fashion check and it’ll list the clothing in categories you’re going to want to know about but Katrina’s fortunes are supposed to be all in good fun and not taken too seriously.

Use your thonky refs for the fashion check and it’ll list the clothing in categories you’re going to want to know about but Katrina’s fortunes are supposed to be all in good fun and not taken too seriously.

Yeah, well, I don't get what summer festival she's talking about. I'm still waiting for a reply from someone who know what that festival might be. Also, if Katrina thinks I'm gonna let others choose how I dress, she's sorely mistaken. Anyway, if I have a "bad luck day" (which doesn't seem to happen to me all that often, it happened only once in like a month) and start tripping all over myself or encountering more mosquito than usual, all I gotta do is go home and put on my "Good fortune clothes", Katrina herself said it was a lucky item and that I was safe when I was wearing them, and someone said online that if I wear them when Katrina says they're lucky, I'll get more money from the money rock and that on my "bad luck day" they'll change my "bad luck" to "neutral luck" or something. So I'm not gonna be afraid of experimenting with clothings to my heart's content and I'm not going to waste a lot of time going after my "daily lucky item", anyway she's so vague about what it might be that I might never find it, like the first time she just said "pants". Well newsflash there's lots of pants in this game of various colors and styles, "pants" is way too vague and doesn't tell me anything. I think I'll rely on my "Good Fortune Clothes" and my "Lucky Cat". That should be enough.

With due respect, it has already been told to you a couple of times that you're taking this game way too seriously. Certainly, in no way I am going to tell you how to play your game, but I don't foresee much joy for you if you keep stressing yourself this much. Please, consider this a friendly advice with the best of my intentions.
Katrina is a fortune-teller, and it is on character that fortune-tellers are vague and mysterious. Don't expect her to ever tell you clearly and directly that you "must" wear this or that, and you're indeed free to try out as many clothes as you want. Nobody is forcing you to do anything! You can as well completely ignore her and her predictions, since they have no major consequences for the game overall.
About the summer festival, there are fireworks several times during August as well, but I repeat that Katrina's predictions have no influence nor relation to them.
Also, excuse me if I'm wrong, but you seem to want everything done asap. If that's your take on game, you're in for a huge surprise. Why do you think there are events all year around? Why do you think there are species of bugs and fishes specifical to certain months or hours? AC it's not a game for rush players, it's a game to enjoy slowly and work on it little by little.
And no matter how many PWP you place in your town, the satisfaction depends on more factors (like cleanliness or greenery).

I thought about this today, but is there any point in giving Shrunk fruit once you've gotten all his emotions or does he just cycle through the old jokes?

I thought about this today, but is there any point in giving Shrunk fruit once you've gotten all his emotions or does he just cycle through the old jokes?
Nope, you don't get anything new from him after you've gotten all of the emotions. I occasionally stop by to give him something on a holiday or something just for fun. Like I shared my chocolate cake with him on Valentine's Day, but there's no reward for doing so.

After playing every day for the past 3 months or so, I think I'm going to slow down a bit and shift my attention to some other games, but I don't want to unexpectedly lose any of my villagers.

My question is - how many times a week do I need to check-in to keep my current villagers? Is once a week enough or is there a different strategy you use?

Last edited:
After playing every day for the past 3 months or so, I think I'm going to slow down a bit and shift my attention to some other games, but I don't want to unexpectedly lose any of my villagers.

My question is - how many times a week do I need to check-in to keep my current villagers? Is once a week enough or does a different strategy they use?
If you deny a move-out request, and then do not play on any day after that, no villager will attempt to move out until the day you start playing again at which point you'll have 5 days to find the villager attempting to move out if you haven't played in a while. If you want to play semi-regularly, then you'll want to play at least once every 5 days to guarantee no one will move out, but if you take your breaks after denying a move-out request then you will not have to check in on your villagers as often.

So I just got a request to build the police station, I'm a little hesitant since it is not removable- I know it retrieves items that have been lost due to things being placed on top of them, but is that all? I like to drop/bury certain items for decoration, so if they are still on the ground it doesn't end up removing those does it?

So I just got a request to build the police station, I'm a little hesitant since it is not removable- I know it retrieves items that have been lost due to things being placed on top of them, but is that all? I like to drop/bury certain items for decoration, so if they are still on the ground it doesn't end up removing those does it?
I don't usually leave items around on the ground in my town so I can't speak from experience, but I'm pretty sure that it does not do anything with items that you place or bury unless a villager plops their house down on them or a special visitor at the plaza removes items that have been placed there. So you should be able to leave items laying around for decoration with no issues.

In addition to that feature, you can talk to Booker or Copper (depending on which police station you choose) and they will tell you if any special visitors are in town. I check every day to see if Gulliver is there because I don't usually go down to the beach otherwise.

Also, random items and clothing will occasionally appear in the police station and you can claim them. It may help fill in your catalog faster and sometimes the Sloppy or Cardboard furniture will appear there, if you care about obtaining those. It's rare but it's one of the few ways to get them. Also, tricky pitfall seeds can appear in the police station.

So it really comes down to whether you care about those things or not. I mainly just like the addition of another NPC to interact with and the fact that they let me know who is visiting that day.

Am I able to start adopting villagers? Restarted recently and have paid off both the starting loans, completed all of Isabelle's Advice For Living Here Tutorials and found Wisp's Lamp.

Anyone know if I'm good or if there's any other requirements for adopting from other towns?

Back