• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Does TT'ing lower turnip prices? I am wondering if TT will prevent turnip prices from going up. I don't have turnips to rot from TT, but am wondering because I notice that the prices are below 100 after TT in one of my towns.

Does TT'ing lower turnip prices? I am wondering if TT will prevent turnip prices from going up. I don't have turnips to rot from TT, but am wondering because I notice that the prices are below 100 after TT in one of my towns.

EDIT: I misread your question @_@

Last edited:

No not exacly
It's just sometime by luck
One week it could be high and raise more
Another week it's low and it lowers more
Another it's just complete random like from high to low

Okay, a couple more questions @w@

- Renee just told me that Rodney is thinking of moving. I went to talk to him, to egg him on, and he didn't say anything about moving. Did talking to him just now mess things up? D:
UPDATE: He just pinged me and I ran away ;-; I didn't want to encourage him, but what if he was asking to move? gah D:

- If I drop to 8 villagers at a time, is the game going to generate a one? Will it be random, or someone from Main Street?

Villagers ping you to tell you they are moving. They will not tell you if you just have a conversation with them.

I am not sure about the 8 villagers questions, but it happens sometimes that someone moves in when you only have 8, but they will not be from main street. Main street villagers are your old villagers that have moved away already.

Question ~ Can a walking leaf appear beside a fruit tree?

I believe so, so long as the ground around the tree is clear of fruit, flowers, etc :)

I've only seen a few, but I'm fairly certain once was by a fruit tree...

- - - Post Merge - - -

Villagers ping you to tell you they are moving. They will not tell you if you just have a conversation with them.

I am not sure about the 8 villagers questions, but it happens sometimes that someone moves in when you only have 8, but they will not be from main street. Main street villagers are your old villagers that have moved away already.

Thank you for the help!
He wound up moving without once pinging me :v

New question (for you, or anyone)-
I'm still only getting 3 fossils a day. Day and night, I've combed my entire town, row by row, tilting up to look behind buildings and trees. From what I understand, the fourth fossil has to be somewhere, but /where/? I'm about ready to run through all my flowers and take down all my trees. But it's for sure that it can't spawn /under/ a house, tree, or flowers, right? I'm running out of ideas :c

Hi!
I'm new and hope this is the right place for this.
I've poked around and haven't found any definitive answers.

Is it possible for the game to be glitched, or things being more rare town-to-town?

I'm unable to find: Nibble Fish, Giant Snakehead, Gar, Tarantula, Scorpion, and Walking Leaf.

I've read up on the seasons and times, and all I do is patrol, patrol, patrol. And nothing. It was even raining today, and I was so stoked because surely the Walking Leaf would appear, and it hasn't. I've done everything I can think of (although it wasn't mentioned as necessary in any of the posts I've read) like clearing flowers away from the tree bases, spooking off cicadas and beetles, and shaking the trees. Walking with, and without, my net out. I'm really frustrated about the Gar and Snakehead as well, since they're supposed to be uncommon, but I'm finding a fair amount of Arapaima and even Colecanth.

I'm just very frustrated. It's been days and my hands hurt from playing so much. :(

The walking leaf looks like a dropped furniture item and starts moving when you get close. The giant snakehead and gar are found in the large area in the upper river. The snakehead is easier to catch in the morning, while the gar is more common in the evening.

If I have a perfect town, how long does it take for Jacob Ladders to spawn?

Jacob's Ladders spawn randomly, as long as your town remains perfect.

Last edited:
I believe so, so long as the ground around the tree is clear of fruit, flowers, etc :)

I've only seen a few, but I'm fairly certain once was by a fruit tree...

- - - Post Merge - - -

Thank you for the help!
He wound up moving without once pinging me :v

I'm still only getting 3 fossils a day. Day and night, I've combed my entire town, row by row, tilting up to look behind buildings and trees. From what I understand, the fourth fossil has to be somewhere, but /where/? I'm about ready to run through all my flowers and take down all my trees. But it's for sure that it can't spawn /under/ a house, tree, or flowers, right? I'm running out of ideas :c

Oh, great! I didn't see a single walking leaf since the beginning of July and thought it was because I almost have only fruit trees.

Thank you very much for your answer. :)

Fossils will only spawn if your town has enough space. In my main town, I've run into this problem until I realized almost all of my town was full of trees, paths, flowers, bushes, etc. To make the fossils & the fake rock spawn, I made sure to have at least 8 spaces free of anything. I used the area leading to my campsite, the bus stop, and near my bulletin board to get them all to spawn. I'm sure if you have at least 8 free spaces, you'll have all of them spawn. :)

Fossils will only spawn if your town has enough space. In my main town, I've run into this problem until I realized almost all of my town was full of trees, paths, flowers, bushes, etc. To make the fossils & the fake rock spawn, I made sure to have at least 8 spaces free of anything. I used the area leading to my campsite, the bus stop, and near my bulletin board to get them all to spawn. I'm sure if you have at least 8 free spaces, you'll have all of them spawn. :)

A great suggestion, but unfortunately not the case, as there is definitely plenty of space, and after a rain, all three of the... uhm... weird face things, pop up, too. Gem rock also appears without fail... all together :eek:

HOPEFULLY this is my last question ._."

If someone moves out and is adopted... can they be re-invited back to you?

Situation: when Zell moved in... I still had no real plan for my town, and he wound up plopping down right next to town hall. And it kind of irked me, but then it really irked me when I could realize most of my dreamies were already living on the coast in a neat little line.
I love the little guy to death but... damn. In my head, the ideal fix would be him getting adopted by someone cycling, and then when he's back in boxes, inviting him back to live with me, and then just plot resetting till he's where he should be.

But is this possible? Will it hurt him? Will he talk about the cycling town or his home town? :c

HOPEFULLY this is my last question ._."

If someone moves out and is adopted... can they be re-invited back to you?

Situation: when Zell moved in... I still had no real plan for my town, and he wound up plopping down right next to town hall. And it kind of irked me, but then it really irked me when I could realize most of my dreamies were already living on the coast in a neat little line.
I love the little guy to death but... damn. In my head, the ideal fix would be him getting adopted by someone cycling, and then when he's back in boxes, inviting him back to live with me, and then just plot resetting till he's where he should be.

But is this possible? Will it hurt him? Will he talk about the cycling town or his home town? :c

If you let him go you can't have him again until a 16 animals move out after him
But animals you always adopt from another town random times they will talk about that town

Back