• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

A few more questions:

- Is it true that someone asks to move every six days? Was there ever a definitive answer on this, and whether or not ignoring villagers or being friendly with them makes them more likely to move? FWIW, the ones I was friendliest with moved first during my absence, so I have no idea if they ever pinged or not. But my most recent move, Dora, was fairly ignored :eek: I wanna keep these guys moving and get the rest of my dreamies *-*

- Do people really hack the game, and is that allowed in this community???

- Are there any town plotting apps? Like that has PWP, houses, flowers, etc, so you can plan where and how to put everything because the items fill up the squares appropriately?

Also, I just wanted to give a big thanks for the bug advice. I've gotten three scorpions and one tarantula already!!! :D

A few more questions:

- Do people really hack the game, and is that allowed in this community???

Yes there are some people who hack the game but no it's not allowed in this community it's actually breakings rule

- - - Post Merge - - -

A few more questions:

- Is it true that someone asks to move every six days? Was there ever a definitive answer on this, and whether or not ignoring villagers or being friendly with them makes them more likely to move? FWIW, the ones I was friendliest with moved first during my absence, so I have no idea if they ever pinged or not. But my most recent move, Dora, was fairly ignored :eek: I wanna keep these guys moving and get the rest of my dreamies *-*

- Are there any town plotting apps? Like that has PWP, houses, flowers, etc, so you can plan where and how to put everything because the items fill up the squares appropriately?

Also, I just wanted to give a big thanks for the bug advice. I've gotten three scorpions and one tarantula already!!! :D

For the first one I really don't know because after one has moved 2 days can pass a villager can ask to move
So not sure not that one but I wouldn't recommend it because you can loose your dreamies

And second one I also don't know if they are plotting apps
I just plot everything by looking at my map

Last edited:
if i have 10 villagers, and someone is moving out (in boxes), can i ask another villager to move in or will it not work?

Last edited:
if i have 10 villagers, and someone is moving out (in boxes), can i ask another villager to move in or will it not work?

No, you would have to wait until the next day so you can adopt a villager. The game will still count that villager's house as 10 total even when they're adopted out.

So I have Apple moving out, but I wanted her shirt to change. If I send her three letters with a shirt, will she change her mind without telling me about moving?

I've been wanting to regrow my grass lately, and one thing I've heard that is useful is that putting patterns/paths on the ground will prevent grass deterioration. Can grass still grow when you put patterns/paths down on the ground, or will it stay the same when you first put the pattern/path down?

Hiiiii, so my friend came over and she gave me a lot of stuff, which I'm SUPER thankful for, but I'm trying to get another Jacob's Ladder. Since your town can't be perfect while you have items on the floor, I was wondering if someone comes and gives you items do you lose your streak of perfect-town days?

If you leave items on the ground past 6 a.m. the next day (which is when a new day starts in ACNL) then you will lose perfect town status. If you pick up the items before then, you?ll be fine.

A few more questions (sorry >.<)

- How long do past villagers stay on Main Street? Boone's been there for atleast 3 days now, day and night. It makes me so sad, what if he wants to come back but can't cause I have 10? ;w;

- My Nook Store is expanding tomorrow. If I purchase things today, will it count towards the next upgrade, or do I need to wait for the upgrade?

- Do items that fall from trees... are they only things you already have in your catalog, or is it ever new stuff? How do you get new items? Is it really only through luck with the Nook Store, and I'm suffering cause mine is so small? >.>

A few more questions (sorry >.<)

- How long do past villagers stay on Main Street? Boone's been there for atleast 3 days now, day and night. It makes me so sad, what if he wants to come back but can't cause I have 10? ;w;
He can't come back till you move out 16 villagers after he moved out.

He can't come back until you've gone through the 16-villager cycle, that is, until 16 different villagers have moved out after Boone. If you mean whether he disappears from Main Street or not, he'll stay there until 6 villagers have moved out and they'll be walking around. As soon as a 7th one moves out, the first one that appeared on Main Street will disappear.

- My Nook Store is expanding tomorrow. If I purchase things today, will it count towards the next upgrade, or do I need to wait for the upgrade?

Unfortunately it will count towards the next upgrade as soon as the current upgrade has been built.

- Do items that fall from trees... are they only things you already have in your catalog, or is it ever new stuff? How do you get new items? Is it really only through luck with the Nook Store, and I'm suffering cause mine is so small? >.>

They can be anything, aside from DLC. I don't think spotlight items can fall from trees either, but you can pretty much fill up your catalog by shaking your trees. You can algo go to other towns whose shop is bigger and you can purchase items you don't have there.

Thank you so much for all your help!

I just have one more question, which I forgot >.>"

Does multiple closets/dressers allow you to store more items? Right now I only have one dresser and it's nearly full, and I've noticed that like, in lockers, it's the same stuff. So before I order / get more closets / dressers... will it make a difference? Thanks :)

Does multiple closets/dressers allow you to store more items? Right now I only have one dresser and it's nearly full, and I've noticed that like, in lockers, it's the same stuff. So before I order / get more closets / dressers... will it make a difference? Thanks :)
No it won't, I had like seven in my house at one time. It made no difference.

No, unfortunately they all connect to the same source. You can try to use the second floor of the museum to buy out all four rooms in the exhibit to put things there.

The only way to have separate storage is by having multiple playable characters. :)

Does having a perfect town increases the chances of four leaf cloves spawning? Ever since I reached perfect town status I've been getting more of them.

Back