Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

My question: Is it possible to have no bridges in your town?

I'm pretty sure Isabelle won't let you delete your last bridge. I've never actually tried it, but that would be a very major oversight by the developers if you could delete the last bridge since you could permanently lose access to half of your town.

Question: Can villager's move on top of PWPs and destroy them?

I know you can do that when you create a new human character. But I just hope villagers can't do the same.

I'm pretty sure Isabelle won't let you delete your last bridge. I've never actually tried it, but that would be a very major oversight by the developers if you could delete the last bridge since you could permanently lose access to half of your town.

Not if you had a wetsuit and you knew what you were doing, lol

does anyone know a good flooring that goes good with the cabin wall? besides the cabin rug

Good question, I'm looking for something similar. Maybe one of the strictly-wooden ones like old floorboard or plank flooring would work? Or one of the old-fashioned-ish carpets?

Good question, I'm looking for something similar. Maybe one of the strictly-wooden ones like old floorboard or plank flooring would work? Or one of the old-fashioned-ish carpets?

I'm looking for one with some color in it it's for my kitchen

Hi guys! I have an extra spot in my town and logged onto a new save file, finding no new villager plot. Is it safe for me to start up my mayor's file without having to worry about a new villager plot?

I'm looking for one with some color in it it's for my kitchen

Hm... maybe the birch flooring? but I doubt that would work. There's always MoriDB for this stuff.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hi guys! I have an extra spot in my town and logged onto a new save file, finding no new villager plot. Is it safe for me to start up my mayor's file without having to worry about a new villager plot?

If you're absolutely sure that you've haven't seen any villager plots, yes, you can go on your mayor. Also, when you say you have an extra spot, do you mean you have 9 villagers or 8 villagers? Because if you have 9, no one is going to move in unless you invite them via campsite or otherwise.

By "an extra spot", do you mean you have room for just a 10th villager? If so, it's safe to go on your mayor, but only if you're absolutely 100% sure you didn't see a plot anywhere.

If this is about a 9th villager, then no, it's not safe to just go on your mayor. Up until your 9th villager, it takes a maximum of 7 days for a new villager to move in after the last one has moved in, with each day having a higher chance that someone will move in. This means that even if you didn't see a new plot on your new character, it's fully possible for a new villager to plot when you go on your mayor.

Also, @Yee: you can also get your 10th villager through wi-fi or streetpass, even when you didn't invite anyone.

What size is the Pop-eyed Goldfish shadow?

I'm assuming small but I have yet to run into one so I wanted to make sure.

yMsYLHH.png

Should be this size c:

How many days after a villager moves out does a new one move in? I'm doing the new villager reset trick for huse placement and I want to get my dates right to avoid any mishaps.

Cool, thanks! (also, off topic; are you still doing the igb/tbt trade? i have 100 tbt i could trade with you. :))

Last edited:
Hii again! My game is currently in April. If I TT straight to the current date, it only counts as one day, correct?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hi guys. Please disregard the above question. I TTed forward to the current date and found that I voided Diana ;_; Is there any safe way possible to get her back? I have not saved my game yet.

Hii again! My game is currently in April. If I TT straight to the current date, it only counts as one day, correct?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hi guys. Please disregard the above question. I TTed forward to the current date and found that I voided Diana ;_; Is there any safe way possible to get her back? I have not saved my game yet.

It only counts as one day TTing backwards...

And no, there isn't. You'll have to cycle 16 for her. Your game automatically saves when it loads. Unless you TTed and started it up as a new character without saving, you've lost her. :c

It only counts as one day TTing backwards...

And no, there isn't. You'll have to cycle 16 for her. Your game automatically saves when it loads. Unless you TTed and started it up as a new character without saving, you've lost her. :c

Thank you so much. Should have just played it safe instead of taking that big risk of TTing. ;_;

Hi, guys! I'm currently at 9 villagers and I've convinced a camper to move in. Is it safe to turn StreetPass on now?

Hey guys! I've been having troubles catching the sharks on the island. When I catch regular fish, I just wait for them to bite and then press A and I catch it no problem. But with these sharks, they will touch the hook maybe once and then make a splash (which is when I would usually press A to reel the regular fish in), but when I do press A, it just scares away the shark.. How do you catch shark? :(

Back