• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I'm back to ask another question!

If I set up a town and get it a dream address, then sometime down the road decide that I want to reset and start over, will that dream address still be valid (aka, can people still visit the town via the dream suite), or is it erased with the file?

I'm back to ask another question!

If I set up a town and get it a dream address, then sometime down the road decide that I want to reset and start over, will that dream address still be valid (aka, can people still visit the town via the dream suite), or is it erased with the file?

Still valid until it expires from the server. You could try talking with Luna before the restart and ask her to delete the DA.

Will the old DA interfere with a new one (if you know)?

No, as they will be two different codes. Now, if you name the new town the same as the previous one with the same mayor's name, then someone who searches for your town by name will find both the old and new one. You won't be able to distinguish the two. Hope that makes sense. c:

No, as they will be two different codes. Now, if you name the new town the same as the previous one with the same mayor's name, then someone who searches for your town by name will find both the old and new one. You won't be able to distinguish the two. Hope that makes sense. c:

It makes sense. ^^
Thankies much!

Mmmm no body answered my question, honestly I was expecting for an Animal Crossing forum to have people willing to help others ::(even people with really few post

Mmmm no body answered my question, honestly I was expecting for an Animal Crossing forum to have people willing to help others ::(even people with really few post

People here are really willing, but as you can see, sometimes the posts go real quickly and a question or two gets overlooked.
I personally don't bother often to check every page, because so many questions are asked and answered.
I just check the last 2-3 posts to see if there are questions unanswered. If there are, I answer unless I don't know, but if the last questions have been answered, I move on to other threads. I guess more people here act similarly.

Sometimes there are 3 posts with questions and then people might only see two of them, and the third one gets overlooked.

It happens, don't be so quick to make a judgement.

Try asking it again, and you'll probably get an answer =)

Excuse me this is my first time in the forums, I have a question, did the cancer table was the first of the zodiac series to be distributed?? I have had the game since launch and every month I have gone to the Post Office to get the exclusive DLC item for the month and the first of the series Pelly gave me was the Cancer Table, so if true Nintendo was distributing 2 DLCs the previous months and I didn't get the Zodiac related one?? Thank you very much

No, the Cancer Table was the first month the Zodiac series was released in NA, I do believe. As it was unreleased in NA before that point.

What items from the Harvest festival are displayable? I know the vinegar is displayable but is anything else from the Harvest festival able to show up in your house?

Also is there any guide on how many spaces PWPs take?

People here are really willing, but as you can see, sometimes the posts go real quickly and a question or two gets overlooked.
I personally don't bother often to check every page, because so many questions are asked and answered.
I just check the last 2-3 posts to see if there are questions unanswered. If there are, I answer unless I don't know, but if the last questions have been answered, I move on to other threads. I guess more people here act similarly.

Sometimes there are 3 posts with questions and then people might only see two of them, and the third one gets overlooked.

It happens, don't be so quick to make a judgement.

Try asking it again, and you'll probably get an answer =)

Thank you I was just dissapointed people were anwsering other's questions but mine not. That make me thing it has to be due to my newbie status, since in some forums for other users to take you seriously you have to be make a name or something on those lines.

I might overreacted a little it just was odd to me nobody replied to me yesterday, thank again

@Ettienne: thank you for anwsering sorry I didn't quote you directly I am not familiar with the editing options in this forum or how quotes work here

Last edited:
What items from the Harvest festival are displayable? I know the vinegar is displayable but is anything else from the Harvest festival able to show up in your house?

Dang, bottom page twice in a row. That's pretty unlucky. Unfortunately I don't know the answer to the first question, but here is a list of PWPs that lists the amount of space it physically takes up. Just be sure to account for the buffer zone (I think it's 1 space all the way around the PWP), and keep in mind that the buffer zones can't overlap. At least, I don't think they can overlap. Hope that helps!

Burigu, my reason for not answering is I didn't know. I know nothing about the Zodiac set.

Oranje, you can display every ingredient. I've got butter, sugar, milk, all of it just lying around in my museum storage.

Last edited:
Alright, I feel like the answer to this is no, but I gotta ask - can voided villagers overwrite a campsite invitation? My sister recently lost Poncho, and in an effort to avoid picking him up I decided to campsite reset to see if I could get a nice camper to move in before Poncho decided to set up in my town. Genji turned up, and after seeing his cute expressions I promptly invited him to live in Eventide. Is it safe to let my sister visit my town if she needs/wants to?

I think that campsite invitations trump voided villagers but just to be safe, I'd wait until Genji moves in. You can always TT.

Dang, bottom page twice in a row. That's pretty unlucky. Unfortunately I don't know the answer to the first question, but here is a list of PWPs that lists the amount of space it physically takes up. Just be sure to account for the buffer zone (I think it's 1 space all the way around the PWP), and keep in mind that the buffer zones can't overlap. At least, I don't think they can overlap. Hope that helps!

Burigu, my reason for not answering is I didn't know. I know nothing about the Zodiac set.

Oranje, you can display every ingredient. I've got butter, sugar, milk, all of it just lying around in my museum storage.

Thank you both! :D I'll get to planning for my pwps and getting ready for the harvest festival so I can use their ingredients! I do have one other question though. I see that sometimes people display lost and found items (the items that you have to return to villagers) in their houses. I tried doing that but it wouldn't let me set it down in my house. How do people do that? :eek:

Last edited:
Thank you I was just dissapointed people were anwsering other's questions but mine not. That make me thing it has to be due to my newbie status, since in some forums for other users to take you seriously you have to be make a name or something on those lines.

I might overreacted a little it just was odd to me nobody replied to me yesterday, thank again

@Ettienne: thank you for anwsering sorry I didn't quote you directly I am not familiar with the editing options in this forum or how quotes work here

No worries. I probably would've answered earlier, too, but your post was right below one of mine at the bottom of a page. If you don't get an answer in a day, feel free to quote your original question so it might be better seen. c:

- - - Post Merge - - -

I know this was already answered, but I wanted to add this reference as well: http://angiestown.tumblr.com/post/91178481792/i-still-see-people-complaining-about-how-isabelle

This page includes a visual guide on the physical space each PWP requires, plus buffer zones, PLUS where to stand for Isabelle to display the PWP in the correct place. Super useful.

Can anybody confirm whether reporting citizens for bad language resets their greeting as well as their catchphrase? I've entered one I'm not quite happy with and Google isn't giving me a clear answer.

Can anybody confirm whether reporting citizens for bad language resets their greeting as well as their catchphrase? I've entered one I'm not quite happy with and Google isn't giving me a clear answer.

I'm not sure but I think it would. The purpose of that function is to let users get rid of offensive language or just language they hate, so I think it would let you reset any custom parts of a villager's language. You can always try, unless you don't want to reset that without knowing it will work.

I'm not sure but I think it would. The purpose of that function is to let users get rid of offensive language or just language they hate, so I think it would let you reset any custom parts of a villager's language. You can always try, unless you don't want to reset that without knowing it will work.

I tried it earlier and the first time I spoke to him afterwards he said it again. So unless there's a delay I guess it's not going to work. Is there a decent chance he'll ask about changing it again soon, if I talk to him several times a day?

Last edited:
Quick question: If you went to Nook's Homes and selected a mailbox for example, can you go to another town and choose another one? Or is it only once choice per day?

Back