• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Are you going to catalog events?

Imaginetheday

Bells
I’m not talking about islands that are set up with all the items. I’m talking about the ones you can find here on BTF.

I have mixed feelings. There is NOTHING wrong with them. I’m just having lots of fun getting new items through Nook’s Cranny and HHP. And I don’t worry about variations because of Cyrus.

I know I’ll go eventually, but it’s only been a week. I want to see what I can collect on my own.

There's definitely nothing wrong with them. But I'll also try to get as many items as I can by myself and perhaps go to the events to fill in the missing pieces after so much time of just not getting them. But good luck to anyone trying to get everything just by themselves!

I probably won't as it doesn't seem necessary? By that I mean it seems possible to unlock everything on our own and without too much hassle. Maybe if there is something I really want, but since I don't know what I haven't unlocked yet, I don't know what I'm missing. I'm having fun finding new things in game.

I've been to cataloguing islands before when items were color locked and can see how they are useful if you don't want to wait.

I've been to a couple, and it was perfect for me and my playing style (can only play occasionally, can't always finish dailies, want to be able to buy furniture once I have the bells to).

I still haven't been able to catalog all furniture or DIYs organically from before the 2.0 update, mostly due to lack of bells and having some so-so luck with finding new DIYs/ balloons.

I have two islands - one is my main island and another is one I use for selling/trading/catalog.

My main island character does not have a completed catalog. I like gathering the items slowly on my main character and playing a little every day without rushing through the content.

BUT I also like the selling/trading/catalog aspect of the game and I don't want to have the pressure on my main island to gather items as quick as possible which usually means TTing. So I have a second island to do all that with and that character has a complete catalog.

Am I weird? lols

i totally agree. I try to collect the new items on my own without going to those parties. I asked my friends not to send me any new items. It really spoils the game for me when they do.

No, I don't think I need to catalog anymore know we have reese and cyrus to help us costumize 💕

i did before went to catalog everything, but i don't think i will this time completely. though i did go to one island to catalog some new things & full set. i just.. it's easier that way ⚰

i've never been to a catalogue island of any kind and don't intend to. i want to complete my catalogue on my own, slow as it may have been, and the process is thankfully a lot easier now that i can just take items to cyrus and get them bulk customized. i definitely have the bells to sink into it too. (i usually take about 10-20 items a trip and it can cost anywhere between 100-200k for all the variants i'm missing.) i'm not a decorator, so i can be pretty patient with waiting for the items i'm missing, and a lot of the ones i'd use for decorating outdoors are craftable anyway.

Ive been to some before when the game first got released which really helped as i dont have many other friends i can play on ac with and collect/catalogue items.
In this update 2.0 i dont feel like i would get much joy out of going to catalogue towns etc..

HHP is my catalog island now. I never went to them before honestly though I did buy items from others in colors not native to my island (which was so annoying).

I went to one (well, a giveaway from a former catalog island) long before the update hit and I was on a limited Nintendo trial so I could get as many variants as possible.

Now, thanks to Reese & Cyrus, I don't feel like I need to. I'll still trade every now and then, but I won't be visiting any catalog events anytime soon.

I love catalog events! Ive hosted a few and gone to plenty. Im so glad for Cyrus because I dont have to worry about variants, just access is more important now that he's around.

No not anymore. I did way way back due to having a themed island and needed a ridiculous number of items. So having a mostly full catalog was really helpful. Especially since certain colours of certain items you couldn't even get without trading with someone.

I still have that nice basis of a catalogue but I don't mind having to find most of the new items I want on my own. Especially since Cyrus can easily change the colour of things now. Plus the DLC added new ways to get a bunch of the new things.

I kind of want to for some of the sets, like the ranch set. but I don't currently have the spoons to empty my inventory and fill it back up so everything's in place the way I like (empty inventories seem to be a consistent rule).

I would like to go to a island that has all furniture and stuff. Saw one here but don't have enough TBT, so well though luck.

Not yet. I want to eventually, but I'm having too much fun trying to get as much as I can on my own.

Catalog islands are going to work out much better now though. It was so tedious to catalog every single color before. The fact that we can just use Cyrus and therefore only have to catalog 1 of each thing is great.

I have been to a couple catalog islands because I'm lazy and I like the easy way of getting the furniture I want lol
I still haven't been to one since 2.0 but I would go again because I generally have horrible luck getting new items instead of the same old chess board the Nooklings lmao

Back