• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Apparently there will there be bigger changes to trees... (more variety)!?

Pecora

Bells
Hey guys,

no one is talking about it - maybe because the last direct had shown several "bigger" changes - but as someone who mainly focuses on building forests and natural worlds I got very exited yesterday.

1.PNG

There is no sand under the tree shown in the direct... Which means that apparently we will be able to place palm trees on normal grass. Do you thing we will also be able to place "normal" trees on beaches now?

2.PNG

These cacti are part of the paid dlc. Do you think they will be plantable? They do not look like objects to me. Same with the following picture that was taken from the official Japanese page:
3.PNG

Interestingly they do not only appear outside the barrier but also inside - which means we can definetely place them ourselfs. Since both trees - the cacti and the baobab - are placed on sand... maybe they will follow the same rules the palm trees previously had.

What do you think about those things. Are the trees just objects or plantable? Do you think there will be more changes regarding trees? More fruits?

I was to busy looking at the new bushes and vines to notice. That would be great if we can plant palm trees anywhere. I did notice this tree I would love to have . Having more trees would be amazing. I think they might be items but would love them to be plantable.
40C2FDEF-94BD-4D50-9198-33799A5693ED.jpeg

That one looks great too. I just hope - if it is not plantable - that the pot won´t be to noticeable, so that is easier to hide them...

Wow I did not notice the baobab trees! That is exciting. I won't be too irked if it's sand only because, like with palm trees in the past, there are ways around that with terraforming.

You know, I was so confused why you put the first photo, and then I realized it's on grass! You can't do that naturally and I don't see nintendo posting a glitch in a direct.

Hopefully Kapp'ns islands have tropical fruit.

yess, more nature!! i'm really excited for the bushes and plants we've seen! I WIIISH there were more trees!!
also, the palm tree on "regular grass" is actually on a new biome, i think. you can see that the color of the cliffs is different. they might still not grow on our regular grassland with the brown cliffs?

[...] and I don't see nintendo posting a glitch in a direct.
i hope so haha, i still remember the "illegal tree placements" (placing a tree directly by the water) they showed in previous trailers..

You guys are right - the cactus is "just" an object; but at least this means that it is placeable on our normal island. I also think, that the new biome might be the only reason for palm trees on grass. But maybe we will get the option anyway... :)

I was really wishing for more plantable trees, but this is the next best thing! Too bad I don't see any signs of birch trees. Still, excited to see some larger plant items instead of the usual stick-with-leaves straggling upwards out of a pot.

While I know it's not the same, I feel like at this point it doesn't really matter if they're actual trees because we can place items outdoors. Imagine what the desert themed islands are gonna look like now, holy crap.

Hopefully theres dead trees too, like the ones you got from shaking perfect fruit trees too many times in New Leaf, I've wanted those since the start.

You know, I was so confused why you put the first photo, and then I realized it's on grass! You can't do that naturally and I don't see nintendo posting a glitch in a direct.

Hopefully Kapp'ns islands have tropical fruit.

In HHD trees were treated like furniture and thus you could place palm trees this way in that game. All trees in HHD were just decorative after all, and you couldn't shake the fruit off. Makes me curious how they're doing it here, if they changed it so you can plant palm trees anywhere, or if it's like furniture.

I’m so happy there are finally cactus! They look like items that can be ordered or crafted. They could be plants possibly, but I’m not sure.

Back