• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

anyone ever take a long absence from this site before?

I’ve been on hiatus from BellTree since I felt like my island on New Horizons had reached its potential. I started to feel like it wasn’t making me happy to log on, it was making me stressed! Now i’ve restarted my island and hopped back on here and i’m remembering what a great community it is!

Reactions: Raz
Yes, I do take breaks from the forum. Currently trying to take one now but i keep coming back.

I was pretty active in the year leading up to New Horizons and for a few months after release, but then dipped out completely for almost a year.

Tried returning to the game this last spring, gave up after seeing how little had actually been added, and am now hoping for an Animal Crossing renaissance for the new update!

It’s always nice coming back and still seeing so many familiar faces ♥

Reactions: Raz
i forget about this site for like 8 months at a time. hoping to actually be active for once now

Last edited:
hi i remember you from the hazbin hotel thread lol. i have never taken a break/hiatus but at one point my activity slowed down a little bit to where i haven’t posted in almost month
oh no... the hazbin hotel thread. i've changed a lot since then and no longer support vivziepop😭

i take plenty of hiatuses until i need something ;( glad i stockpiled my tbt during the height of my activity a couple years ago

It's been years since I stopped playing new leaf so...
It's been so long I'd consider myself a new member at this point.

I took the longest absence. I haven’t been here since never. I’m new lol.

Yep. I took a big hiatus between the time I put down New Leaf/HHD. I have needed to take small breaks here and there.

Absolutely. I'm back after almost a full year. There wasn't a lot to do in the game anymore, and after the festive season (which was probably one of the most fun experiences I had with online gaming ever), I kinda stopped playing on my switch. I was still without my PS4 and was too focused on Magic that I honestly barely played videogames outside some old arcade games.

But, with the update on the horizon, I had to be back.

I didn't really check the forum through summer this year, because I had kinda lost interest in new horizons. I came back for the camping event and stuck around, and now that the update has been announce I've been on every day lol probably will keep coming on for a long time now that the update has added so much stuff

I take an absense like every year for at least 6 months at a time, lol. I just come here whenever I get the urge to play AC again.

I wish I had the willpower to stop coming to TBT! I always check it at least once a day, although with my busy schedule I don't usually browse around or change my profile as much as I used to. The update is probably gonna change that though since I'll likely be on the hunt for new items/villagers.

I've popped in pretty consistently since I joined only missing the odd day to maybe a week at most here and there.

Nothing wrong with taking a long break though sometimes it can can be a really good thing actually.

Welcome back! :)

I did when I made a lot of mistakes on this site and I really felt so ashamed of being on here because it felt like every time when I was about to voice my concerns or thoughts about everything I would just get attacked.

I took a long huge need a break afterwards and I feel a lot more better but still the scar that I have felt that day still haunts me

Last edited:
I tried taking a small break from TBT here from the end of Summer to sometime this Fall, but I couldn’t stay away. I just love this place too much. 🥺

However, I did start posting less from the last few months, but now I’m trying to be more active here. 🙂

SAME! I got so busy with life and hadn't visited in almost a year. But it worked out because my signature area was in Halloween mode already XD
Welcome back!

yeah I took a long absence after I played so many hours of new leaf. and then I came back for a bit with new horizons, but then i got burnt out on that too. now that we've got a new update im getting into it again so im back

Recently, yes. My activity log says I was last here in the summer of 2016, and this is my first post since then.

I have yet to play New Horizons online, but was here constantly back then when I was playing New Leaf. I plan on trying to be a little more active again and doing some trading and such if I can find the time, as I'll likely start playing NH more once the update arrives.

I think it’s healthy to get away for a while sometimes. I have taken breaks here and there before, my longest one being about 4 years… it helped me focus on my real life. Now I’m in a place where I am comfortable and can pass time on things I love, like the Bell Tree.

Back