• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Anyone else think it's weird to have an In-Game "Mom"?

nope! its especially nice for those without moms or for those with bad mom relationships.
Post automatically merged:

I think it's weirder that we can't reply.
I thought we'd be able to when they started selling the limited time mother's day mug or whatever, but nope!

Sorry mom, apparently I hate you in this game!
yeah why... why cant we. she just sits there and sends me a backpack and i say nothing

it’s definitely a little strange but at least you get some nice stuff from her?

i guess i don't think of it as strange since it's been in the series since basically the beginning.. and also cause i don't think of my character as "me" exactly, but just a "character"

I don't mind it, I think it's sweet! I mean, it's game character (I'm not on a deserted island speaking to animal villagers either, right? 😄) so I like that my character has some backstory

Eh, I never care for any letters from "Mom", probably because the relationship with my IRL mom is not the best, hence why I don't need a video game mom at all. I only pick the gifts and throw the letters away immediately. Would be nice if there was a "Dad" who would send you letters...

my mom in real life only shows her affection through tough love and perfectly sliced fruit so i appreciate my in game mom ;; i like straightforward love

it's nice to have a mom care about you, even if it's just a fake one made out of some pixels. i'm not on good terms with my mom irl, so i appreciate this one, even though she also feels like a stranger to me. really, i'm not entirely sure what to make of her, except that she's well, my mom now, i guess?

My real-life mom could care less about Animal Crossing, so I'll take what I can get at this point. Plus, this new mom of mine showers me with customizable, pretty gifts, fruits, and other presents??? I'll take one for the team and be the mooch she didn't deserve.

Yep, it seems incredibly weird to me. My real mom isn't like that, and even though I've moved out IRL, she certainly isn't sending me letters/gifts (apart from maybe a holiday card).

I mean, we keep in touch. I have a phone, and so does she. It's a lot less one-sided. I think that in-game mom needs to get on her level.

I never questioned it. I never see my in game character as me anyway. She's a character in this world so it makes sense to me that she has a mom somewhere :)

Since wild world I got letters from 'Mom', and because I live in the UK I thought it was a person called Mom. I've always just thought of it similar to the Pokemon mothers after then: they're there and occasionally speak to you to tell you they spent your money on berries for the upteenth times- not even the useful ones!

I guess now it's just someone who spams my letter box with occasionally nice looking items or stuff I will instantly throw away. Junk mail which is occasionally nice.

I wish that you could choose if letters is sented by dad/mom or somebody else. I am very close with my dad.

It’s a little odd...my son and I share an island and every time he gets a letter from “Mom” he’s like “why did you send me this?”

nobody:
me: I'm gonna base my ac character off myself
also me: hm I should dye my hair blue and have blue eyes and wear a cowgirl outfit
I actually have blue hair, although I don't dress like a cowgirl.

I'm used to the mom letters. I've been plating since GC, do it's always been a fun touch. I wish my allowance came a little more regularly, though.

I've never had an issue cause we use "mum" not "mom" so I'm always like yep it's mail from my american mum.

Is kinda cute but also a little weird if you think about it too much...also for some reason my ingame 'Mom' send me a cake way before my actual birthday, so not sure if she's the kind of mum that forgets about dates or just a bug :unsure:

in-game mom reminds me of my mom. we have a stay at home order right now so I don't get to see my mom as much. She drops by every other week to bring food, and gifts for me and and the hubby, all within curfew, too! So i find it very heartwarming c:

Back