• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Anyone else reluctant to get all of their dreamies?

Tiger Balloon

We depend on you【=◈︿◈=&#
Bells
My dreamies are almost complete, but I almost don't want to complete them. I haven't been posting on threads with my dreamies available for adoption, even when I have room in my town.

My fear is that the game will get boring once I have completed them. I love getting new villagers, befriending them, getting their picture, and pass them on. However, once I have all my dreamies, I can no longer do this.

I'm thinking of having five "ultimate dreamies", and keeping them forever, and also having a bunch of other "dreamies" who I would keep for a while, but then give away after I've had my fun.

What do you guys think? Anyone else in the same position?

I definitely see where you're coming from. It's why I don't collect my "dreamies". I know who my favourites are but I don't hunt them down. How else can you get new favourites? D;

You seem to have played the game longer than I, but I have the same playstyle with villagers. I'm partial to Lolly (she was one of my starters), but I'd like to get to know as many villagers as I can before I get bored with the game. Can't really see letting her go as of yet, though. I'll probably end up doing something similar as you proposed with keeping 4-6 dreamies.

I definitely see where you're coming from. It's why I don't collect my "dreamies". I know who my favourites are but I don't hunt them down. How else can you get new favourites? D;

I know, right! I'm definitely leaning towards having only five real dreamies.

- - - Post Merge - - -

You seem to have played the game longer than I, but I have the same playstyle with villagers. I'm partial to Lolly (she was one of my starters), but I'd like to get to know as many villagers as I can before I get bored with the game. Can't really see letting her go as of yet, though. I'll probably end up doing something similar as you proposed with keeping 4-6 dreamies.

Yeah, I just can't let Midge, Kabuki, Chadder, Zucker, or Phoebe go. It'll be fun to experience many new villagers while still keeping your favorites close by.

I'm getting a second copy and I'm not keeping any of my villagers in that one, so I'll still be able to see a bunch of new villagers. I'm just worried that once I get all 10 spots filled in my main town I'll become to lax and one of them will end up moving away, and then it'll take forever to cycle through 16 villagers since most of my spots will be filled with villagers I want to keep. Plus, once I get all of them I'll have one less thing to work toward and I might get bored of the game.

I'm dreading the day I feel like I don't want any villagers in my town to leave.

It's like climbing a mountain and trying to stay up there. 8'D I wonder if it'll be worth it.

My dreamies are almost complete, but I almost don't want to complete them. I haven't been posting on threads with my dreamies available for adoption, even when I have room in my town.

My fear is that the game will get boring once I have completed them. I love getting new villagers, befriending them, getting their picture, and pass them on. However, once I have all my dreamies, I can no longer do this.

I'm thinking of having five "ultimate dreamies", and keeping them forever, and also having a bunch of other "dreamies" who I would keep for a while, but then give away after I've had my fun.

What do you guys think? Anyone else in the same position?

this^

I actually just completed my "dreamies" for the 3rd time LOOOOL.

My dreamy list changed many many times, after completing them, I started missing the fun quest of searching for them, struggling to get them and adopting them and TT-ing to villagers to ping to move them in. I realised dreamies get boring after a while. I've already given away my past dreamies and moved them out **recently gave away Zucker and moved in Beau**

But I just completed my dreamies again for the 3rd time and hopefully not last, I plan to keep these villagers for a long long long time before I want to move them out in the the far future ^.^ I finally feel like I got the villagers where I want them. But I'm potentially thinking of moving Julian out for Muffy in the far future!

Thank you for all of your responses! I think I will have 5 "true" dreamies, who I'll keep in my town forever, but then have a bunch of other "pseudo" dreamies, who I would want in my town for a while, but would eventually let them go.

I don't like sticking with the same villagers forever, but Stitches and Fauna (and probably Chevre) will never ever be allowed to move. They're ultimate dreamies.
The others I'll probably get rid of sometime far into the future. Even though they're "dreamies," I want to keep things interesting in town and there are other villagers that I'd eventually like to have. :)

I went through a lot to get my dreamies, including a 16 villager cycle to get Rosie back while keeping 7 dreamies :O Now I love to see my villagers everyday. I talk to them and do things for them. While working on my houses and badges. Still lots left to do after getting dreamies. Now the challenge is keeping them :D And I plan to for a long time. Game is not boring yet :D When I have all of my badges and complete catalog then the fun will be gone it will become a bit boring. Once I caught everything and did everything in City Folk that game became a chore :O New leaf is wonderful.

Last edited:
For me I am actually planning to stop playing as regularly once I get all my dreamies. I don't TT and I've been playing the game almost every day since Christmas 2012. My house is pretty much done, I've unlocked all the PWPs I wanted etc.
This is the longest I've played any AC game (or any game for that matter!) and it's the dreamies that have kept me going. I check every day to make sure my faves aren't moving, and hoping the ones I want out will ping. In earlier games I've had one maybe two villagers that I really loved in my town, but it would have been close to impossible to get a town full of faves.

I have a few more bugs and fish I need to catch, and maybe an item here and there, but once that's done and I've got all my dreamies I'll put on beautiful town, make sure no one's moving and put the game down for a while.
Then I can always come back and all my favorite villagers will be there waiting for me!

Yes. I feel you. My lust for new villagers JUST WONT STOP.I already got Marshal,but I feel like there is still something missing. Like I want to get rid of some of my villagers to make room for new ones,just to see if I like them or not. And when I like them,the cycle repeats. But I'm already feeling bored,so I'm buying a second copy :3

I'm resetting my town (I'd completed my dreamies) but now I'm going to have new dreamies hehe ~ except for Peanut, who will be with me forever.

Back