• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Anyone else having problems with some villager favors?

Mr.K

Bells
I have noticed while playing for several months that when a villager requests a specific bug/fish that even if the bug/fish is normally easy to find, it suddenly becomes super rare. Is this just a coincidence because it is very annoying. I have been trying to catch a neon tetra for the last two hours and so far no luck. This fish normally takes me less than ten minutes to find.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I am fishing during the time-frame it is catchable.

Last edited:
Every once in a while that happens to me. I just attribute it to bad luck because it doesn't happen all of the time. Or at least not on my game.

It happens to me a LOT. They ask for a fruit when I swear that they know I just sold every single piece of it. They KNOW that I won't be able to find them that darned barbel steed no matter how long I go blind fishing in that stupid river. They KNOW that that one day I will NOT be able to visit a friend's town with the cherry... And on and on.

Yes, I feel your pain, Mr. K! I just had this last night when Coach asked me for a goldfish. So how long does it take me - and I'm a pretty good fisher...over an HOUR!!! I NEVER had found so many bitterlings in my entire life. >_<

I have nearly max feng shui points and am wearing one of Katrina's lucky charms, a celebration hat. It must be very bad luck.

Same here, Mr.K. I logged on and I was flush with crickets! Ran into Roald, and what does he want? Yep a cricket. So I don my net, and not a single cricket to be found. Not one. Not anywhere, and I mean they were ALL over as I watered plants, hunted fossils & mushrooms, and searched for the money/ore rock. But as soon as I was asked... I feel your pain. =/

omg, happens 90 percent of the time with me. they mostly ask for an apple which I cannot get . drives me totally insane. I have done everything I could to get an apple but no luck. that silly fruit is the only fruit nobody on my friends list has. I even tried sending my neighbors fruit in the mail, but nothing.

YES. Every darn time! It even happened to me with a sea bass, I mean come on! A sea bass suddenly being hard to catch? The game has a very evil side lol.

I have thought of this before but an idea to help with this would be to catch very single bug/fish currently available and put them in storage ahead of time. That way the evil system can be beat.

YES. Every darn time! It even happened to me with a sea bass, I mean come on! A sea bass suddenly being hard to catch? The game has a very evil side lol.

OMG... ROFL! I'm sorry to laugh to hard at this...but this HAS to be the funniest thing yet! Well, not at the time...but a BASS??? Usually you can't get away from the things if you used nuclear weaponry... *snorfles*

Seriously, I'm glad to know that it isn't just me. I do think Nintendo hatched a nasty plot with these "favours", tho... Evil, I say...EVIL! Lol

omg, happens 90 percent of the time with me. they mostly ask for an apple which I cannot get . drives me totally insane. I have done everything I could to get an apple but no luck. that silly fruit is the only fruit nobody on my friends list has. I even tried sending my neighbors fruit in the mail, but nothing.

I can give you 3 apples. I have a tree thanks to a sweet friend. Hit me up if you're still in need. =}

OMG... ROFL! I'm sorry to laugh to hard at this...but this HAS to be the funniest thing yet! Well, not at the time...but a BASS??? Usually you can't get away from the things if you used nuclear weaponry... *snorfles*

I know!! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. If I remember rightly it took me AN HOUR to find one. *Shakes head* They certainly tested my patience that day, that's for sure lol.

Exchange FC... I need yours, mine is beside and below. Once added, I'll open my gate and lead you to them. Easy peasy! =}

Fc: 5456-0192-4984

great big thank you, doing it now, and you may visit me if you wish and help yourself to what you might need.

After 3 agonizing hours, I finally caught the neon tetra. I really should be keeping 1 of every different fish/bug available in November so I don't have to go through this again. I hope this info is of use to someone.

Back