Anyone else having problems with some villager favors?

Mr.K

Bells
I have noticed while playing for several months that when a villager requests a specific bug/fish that even if the bug/fish is normally easy to find, it suddenly becomes super rare. Is this just a coincidence because it is very annoying. I have been trying to catch a neon tetra for the last two hours and so far no luck. This fish normally takes me less than ten minutes to find.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I am fishing during the time-frame it is catchable.

Last edited:
Every once in a while that happens to me. I just attribute it to bad luck because it doesn't happen all of the time. Or at least not on my game.

It happens to me a LOT. They ask for a fruit when I swear that they know I just sold every single piece of it. They KNOW that I won't be able to find them that darned barbel steed no matter how long I go blind fishing in that stupid river. They KNOW that that one day I will NOT be able to visit a friend's town with the cherry... And on and on.

Yes, I feel your pain, Mr. K! I just had this last night when Coach asked me for a goldfish. So how long does it take me - and I'm a pretty good fisher...over an HOUR!!! I NEVER had found so many bitterlings in my entire life. >_<

I have nearly max feng shui points and am wearing one of Katrina's lucky charms, a celebration hat. It must be very bad luck.

Same here, Mr.K. I logged on and I was flush with crickets! Ran into Roald, and what does he want? Yep a cricket. So I don my net, and not a single cricket to be found. Not one. Not anywhere, and I mean they were ALL over as I watered plants, hunted fossils & mushrooms, and searched for the money/ore rock. But as soon as I was asked... I feel your pain. =/

omg, happens 90 percent of the time with me. they mostly ask for an apple which I cannot get . drives me totally insane. I have done everything I could to get an apple but no luck. that silly fruit is the only fruit nobody on my friends list has. I even tried sending my neighbors fruit in the mail, but nothing.

YES. Every darn time! It even happened to me with a sea bass, I mean come on! A sea bass suddenly being hard to catch? The game has a very evil side lol.

I have thought of this before but an idea to help with this would be to catch very single bug/fish currently available and put them in storage ahead of time. That way the evil system can be beat.

YES. Every darn time! It even happened to me with a sea bass, I mean come on! A sea bass suddenly being hard to catch? The game has a very evil side lol.

OMG... ROFL! I'm sorry to laugh to hard at this...but this HAS to be the funniest thing yet! Well, not at the time...but a BASS??? Usually you can't get away from the things if you used nuclear weaponry... *snorfles*

Seriously, I'm glad to know that it isn't just me. I do think Nintendo hatched a nasty plot with these "favours", tho... Evil, I say...EVIL! Lol

omg, happens 90 percent of the time with me. they mostly ask for an apple which I cannot get . drives me totally insane. I have done everything I could to get an apple but no luck. that silly fruit is the only fruit nobody on my friends list has. I even tried sending my neighbors fruit in the mail, but nothing.

I can give you 3 apples. I have a tree thanks to a sweet friend. Hit me up if you're still in need. =}

OMG... ROFL! I'm sorry to laugh to hard at this...but this HAS to be the funniest thing yet! Well, not at the time...but a BASS??? Usually you can't get away from the things if you used nuclear weaponry... *snorfles*

I know!! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. If I remember rightly it took me AN HOUR to find one. *Shakes head* They certainly tested my patience that day, that's for sure lol.

Exchange FC... I need yours, mine is beside and below. Once added, I'll open my gate and lead you to them. Easy peasy! =}

Fc: 5456-0192-4984

great big thank you, doing it now, and you may visit me if you wish and help yourself to what you might need.

After 3 agonizing hours, I finally caught the neon tetra. I really should be keeping 1 of every different fish/bug available in November so I don't have to go through this again. I hope this info is of use to someone.

Back