• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Anybodys thumb hurt after swimming a lot?

SirSean

~Stay Classy~
Bells
Switch
7099-9065-0318
Red Pansy
I spent 10 minutes vigorously chasing something around and my thumb was dying by the end from having to click the a button so much. Any body else getting those old Mario Party vibes from swimming since you have to mash the button over and over.

Yes! It gets the same way after long meteor showers too! I've tried to limit swimming to a few minutes at a time then get out, sell/donate everything, and give my thumbs a break. Occasionally I play with my switch upside down (I have a switch lite) so the other thumb takes a hit for a while!

I haven't had that problem yet so far because I typically just hold A when I'm swimming around, and when I come up on a fast creature I do that trick someone here mentioned where you wade up to the bubbles without pressing A and then dive right on top of it. It took a few tries and a lot of wading but it's worked for me

I just take my time with it and just keep my finger on the button.
I don't swim as fast, but it's okay.

mine doesn’t but i’m probably gonna wind up with carpel tunnel lmaoo

I haven't found a fast creature but I heard from others that you can sneak up to them on the surface (don't tap A, just use the joystick), and then you'll have an easier time catching them. You can also try cornering them against the borders of the map.

Just for swimming around and looking for bubbles, I found it best to just tap A with good timing to get a nice rhythm. That might even be better than holding down the button.

I'm thinking maybe getting a controller with a turbo button would be a good investment for this game 😂

I haven't encountered a fast enough creature yet. I'm usually pretty good at diving super close to where the creature/encounter is at. Plus paying Super Smash, definitely helps train you lmao

I spent 10 minutes vigorously chasing something around and my thumb was dying by the end from having to click the a button so much. Any body else getting those old Mario Party vibes from swimming since you have to mash the button over and over.
If I recall, it actually made a difference to mash the button as fast as you could in Mario Party unlike in this game where you can only swim so fast.

Have you seen the tips on catching fast deep sea creatures? In case you didn’t know, it’s easier to just approach them from above without pressing A and then when you’re right above them, dive down.

I've found all the sea creatures that are to find - and my thumb is indeed not happy about it... and neither is my wrist. I adore the swimming and all (it's SO CUTE), but it sure is exhausting. :LOL:

If I recall, it actually made a difference to mash the button as fast as you could in Mario Party unlike in this game where you can only swim so fast.

Have you seen the tips on catching fast deep sea creatures? In case you didn’t know, it’s easier to just approach them from above without pressing A and then when you’re right above them, dive down.

I try my best to approach from above but my depth perception often fails me lol

Nope. I don't know how you could be hurting your thumb with simple taps. Are you mashing the A button when swimming or something?

It's helping me strengthen my right thumb and then I'll be unstoppable at thumb wrestling.

Lmao I guess that's a unexpected benefit
Post automatically merged:

Nope. I don't know how you could be hurting your thumb with simple taps. Are you mashing the A button when swimming or something?

Of course maybe I'm just using the muscle memory of when I was a kid and I thought mashing the A button would help me catch Pokemon better.

Back