• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Any others not a fan of normals?

I like them as well, and have currently three in my town (though I am getting rid of one because I still need a smug). I can see why a lot of people think they are boring, but I can really relate to them (maybe I am boring, too? :p). I just like that they are so calm and seem to be a little introverted. I see parts of myself in them, I guess.

I like them as well, and have currently three in my town (though I am getting rid of one because I still need a smug). I can see why a lot of people think they are boring, but I can really relate to them (maybe I am boring, too? :p). I just like that they are so calm and seem to be a little introverted. I see parts of myself in them, I guess.
THIS!! Poppy, my birthday twin, and other normals are just so much like me. I've always been a bookworm, a bit of an introvert, etc. Plus, Poppy shares the name of my childhood best friend

I have to agree with the previous couple of posts. Out of all personality types, I am most like the normal villagers. I have more introverted tendencies, tend to be a people pleaser, enjoy reading, and easily make self-deprecating jokes. My friends who have more extroverted tendencies think my life is boring, but I'm generally happy with the way it is. :p

Normals are so cute but I agree with many people here, their personality is def a bit bland.

I really like the normals, but I agree they can be a bit boring at times. They're so sweet, though! But I try not to have more than two of any personality type if I can! This way you don't have quite as much repeated dialogue.

They generally have cute/safe designs but I agree with most that their dialogue can feel bland. Jambette is probably the loudest and most interesting normal to me because of her gaudy appearance lol. I definitely could not have more than one normal in my town so I'm happy with my juicy lipped frog.

i loved the normal types since nl but in nh, they became so watered down that i feel super disconnected with them.
their dialogues are the most boring to me in the game atm so i only have one normal type from my favs list left on my island. i used to have 3 in the past lol :/

I feel like all of the personalities get pretty repetitive and flat after a certain amount of time, so I actually don't think normals are any more boring than the other types. That said, they are a lot less interesting than they were in WW and NL, which I think is a shame. Of course, I think almost all of the personalities are flatter than in past games...

So, at this point, I basically only choose villagers based on appearance, because I know I'm going to get sick of their conversations no matter what. Plus, I find normals less annoying than other personalities, such as the bug-obsessed lazies and perpetually-rude sisterly types. Therefore, I wouldn't mind having more than one normal, as a lot of them really are cute.

I actually used to really like them back in New Leaf! I liked hearing about their cooking, the books they've been reading and the movies they watched. But now, I've limited myself to only having one on my island because... They don't do anything. They have nothing to talk about. Nintendo really ruined such a cute personality.

Their designs are some of the cutest in my opinion but it is probably one of the lamest personalities as far as dialogue goes. I think they're supposed so be bland though, honestly. Lol. I much prefer Lazies, Jocks, and Uchis.

The dialog for normals is incredibly plain, but I think that's the whole point of them. they're normal 🤔 . I do like that they talk about cooking and baking.

honestly i think normal is the most boring personality especially in new horizons, but i still love the type's designs. i'm pretty fond of lily

My 2nd most loved villager - Alice - and ANOTHER big ol favorite named Coco both happen to be normal, so I can't help but be the tiniest bit biased.

The one thing I've noticed with normals is that they have a REALLY pleasant voice (however pleasant Animalese can be), the best out of all of them, and they together with lazies are the only villager type that can make me turn on my sound again just to hear them.
I can't really speak on the design aspect because every personality has a large variety and the designers do make a note to keep it to only a few common traits between each one (I mean, Coco is a normal), so can someone really claim to find the entirety of one personality badly designed? Idk, but I sure can't

Personality wise I'm fine with them, they retained their... normal dialogue and don't go saying crazy sh** like most of the other personalities, which makes them very pleasant to be around and perfectly suitable to have more than one of, but I'm personally extremely bored by the book talk... because I absolutely hate reading books 😁

I liked a bunch of Normal villagers before NH. I was actually looking forward to having them. But after weeks of having Gayle, Marina and Lily, they felt bland... and too normal.

Other villager types also became generic, such as lazies being slobs and jocks being too obsessed with their muscles. But they were fun to have around. I kinda wish they could've exaggerated Normal villagers' dialog more.

Like some other people have said, I don't feel like normal villagers are really that much more boring. All the personality types dialogue can feel repetitive and disinteresting sometimes. I would take a normal over jock and a lot of times peppy in terms of dialogue every single time! With that said, I can see how some might find their personality bland.

What I do LOVE about normals is their designs (some of the best) and chill personalities. Honestly, it's so difficult for me to not have an island filled with normals. They are all so precious! I have to limit myself to two or three at the very most. One time I took an online "what acnh personality are you?" and got normal. So I'm not surprised I vibe with them.

I love normal villager designs and like others have pointed out their personality can be a bit bland, but I feel like that goes for all personalities/villagers in new horizons as they are all pretty repetitive. But overall, they're not so bad and pretty cute and I like how they kinda get shy and nervous when asking if they can call u by a nickname they overheard the other villagers using c:

I like normals. I'm pretty boring myself and I dont like wild things so they are one of my favourite personalities. I cannot stand jocks in this game and lazies are just sad now

I think being stuck with Peaches as the only Normal I've ever had on my island has kind of eroded my opinions of the personality a bit. Design-wise, she is one of my least favorite Normals, so I've resented being stuck with her for 5 months. I'm hoping she moves and I can replace her with a Normal whose design I like as a sort of palate cleanser.

I actually tend to prefer normals over Snooty and Preppy. Normals just seem pretty chill and laid back while snooty annoys me and ‘I want to be a Popstar!’ Gets real old real fast.

normals have some of my favorite character designs - merengue, celia, coco, kiki, gayle, goldie, skye, marina, a lot of the sanrio characters....
but also i feel like thats kind of a downside- all of the cutesy villagers are only every normal! :( i definitely agree that normals can be really bland, and its a shame because a lot of them are just so gosh darn cute. i would totally have a whole island full of them if they were a little more interesting. i only have a max of like, 2 normals at any time on my island - i cannot take any more than that haha

Back