• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Any Other Sims 4 Players PUMPED for the New Pack?

Serabee

Autistic Time-Traveler
Bells
Island
Woodland
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
Special Snowflake
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Green Christmas Stocking
Matryoshka Doll
Tricolored Puppy Plush
Holiday Candy Cane 2020
Festive Bell
Tin Robot
I'm not on any Sims fan sites so I thought I'd post here, lol.

But here's the announcement post!
It's a FARMING pack. With COWS and CHICKENS and LLAMA AND BUNNIES!!! All of which, it seems, you can DRESS UP!

Not to mention a gorgeous looking new world, more crops, some kinda country fair thing...

IDK about you but I've been dreaming about a proper farming pack forever and this looks even BETTER than what I've been imagining 🤩

It looks amazing and I’m super pumped to play it! I haven’t been playing much lately so this seems like a great reason to get back into it.

I have been hoping for a pack like this, but I'm disappointed that it doesn't look like there will be horses. The Sims 3: Pets brought Appaloosa Plains (one of my favourite neighbourhoods of all time) and horses so I had my fingers-crossed that they would introduce them to The Sims 4 at some point.

It looks amazing and I’m super pumped to play it! I haven’t been playing much lately so this seems like a great reason to get back into it.
I've been playing a fair amount lately (the home designer pack ended up being more fun than I expected!) but I'm now EXTRA pumped for this! I'm already thinking about which of my Sims would be happiest on a farm, lol.

I have been hoping for a pack like this, but I'm disappointed that it doesn't look like there will be horses. The Sims 3: Pets brought Appaloosa Plains (one of my favourite neighbourhoods of all time) and horses so I had my fingers-crossed that they would introduce them to The Sims 4 at some point.
Horses definitely would've been cool, but it seems like they mainly focused on animals that produce stuff (like eggs and milk)

There still could definitely be horses at some point, though! I know some people were annoyed with Cats and Dogs because it ONLY released cats and dogs and they seemed to think it meant there would never be any other animals, which this is proving isn't the case. I could definitely see them releasing maybe a game pack that focuses on horses at some point, if not another full expansion. Similar to how they introduced vampires without a full supernatural pack.

I haven't booted up the sims 4 in over a year but I can see this pack luring me back in. I'm down for pretty much any farm themed game lol.

I've been playing a fair amount lately (the home designer pack ended up being more fun than I expected!) but I'm now EXTRA pumped for this! I'm already thinking about which of my Sims would be happiest on a farm, lol.
I tend to play in bursts, where I’ll play for 4-6+ hours a day for days on end, then not touch the game for months, LOL. But farm life seems perfect for generation 10 of my Not So Berry Challange, and I’m only on generation 8 at the moment, so I have some pre-work to do!

I haven’t picked up Dream Home Decorator yet, but it looks fantastic. Too many packs… so much money. 😔

Also I'm glad they finally added rabbits cause I bought the pet pack for Sims 4 years ago and was geniunely surprised rabbits weren't an option for pets. Hopefully they don't want you to kill them for meat though like in minecraft.

I haven't booted up the sims 4 in over a year but I can see this pack luring me back in. I'm down for pretty much any farm themed game lol.
Same, lol. I played Harvest Moon a ton as a kid (I still remember talking to my friend on the phone about what girls we were gonna marry... and then laughing 'cause of how weird we sounded, lol). One of my first thoughts on seeing this pack was "Holy cow, Harvest Moon meets Sims!"

I tend to play in bursts, where I’ll play for 4-6+ hours a day for days on end, then not touch the game for months, LOL. But farm life seems perfect for generation 10 of my Not So Berry Challange, and I’m only on generation 8 at the moment, so I have some pre-work to do!

I haven’t picked up Dream Home Decorator yet, but it looks fantastic. Too many packs… so much money. 😔
That's pretty much how I play most games, lol. I haven't tried the Not So Berry Challenge, but I'm familiar with it- I have so many different games that I never make it to that many generations of Sims 😝

And I've been buying the packs as they've been released (I got the game on release day and I'm pretty sure I've gotten each pack on release day, too, lol) so I've been able to space out the cost. The only pack I didn't buy was the Star Wars one, since I've never been a Star Wars fan.
Post automatically merged:

Also I'm glad they finally added rabbits cause I bought the pet pack for Sims 4 years ago and was geniunely surprised rabbits weren't an option for pets. Hopefully they don't want you to kill them for meat though like in minecraft.
Lol, I cannot imagine there's gonna be an option to get any kind of meat from the animals. The pack looks WAAAY too cute and wholesome for that! I think the closest we're gonna get to that is getting food from the insect farms in Eco Lifestyle.

But I'm also really excited for the rabbits- they look SO cute and sweet! And I love that it sounds like you'll be able to tame wild animals. I mean, it's not the most realistic set up, but it'll be so fun~

I think I'm most excited for the Llamas, though. Llamas have always been a big part of the Sims series... and yet we've never had ACTUAL Llamas before. So this should be awesome!

Reactions: oak
To be honest, I don't even play the Sims 4 and I'm excited for this 😅. I love watching other people play it, but my wallet can't keep up with all of the DLC. If there's one pack I would get, though, it would be this one!

To be honest, I don't even play the Sims 4 and I'm excited for this 😅. I love watching other people play it, but my wallet can't keep up with all of the DLC. If there's one pack I would get, though, it would be this one!
I never even thought about people who don't play getting excited, but that actually makes sense, lol. I know a lot of people LOVE watching streamers and this DEFINITELY seems like a good pack for that!

Really disappointed they didn't add horses. Really, it just sticks out like a sore thumb that they aren't there.

I haven’t played the Sims in a while but I’m looking forward to this. I’ve already preordered the new expansion pack. :)

Sorry to pop in on this thread, I was just wonderinggg. I want to get into this game soon but I don’t know what version I should get? I’m new new and any advice would be amazing! 🥺 I wanna join in the fun.

Really disappointed they didn't add horses. Really, it just sticks out like a sore thumb that they aren't there.
Like I said, I still think there's a solid chance they'll add them in the future. I'd honestly rather have something like a horse game pack- that way they could REALLY make them awesome, as opposed to just including them as an afterthought.

I haven’t played the Sims in a while but I’m looking forward to this. I’ve already preordered the new expansion pack. :)
I have a feeling this'll bring a lot of players back, at least for a bit! I know farming stuff has been a big wish for A LOT of people, to the point where Maxis has mentioned before, "Yah, we have a pack coming up, but it's not gonna be a farming one, just FYI"

Sorry to pop in on this thread, I was just wonderinggg. I want to get into this game soon but I don’t know what version I should get? I’m new new and any advice would be amazing! 🥺 I wanna join in the fun.
Like I said, I have all packs (besides Star Wars... which I'd still probably recommend if you're a Star Wars fan, unlike me, lol) so I can definitely offer advice! I mean, no matter what, you'll need the base game (does it come bundled with any expansions? IDK, like I said, I bought everything at release)

I think it really depends on HOW you want to play. Do you want to focus on making families? If so, I'd recommend packs like Parenting (it offers... well, more parenting options, as well as added traits, and just generally more focus on families), University (great way to get head starts in careers), and Seasons (which I recommend no matter what- not only are seasons/weather fun, but it allows you to make custom holidays and that's AWESOME- my Sim recently took a few days off for "Winterfest" and had a lovely family meal, as well as a cozy night in with her girlfriend and some mistletoe, and she decorated a tree and stuff). If you're focused on more fantasy type stuff, you'll probably want things like Realm of Magic (introduces the spellcaster lifestate, basically witches, and a magic sub-world to visit), Vampires (introduces... vampires), and the mermaids in the Island pack are pretty awesome, too! Or if you wanna throw wild parties and live the high life, City Living is pretty fun (the apartments and penthouses are sweet, and there are lots of festivals in the new city), Luxury Party stuff (doesn't offer a ton gameplay-wise, but some cool clothing and decorations), and Get Together (allows you to make and manage "clubs", which are GREAT ways to build and maintain friend circles for your Sims). If you're into crafting, Eco Living is good (offers a lot of DIY stuff for your Sims to do), Nifty Knitting (a stuff pack, so quite cheap, and knitting gives you great bang for your buck- there's a TON of stuff you can make!), and Home Decorator is cool, too (allows you to start a career remodeling other Sims' homes- it's the newest and I've been playing it a lot the past few days, it's way more fun then I expected!). Cat and Dogs is also great if you want pets (you can also start a vet clinic!) and the world in it is really pretty.

Anyway... I really hope you were looking for advice on packs and not, like, what to play on (I only play on PC, so I have no opinions on console versions, lol) 😅 But if you have any other questions, I'd be happy to help! Like I said, I'm a big fan, lol. If you do end up getting it, and check the gallery (where you can download houses and Sims and stuff other people have made) my username is the same there. I have way too much stuff uploaded 😝

They...they're finally adding bunnies?! ♥️😭♥️😭♥️

Haven't touched Sims 4 in awhile, but this will officially bring me back.

Man my character's husband is going to be so pissed when I pack our whole lives up and move from our super modern house to our new life on a farm lmao

Like I said, I have all packs (besides Star Wars... which I'd still probably recommend if you're a Star Wars fan, unlike me, lol) so I can definitely offer advice! I mean, no matter what, you'll need the base game (does it come bundled with any expansions? IDK, like I said, I bought everything at release)

I think it really depends on HOW you want to play. Do you want to focus on making families? If so, I'd recommend packs like Parenting (it offers... well, more parenting options, as well as added traits, and just generally more focus on families), University (great way to get head starts in careers), and Seasons (which I recommend no matter what- not only are seasons/weather fun, but it allows you to make custom holidays and that's AWESOME- my Sim recently took a few days off for "Winterfest" and had a lovely family meal, as well as a cozy night in with her girlfriend and some mistletoe, and she decorated a tree and stuff). If you're focused on more fantasy type stuff, you'll probably want things like Realm of Magic (introduces the spellcaster lifestate, basically witches, and a magic sub-world to visit), Vampires (introduces... vampires), and the mermaids in the Island pack are pretty awesome, too! Or if you wanna throw wild parties and live the high life, City Living is pretty fun (the apartments and penthouses are sweet, and there are lots of festivals in the new city), Luxury Party stuff (doesn't offer a ton gameplay-wise, but some cool clothing and decorations), and Get Together (allows you to make and manage "clubs", which are GREAT ways to build and maintain friend circles for your Sims). If you're into crafting, Eco Living is good (offers a lot of DIY stuff for your Sims to do), Nifty Knitting (a stuff pack, so quite cheap, and knitting gives you great bang for your buck- there's a TON of stuff you can make!), and Home Decorator is cool, too (allows you to start a career remodeling other Sims' homes- it's the newest and I've been playing it a lot the past few days, it's way more fun then I expected!). Cat and Dogs is also great if you want pets (you can also start a vet clinic!) and the world in it is really pretty.

Anyway... I really hope you were looking for advice on packs and not, like, what to play on (I only play on PC, so I have no opinions on console versions, lol) 😅 But if you have any other questions, I'd be happy to help! Like I said, I'm a big fan, lol. If you do end up getting it, and check the gallery (where you can download houses and Sims and stuff other people have made) my username is the same there. I have way too much stuff uploaded 😝

Oh my, there seems to be so much fun to have in the game. I’m really interested in the Cottage update thats coming out as well as the ones of more a Fantasy nature.

I don’t have a lot of money as I just bought a gaming laptop so I’m trying to narrow things down. ( also I have no interest in Star Wars either. Not my cup of tea haha ) Thank you again! ; v ;

I just get overwhelmed as a new player having SO much to look into! Thank you for such a detailed response! 🥺🥺🥺 I am so excited to get into this game. There seems to be so much to do.

They...they're finally adding bunnies?! ♥😭😭

Haven't touched Sims 4 in awhile, but this will officially bring me back.
I know, right? Not just any bunnies, either- these look SO precious! I want to pet them so bad 😝 I also love how it looks like they're not gonna be cage pets, like the rodents in the pet stuff pack, but closer to cats and dogs!

Man my character's husband is going to be so pissed when I pack our whole lives up and move from our super modern house to our new life on a farm lmao
Lol, I've got a Sim raising her daughter off the grid... I think her daughter will start her own farm once she grows up! But I'm also probably gonna pull some Sims from San Myshuno for some nice culture shock 😉

Oh my, there seems to be so much fun to have in the game. I’m really interested in the Cottage update thats coming out as well as the ones of more a Fantasy nature.

I don’t have a lot of money as I just bought a gaming laptop so I’m trying to narrow things down. ( also I have no interest in Star Wars either. Not my cup of tea haha ) Thank you again! ; v ;

I just get overwhelmed as a new player having SO much to look into! Thank you for such a detailed response! 🥺🥺🥺 I am so excited to get into this game. There seems to be so much to do.
No problem! I love talking about games I love, and I definitely love Sims 4. I can also see how it'd be intimidating to get into it right now- but now's also a good time to do it! They've added so much content (not just packs, but basegame content) since release that there's a lot to discover and learn about. And just remember there's no rush- play at your own pace and have fun! I got into Sims 3 pretty late (as in, after I had Sims 4) and it was overwhelming, but also super exciting, to learn about it.

They also have sales pretty often, at least from what I've seen, on packs and stuff. Make sure to keep an eye out for that!

I was amazed when I seen it. Like, about time.
I am excited for some make believe country living. I try to wait for sales when I buy anything Sims, but I think this might be the first time you get bonus if you buy before a certain date. Or that I remember anyways. But I will be buying this when it comes out.

I think the only one I have not brought on Sale was the Island Living one. And maybe some of the cheap packs, because they don't go on sale usually. Or as much.

I don't really have the money right now, but it is taking all my will power not to use my credit card to buy some packs right now.
They don't have any sales on Origin right now.

It is hard to decide what packs I want next, besides the cottage living.

I still need:

Expansion Packs:
Get Famous
Discover University
Snowy Escape
Eco Lifestyle

Game Packs:
Star Wars
Strangerville
Parent Hood

Stuff Packs:
Paranormal
Nifty Knitting
Toddler
Fitness
Moschino

Kits:
Bust the Dust
Country Kitchen
Throwback Fit

I was amazed when I seen it. Like, about time.
I am excited for some make believe country living. I try to wait for sales when I buy anything Sims, but I think this might be the first time you get bonus if you buy before a certain date. Or that I remember anyways. But I will be buying this when it comes out.

I think the only one I have not brought on Sale was the Island Living one. And maybe some of the cheap packs, because they don't go on sale usually. Or as much.

I don't really have the money right now, but it is taking all my will power not to use my credit card to buy some packs right now.
They don't have any sales on Origin right now.

It is hard to decide what packs I want next, besides the cottage living.

I still need:

Expansion Packs:
Get Famous
Discover University
Snowy Escape
Eco Lifestyle

Game Packs:
Star Wars
Strangerville
Parent Hood

Stuff Packs:
Paranormal
Nifty Knitting
Toddler
Fitness
Moschino

Kits:
Bust the Dust
Country Kitchen
Throwback Fit
It is the first time there's even been a bonus! I always pre-order packs (when I can) or buy the day of (if I can't preorder), so I would've known if there was another with a preorder bonus, lol. And I have to say the bonus items are pretty cute, I really like the bike especially!

And it would be overwhelming to buy packs at this point, as opposed to one at a time as they come out... but at least these days you have full information on all the features and stuff! Personally, I really like the character values in Parenthood (having Good Manners is an EXCELLENT way to make friends as an adult- you get a big boost to relationships if you use a "polite introduction"!) and the knitting skill is probably the best skill line from any stuff pack (you can knit SO many items). Personally, I've been thinking how cute it'd be to run a little alpaca farm and knit stuff from "their" wool ☺ And if you're into magic and/or spooky stuff (it seems you have the other spooky packs), the Paranormal pack is AWESOME. The haunted houses in it are super fun and, IMO, it has some of the coolest furniture and clothing items. Even though few of my families live in haunted houses, I use the items from it ALL the time.

Back