Any idea when the save file transfer feature will be implemented?

dildu

Bells
Or is Nintendo just pulling our leg? I'm honestly soooo surprised it wasn't already a thing!!! Pocket Camp has this feature and it's a mobile game...

I started my ACNH file on my partner's switch lite and he started his ACNH file on his switch. I've put in a good +200 hours into my game and I love what I got!
However, my partner wants to get rid of his main switch and start using his switch lite as his main console. We were planning on getting myself a switch lite (I wasn't sure I wanted one at first, but the switch lite is an amazing handheld console imo and I was won over) until I read that there was no file transfer!
That info kind of broke my heart! I can't understand why this game doesn't have file transfer...

EDIT: On Nintendo's website, there is an option to submit a support ticket for file transfers. However, you need the serial number of old and new switch consoles. Has anyone had any experience with this method???

Last edited:
Yes, I think that Nintendo dropped the ball on this one. Nintendo will probably release it but I can’t give a good guess about when it might be coming. It really should have been a feature available on release.

Yes, I think that Nintendo dropped the ball on this one. Nintendo will probably release it but I can’t give a good guess about when it might be coming. It really should have been a feature available on release.

It's an awful oversight. I'm willing to drop $200 this moment if I could do a file transfer.
I noticed on Nintendo's website you can send a support ticket to request file transfer, but you need serial numbers of new and old switch. I wonder if they can transfer on a case by case basis?

I may be totally wrong in this, but I always thought it was towards the end of this year? I'm not sure where I got this from but it was always my assumption.

That’s interesting, you might as well ask and see if they would/ could do this.
Waiting is hard when we don’t know how long we have to wait for. Hopefully, it will be sooner rather than later.

Pocket Camp is made by a different company so the fact that it has the feature is completely irrelevant. The data transfer feature on the website excludes Animal Crossing data I'm pretty sure as it would be the same result as if you were doing this yourself.

I may be totally wrong in this, but I always thought it was towards the end of this year? I'm not sure where I got this from but it was always my assumption.

I truly hope your assumption is correct.

That’s interesting, you might as well ask and see if they would/ could do this.
Waiting is hard when we don’t know how long we have to wait for. Hopefully, it will be sooner rather than later.

Seems like we are going to do a lot of waiting with ACNH. The Waiting Game.
Best to just be happy and enjoy it for now.

Pocket Camp is made by a different company so the fact that it has the feature is completely irrelevant. The data transfer feature on the website excludes Animal Crossing data I'm pretty sure as it would be the same result as if you were doing this yourself.
It's still made by Nintendo though.

Good to know that it excludes ACNH file transfers. I won't waste anyone's time giving it a try then.

Back