• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Animes that ended too early.

Nana!! Oh my goodness. I am absolutely in love with everything about this series, but they only went up to 50 episodes even though the manga continued. But now I think the manga's discontinued because the author got sick. Sigh.
I also would've liked to see more of Fruits Basket and Paradise Kiss too.

akuma no riddle. the ending was one of the most rushed, plot-hole filled endings i had ever seen.

SnK was too long.

Nah.. if it was 13 episodes, it wouldn't be as popular. They needed all the room they could get for proper character development and stuff.
I wish a lot of animes had the same length and time. :/

Sargent Frog :(
The dub ended a lot sooner than it did, just because FUNimation barley gave it any spotlight. Though the SGT. Frog dub was just hammering it down with the pop culture references and stuff for me to enjoy it anymore.
The japanese version went on from 2004 to 2011.
And there was even a flash reboot, that also ended early.

I feel as though Tokyo Mew Mew (the first anime I ever watched cx) had too many filler episodes.. I wish it had more plot related episodes!

I agree with the people saying Fruits Basket and Ouran HSHC. Though, those two did continue in the manga.

It's the same with Rurouni Kenshin, which definitely ended too soon. The manga provided the Jinchuu/Revenge arc right afterwards, but episodes 63-95 are just fillers. Then, instead of working on animating that arc, we get a non-canon revamp of the Kyoto arc (called the "Shin Kyoto" arc)...and don't get me started on that horrible excuse of an ending in OVA form which broke canon.

Trigun needed more to it...at least an extra episode for an epilogue, if nothing else!

Yowamushi Pedal ended too early. Rather, it just ended in a poor spot (yes, I know there's going to be a season two, but there was really no excuse for ending the first season where it ended).

I'm also gonna say Lovely Complex ended too early; the manga has much more to it. Same with Ranma 1/2 and Flame of Recca.

Also going to list Moyashimon in there; the two seasons were great, I just wish there was more of it. And I just want to see more of Natsume Yuujinchou. If that's even still ongoing as a manga (let alone an anime since season four), I haven't heard anything in a while.

I'm also going to list Digimon Zero-Two, as that had so many plot holes by the end of it that someone can fly a 747 through them. Adding to that would be "No.6"...the ending was a freaking cop-out which needed a heck of a lot more!

I see that some people mentioned Nana on here and I totally agree; they ended it too soon. It went by so fast!

Air Gear comes to mind

but D. Gray-man most of all. RIP that show and manga

that C anime about economy or something. the short season def ruined the story bc it was very rushed
kyousougiga

I'm also going to list Digimon Zero-Two, as that had so many plot holes by the end of it that someone can fly a 747 through them. Adding to that would be "No.6"...the ending was a freaking cop-out which needed a heck of a lot more!
02 got so much hate from the fandom, but personally I don't think it's that bad.

It's just like you said, it has way too many plot holes and the addition of a "6th Ranger" made it even worse since some of the things during the first arc just went up and disappeared in the 2nd. Not to mention, ending should have a better epilogue than that. It really felt like the last few episodes of 02 were horribly rushed.

But thank god we have Adventure 3 coming out next year to fix all of the problems that 02 plagued.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I feel as though Tokyo Mew Mew (the first anime I ever watched cx) had too many filler episodes.. I wish it had more plot related episodes!
I barley remember Tokyo Mew Mew, but I can see where you're coming from.

But then again, I did enjoy some of Sailor Moon's filler episodes,(Even if the monster of the week forumla got a bit stale, I just enjoy that formula from watching Power Rangers a lot) but I can see why many people don't like filler episodes to begin with.

Air and Angel Beats.

Both were done fine with the low amount of episodes but they definitely could've used more episodes.

I know!!! DX I think it would be cool to re-make the anime like they're doing with Sailor Moon.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Air and Angel Beats.

Both were done fine with the low amount of episodes but they definitely could've used more episodes.

Yeah, I still haven't watched Angel Beats but I agree with you about Air!

- - - Post Merge - - -

watamote
12 episode

Watamote's soo funny! I would of loved to see more! I guess I'll have to start reading the manga. lol

Back