• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Anime!

im currently watching evangelion, I just finished the tv series and the last few episodes were totes bull. I'm hoping the films are cooler.

Favorite anime is probably nichijou and princess jellyfish.

I used to like Anime. Yu Yu Hakusho, DBZ, Sailor Moon, Trinity Blood, Cyborg 009, and Neon Genesis Evangelion were among my favorites.

I don't watch it too much anymore. It all sort of bleeds together and doesn't really excite me anymore. It all sort of seems to be the same as another anime at the core.

Currently watching:

-Cardcaptor Sakura
-K-on! (really cute, if you liked Lucky Star you would like this)
-Shugo Chara
-Sword Art Online (This anime is AMAZING. If you like MMOs and anime, watch this!)

As for my favourites

-Sailor Moon (my first anime!)
-Lucky Star
-Pokemon
-Dragon Ball Z
-K-on!
-Death Note
-Sword Art Online
-Bokura ga Ita (We Were There)
-Suki-tte Ii Na Yo (Say I Love You)
-Tonari No Kaibustsu-kun (The Monster Seated Next To Me)
-Soul Eater

Yeah, I have too many favourites. >_>;

Last edited:
I love all the seasons of pokemon (they are very repetitive though).

I also forgot to mention Hunter X Hunter 2011 is really really really good.

I've watched all episodes of

- Fairy Tail
- Death Note
- Ouran High School Host Club

And I'm currently watching One Piece - Fairy Tail was my first and One Piece is my favourite.

Soul Eater
Code Geass
Darker Than Black
Bakemonogatari/Nisemonogatari
Angel Beats

^ I love these shows

Oh yeah and Death Note.

Last edited:
Sukitte ii na yo is FABULOUS

Some similiar animes are Kimi ni Todoke and Toradora. Sakurasou is also similiar and maybe Ano Natsu.

I've watched all episodes of

- Fairy Tail
- Death Note
- Ouran High School Host Club

And I'm currently watching One Piece - Fairy Tail was my first and One Piece is my favourite.

Ouran is actually amazing, despite the shota and twincest included.

Have you guys seen polar bear cafe? it's just really pleasant and cute and mildly funny.

Fullmetal Alchemist, Soul Eater, aaaannnd Oran High School Host Club

Ah I forgot a few.

.hack//sign
Paranoia Agent
Samurai Champloo
YuYu Hakasho

I'll end up posting more when I think of them. lol

I was browsing the crunchyroll app the other night out of boredom and recently started watching Attack on Titan, not bad (from the three episodes i watched anyway)

Is this also a recommendation thread? I love anything to do with Yokai!
Recently I watched all that I could of Natsume's book of friends and totally lapped it up like a kitten who just discovered a bowl full of fresh cream. Im kind of a fan of slice of life too :blush:
Does anyone know of any other Yokai anime they would like to recommend? Or anything really interesting to do with Yokai??

Is this also a recommendation thread? I love anything to do with Yokai!
Recently I watched all that I could of Natsume's book of friends and totally lapped it up like a kitten who just discovered a bowl full of fresh cream. Im kind of a fan of slice of life too :blush:
Does anyone know of any other Yokai anime they would like to recommend? Or anything really interesting to do with Yokai??
The cat theme reminds me of Sakurasou but when I looked this up I thought of Inu x Boku SS

Natsume's Book of Friends, I still need to watch that anime D:
I know of a movie with youkai: Hotarubi no Mori e
And here's a silly/cute anime with youkai: Nekogami Yaoyorozu ( I haven't watched all of this one )
I'm not sure if this counts, but the manga XXXHolic had youkai, I didn't watch the anime though;;;

Hope it helps a little ^^;

The cat theme reminds me of Sakurasou but when I looked this up I thought of Inu x Boku SS

I will definitely look this one up! Thank you :)

Natsume's Book of Friends, I still need to watch that anime D:
I know of a movie with youkai: Hotarubi no Mori e
And here's a silly/cute anime with youkai: Nekogami Yaoyorozu ( I haven't watched all of this one )
I'm not sure if this counts, but the manga XXXHolic had youkai, I didn't watch the anime though;;;

Hope it helps a little ^^;

I have watched Hotarubi no Mori e, it's called the light of a firefly forest over her (from memory) and it is beautiful to watch, watch it if you can! I will check on the others. I seem to recall xxxholic from somewhere though...

Thank you both!

My all time favorite anime is Marchen Awakens Romance, shame not many people have really heard of it :/
I also love watching Bleach and Pokemon, and if it counts I love the Animal Crossing Movie :D

Yes the AC Movie counts :>

I've seen 98% of the anime mentioned in this thread and i must say, ya'll have good taste ;)

Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, Death Note, Kids on the Slope, xxxHOLiC, Evangelion, Trigun, FLCL, Mushi-Shi, Eden of the East, Baccano!, Natsume Yuujinchou, Soul Eater, and Rurouni Kenshin are my favorites.

I haven't been watching any lately though. Used to be really into it in middle school but not so much anymore, though occasionally I like finding good ones to watch.

EDIT: man, Akira is godly. Was absolutely blown away when I first watched it and I still rewatch it all the time. Also Paprika and most movies by Ghibli of course, especially Spirited away.

Last edited:
Back