• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf is slowly taking over my life, but in a good way.

marzipanmermaid

*insert Pikmin noises*
Bells
My Melody Easter Egg
Tricolored Puppy Plush
My boyfriend bought me a 3DS (and Pokemon X, which I've kind of neglected and need to get back into...) for Christmas last year; he thought it would be a great to keep my hands (and mind) busy and he's pleased as punch to see that I carry it was me everywhere like some sort of security blanket. When my anxiety or depression acts up, I can just turn my 3DS on and unwind. Pokemon X was a nice little distraction; I still need to beat the league, but I got my Sylveon!

The game I really wanted, that he made a point to save for my birthday, was Animal Crossing: New Leaf. I had never played an AC game before, but it looked like something I would love. My birthday was January 14th and after a horrible morning complete with an anxiety attack in my school parking lot, he hugged me and put ACNL in my hands. And that's where my addiction began...

I take ACNL with me everywhere I go. I play it between breaks at school, while I'm waiting on my boyfriend, when I can't sleep, when I'm sad, just all the time really. I really like the fishing and I always show my boyfriend all the new fish I caught and now I have the QR code machine in my Able Sisters so I've been getting cute little clothes for my character. He thinks my little cat cap (Thanks, Mary!) is really cute and he likes how I decorated my house.

I guess this was a pointless blog post, lol.

Back